Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbee
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012 edited

http://bostoncyclistsunion.org/uncategorized/helmet-ads-miss-the-mark/

I wonder how Menino will retaliate - maybe not renewing the contract for Bike To Market?

This almost makes up for them stripping membership of the right to vote for their board members. Apparently it wasn't enough that the board led a search and then vetted candidates for members to vote on; now the board just picks who they want outright.Ignorance: [i]see hybrid bicycle[/i]
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012

god, i hate the design of that site. why is everything so big? do bikers have trouble seeing?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2012

maybe it's cuz bikers have suffered head injuries as a result of not wearing a helmet and can't see gud

who has a large print copy of eat/pray/love that i can borrow?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    bahahahahahaNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Ganzi, did you ever explain why you came looking for digs at the BCU? I am curious.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2012

no, i just don't know anything about them. seems like they cropped up out of nowhere. i'm usually skeptical of organizations that i want to fully support. i still feel like i don't know their agenda. hating the website doesn't help me read any of their literature.
    Sure, they're in favor of another snowplow... but where's BCU's opinion piece on the need for heated bike lanes?

Why must everything be better in Holland?
    I, too, have been skeptical of the BCU. We shared a space with them at the Dewey Sq. market one time and the dudes were decidedly elitist and douchey towards non-cyclists, to the extent of "Oh, you don't bike? Why are you talking to us?" sorts of phrases. That was two years ago, admittedly, so I dunno now.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorMiketoms
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2013

OK,you could say that again.Thanks for sharing this.