Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOG killersim
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2012 edited

hey ya'll, so it's that time of year again! as fall fast approaches so does the now annual pilgrimage to Brookdale Farms for apple picking. I'm setting the date for sunday, October 14th because as i've recalled the past few years, the later we go, the less good apples we find.
    you can find all the info on the farm here: http://www.brookdalefarms.com/PickYourOwn/
    As taken from the original thread:

I'd like the schedule to look something like this:
    10:00 - meet & greet at Tosci Square in Central
    10:30 - leave for NH! (arrival time estimated around 11:15)
    11:15 -> 2 or 3 (or later we'll see how it goes) hang out at Brookdale
    3:00ish - head back to Boston, stop at state liquor store for tax-free booze and maybe ice cream somewhere?
    expect to arrive back to Boston in time for dinner.

there has been good luck in the past to get a nice size caravan of cars going- so whoever is interested, speak up so we can get an idea of how many cars we will need to haul everyone out there!
    Let me know if i missed anything- hope to see lots of people out for it this year!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    omanomanoman I might be able to do this.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2012

Hah, my dad's house is like half a mile from there.
    Not sure if it'll still be there in a month, but right now between the highway and Brookdale there's a corn maze...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

I could be into it."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb

No car, but I'd like to go. Apples and New Hampshire and cheap booze are all good things.
    in, 100% hell YEAHNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorben

I'm interested, but may have plans that day. There's no sales tax on alcohol in MA though so there's probably not much savings to be had stopped in NH.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I'm open to doing it that sunday too, or the week before. i just thought a sat might be more relaxing.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb

Sunday is better for me. Forgot I have to work Saturday night, though I could still go and be back in time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky

Sundays are best for me as well. Sunday funday.
    Saturday or sunday: decide quick so I can take it off work. (I'm pullin' for sunday too)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012 edited

sunday it is!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    They have honeycrisp apples? If it's not too late for me to sign on, I would like to join the party for this quest for apples and booze.
    I have a car and can drive. But also would be down for riding if anyone wants to leave earlier and make a day of it.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012

paul and i need our own car because we're gonna pick enough apples to fill a saab hatchback.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

I like Paul's idea of riding there if enough people want to. Only about 40 miles away.
    consider if you're riding that you will hopefully be bringing back like 1 billion lbs of apples.
    I have a car and can take 3 people!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

well, if my schedule allows, i'm down. i probably won't be able to ried a biek that far then. reserve a car spot for ganz.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012 edited

I imagine people that bike could throw their apples in someone's car and get them once they're back.

I've ridden out past Parker's Maple Barn, which is somewhat near the farm. It's a hilly area but not a bad ride.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky

Can I car pool with someone? Save a seat for Sam.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

My very first BFG event was apple picking. I'm probably in for this, if only to relive the first time I tea bagged Mick."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

ya'll're takin' good jobs away from messicans.
    jus' pointin out.
    alas, i wont be in attendancesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2012

Damn, John and I will be in NYC that weekend and I can imagine we won't be back in time for this. Ben, if you wanted to borrow my car regardless to take people, I trust you and it's yours for the day."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2012 edited

Yo guys! so theres like a week and a half before this. I want to get an idea of who's coming so i can figure out how many cars might be needed. Roll call to who might come!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2012

Definitely in, definitely car-less.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

may be able to go, already live up here
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

I'm in! I'd still like to bike if other people are interested in joining, otherwise I'd need a spot in a car. Anybody wanna bike with me?!
    I'm still down for it.
    • CommentAuthorryan t

I'm down! Probably need a ride too
    i can take 3 people and I'm pretty sure my car is full. does anyone else have a car they can bring?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2012

If people decide they are going to bike, I could do that weather permitting...
    • CommentAuthorben

I'm still a maybe - the weather that weekend will determine it.
    (My main plans center around having nice weather, so if only one day is nice and that day is the 14th then I will not be doing. If weather is nice both days, I'm in.)

I appreciate the car offer, but can't commit to driving people.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorkentucky

I'm down, I can ride but 40 both ways fixed sounds more than miserable. Can I get a spot in a car?
    I'll ride if others are. and carry TONZ O APPLEZNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    does anyone else have a car other than me that can tkae people?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    All else fails, I offered my Zipcar subscription with the caveat(s) that I haven't driven a car in three years, let alone drive a car anywhere in Boston (and we'd have to meet somewhere in JP and someone would have to navigate).
    If I'm here I can drive.
    If I'm not, and i don't take my car, someone who I trust can borrow it.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    fairweather:All else fails, I offered my Zipcar subscription with the caveat(s) that I haven't driven a car in three years, let alone drive a car anywhere in Boston (and we'd have to meet somewhere in JP and someone would have to navigate).

I am an able driver, I regularly navigate Boston traffic in a gigantic green mail truck.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Craigglesofdoom:
    I am an able driver, I regularly navigate Boston traffic in a gigantic green mail truck.

Yay. When our powers combine ... we have another transport available.
    The BioBus has a limited range, I don't think it can go all the way to NH. But damn it'd be fun to drive that thing all the way.

When it gets above 30 mph it gets TERRIFYINGNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012 edited

haha, sounds like my jeep.

so for cars we have
    Me with 3 seats
    craig/fairweather
    maybe paul with car?

Ganzi, do you think we can convince tomai or brit to lend a car? one of both might be coming anyway. so maybe +2 cars.

Roster of whos going and needs a ride so far:
    me
    ganzi
    craig
    jterb
    paul
    Kentucky
    6kidz
    ryan t
    maybe ben/cait

if i missed anyone, speak up

those of you who are riding, im leaving it to you to figure it out. I think with our cars combined we'll have enough room to get people up there. Paul and craig/fairweather, can you guys get back to me within the week to see if you can get a car? If not ill reach out to some other people.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I'd rather ride if peeps wanna ride bikes there and back

I am unafraid of carrying tons o apples in my bag, I could probs even put panniers on my bike to assist as well.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorfoulweather
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012 edited

Ok. The JP contingency can meet in JP, perhaps? I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple of zipcars in the neighborhood on Centre street. Seriously though, I'll need help navigating and encouragement to drive a bit more aggressively because the last time I drove pretty much resulted in this:

No, you go.

Let me know who's definitely in so I can put in the reservation.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012

I'm out, have fun gang."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2012 edited

alright, so as it stands right now we only have my car and maybe one other car is someone can help Valerie out. My car so far is full. Figure it out among yourselves- if no one else can get a car, I'm just going to leave from JP. Sorry guys, usually this goes a lot easier.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Day off didn't quite fit in the schedule right due to one of my coworkers being out indefinitely with medical problems - i'm gonna have to bail. Sorry guys.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Well, if no one's willing to risk life and limb by being in a car that I'm driving, I guess I'm out.
    80% in and able to drive. I'll know tomorrow for sureYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2012

paul jameson:80% in and able to drive. I'll know tomorrow for sure

Ditto.
    I have a corolla, w/ one person already riding. The back seat can fit two comfortably, three somewhat less so, but it is do-able.