Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbee
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012 edited

I mean, if his family were bothered by seeing it every time they drove by (I think they lived nearby) it would be pretty understandable. Clearly there's no indication that the family had anything to do with it, just bureaucratic jibberjabber reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbee
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012 edited

That comment doesn't jive with the conversations I've had with friends and family of other victims, but I've reached out to a friend of Alexander's before I respond, to make sure. Coupled with the fact that the installer probably consulted with the family first - and it was the police who *ordered* the removal...doesn't seem likely they asked for it to be removed.Ignorance: [i]see hybrid bicycle[/i]
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012

bee, who are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

He's Batman.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    The article doesn't say his family is bothered by it, they just say that's one reason a ghostbike might be removed. I figured if the family had been consulted they would've just said so (which presumably means they didn't bother asking).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

Nuggetross:bee, who are you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbee

Apparently the bike over on Morressy Blvd for Doan Bui was removed twice - they caught the first, finding the lock cut and the bike placed by a trashcan, but the second time it disappeared completely.

Any ideas on how these bikes can be better protected?Ignorance: [i]see hybrid bicycle[/i]
    Are you saying they were stolen, or the city/state removed them?

I don't think it would go over too well to permanently affix the ghostbike to a pole or the ground?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

how is it that you find ways to contact so many families so easily?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Nuggetross:bee, who are you?

His (fairly extensive) info was in the intro thread for a while but has been deleted.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

i think bee might be his own hero"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Wellesley isn't a very bike friendly town is it? Three months and still no charges. I wonder if a smaller memorial would be alright with the town.We are the small axe.
    • CommentAuthorFinn
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012

The Motsenigos family had nothing to do with the bike removal and are very upset the police ordered it to be taken down. They should have had the decency to ask first or offer to give the bike to them, which did not happen.
    • CommentAuthorFinn

In addition, it is outrageous that almost 3 months have past and no charges
    •  
      CommentAuthorbee
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012 edited

Finn:The Motsenigos family had nothing to do with the bike removal and are very upset the police ordered it to be taken down. They should have had the decency to ask first or offer to give the bike to them, which did not happen.

Source? That strongly contradicts what the Wellesley police chief just wrote NOT TO ME BUT TO MATTHEW, IN RESPONSE TO MATTHEW's EMAIL TO HIM this afternoon:

"I assume that you have not been in contact with the victims family nor should you, however, we have been in constant contact with the family, who by the way have complete confidence in our investigation, neither the victims wife or brother wanted to drive by the location of this accident and have to look at this so called memorial. Additionally, the wife did not want to subject her six year old son to the constant reminder by having to look at an old bicycle painted white, chained to a utility pole. They instead wanted to focus their energy in a much more positive manner by organizing a bicycle ride to remember the victim."

The email is much longer, and there's a second followup where the chief apologizes for being defensive.

http://bostonbiker.org/2012/11/16/mea-cupla-the-wellesley-police-do-in-fact-get-it/

What's a relief is the news that they're preparing to bring the matter before a grand jury, sounds like.

Let's support that ride, when it happens - volunteering/attending/promoting/etc.Ignorance: [i]see hybrid bicycle[/i]
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

bee:That comment doesn't jive with the conversations I've had with friends and family of other victims, but I've reached out to a friend of Alexander's before I respond, to make sure. Coupled with the fact that the installer probably consulted with the family first - and it was the police who *ordered* the removal...doesn't seem likely they asked for it to be removed.

bee: at it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbee
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012 edited

The chief was not writing to me or about me.

Yeah, I'm such an asshole - I actually bothered to try and find out more before I reacted, unlike, say, a high-profile blogger who went into a flying rant and suggested everyone email WPD:

http://bostonbiker.org/2012/11/14/wellesley-police-dont-get-it/Ignorance: [i]see hybrid bicycle[/i]
    I could be wrong, but I don't think ^^ was necessarily negative?