Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012

can they do that? dude never ever tested positive as far as i know.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I thought this said "lance armstrong stripped of tdf titties"e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    brunop:can they do that? dude never ever tested positive as far as i know.

That depends on who you're referring to when you say "they."

USADA, the jackasses who've pursued LA to the ends of the earth, cannot. They can send their recommendation on and the international organization can strip him of his titles, but some question remains as to whether they will do so. From the sound of it UCI was not on board with USADA's methods, if you call a Stalinist show trial a method.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited

What Cheez said. The USADA is saying--and most outlets are reporting--that because the UCI signed on to a global anti-doping code, they're bound to strip his titles. The UCI has supported Armstrong's challenges to the USADA's authority though, so they might thumb their noses and let the titles stand.

This is the clearest rundown I've seen on it.
    • CommentAuthorben

Good article, thanks. I can't think of a single person or entity that stands to gain anything (that they would appreciate) from stripping him of titles that are so old. The new 'winners' aren't going to feel like winners or be happy about their 'wins' (see Schleck v Contador), Armstrong clearly loses, his charity loses, cycling as a sport loses, and the USADA gains nothing but an even shittier reputation.

It's gotta be personal vendettas driving this.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

it's their job.
    there was mounting evidence that be doped.
    catching dopers is what they're supposed to do.

lance did the best thing he could for his image. in 10 years time when he's running for public office he'll claim he was never found guilty and was victim to a witch-hunt. rather than face it now and be found guilty. which he quite clearly is.

fuck him for cheating. good on him for doing a lot for cancer awareness and through his charity work.
    • CommentAuthorben

JimmyJ:it's their job.
    This is very rarely, if ever, a reasonable justification for something.

I repeat, no one gains anything from this. The USADA wastes tons of money, no one Lance beat (and they were all cheating anyway) gains anything except perhaps some money (even that would be tough to do), and cycling gets fucked. There's nothing to gain from going through with this and plenty for everyone to lose.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

fuck that. this isn't some "they should let people do what they want" shit.
    he should lose all his titles and prize money if he cheated.
    regardless of whether other people were at the same time.

this, along with all the other retroactive removing of titles (see athletics etc) has, and will discourage others. and by others i mean institutes as well as individuals. the uci is going to get in shit for their complicity in ignoring the signs.

no sympathy for the guy. glad they did it.
    • CommentAuthorTenebrosi

mrotown:I thought this said "lance armstrong stripped of tdf titties"

He didn't have breast cancer. Perhaps he was stipped of his sphincter?

Anyways, he "gave up" fighting the accuastions of a pending case. So, basically, knew he was screwed. How does it feel to have your hero fall, everyone? It's kind of like Bain just broke Lance's back and threw him over the side of a downhill.

LOL

It's a sad day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb

In a bizarre twist, all the dudes who finished second in Armstrong's seven Tour wins are accused or confirmed dopers.

And in at least one year (2001) all top three finishers have since had some doping scandal.
    legalize it, don't criticize itDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben

I like this jterb fella. He's got good links.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012 edited

MJF:TIL: You people and your wonderfully priced bike parts

wrong threadclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Apparently the USADA is gonna release their findings later today and prove Armstrong's guilt beyond any doubt, or whatever.

latimes linkDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Meh?

They might as well just star a good number of years of the big races based on the number of racers who were (likely) doping.

It seems they've finally gotten what they wanted.

I suppose we've all learned something about cheating???
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2012

mrotown:I thought this said "lance armstrong stripped of tdf titties"
    Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2012

Cheez:Meh?

They might as well just star a good number of years of the big races based on the number of racers who were (likely) doping.

For real. This NYTimes graphic showing top 10 finishers with doping accusations is nuts. 7/10 in 2003.
    assholes wear belstaffTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2012

from a friend of mine:
    "OMG Lance Armstrong is such an inspirational super human with his medals and cancer and stuff!"

"OMG Lance Armstrong's superhuman ability had to do with THINGS HE ATE?! And INJECTED?! Time for some hardcore RetCon I guess"

People who suddenly dislike Lance Armstrong are pretty ridiculous and incoherent.

but even better. i love that you guys don't give a shit about armstrong. for real.
    we ride bikes up here in beantown.
    fuck pro cyclin'.
    "One thing I know for sure, heroes always die." -Husker DuAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.