Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012

tcs! posted a paypal link to collect donations.
    IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012 edited

we need to raise money to either buy one of these
    or pay rent sometime maybeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2012

and thank you, dave :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    hey TCS folks... would you be interested in 6 MTB tires and 10+ road tires? all in usable condition?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2013 edited

dora:we need to raise money to either buy one of these
    or pay rent sometime maybe

Um, it's illegal to buy an Asian in this country.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    the hell it is. i'll sell myself to the highest bidder. no sex games.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2013

clockwork ted:hey TCS folks... would you be interested in 6 MTB tires and 10+ road tires? all in usable condition?

The spoke is hibernating for the winter, but bikes not bombs would love your tiresgone
    yeah they are my next stop. i guess i should just load up the bob and ride em over there one of these days. thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2013

smoothness:the hell it is. i'll sell myself to the highest bidder. no sex games.

hahaha

oh you guys

thank you anyway for thinking of us, ted! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2013

the spoke is getting ready to reopen. we could use a lot of help. get in touch with us if you're down. we have a list of stuff we need on our website. thanks d00dz
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013 edited

thanks to everyone who bought stuff from us at the b2c2 swap, donated money, or gave us words of support.

we've been hard at work making capital improvements to our space- leveling the floor, purchasing two additional shop-quality benches, and replacing & upgrading tools.

we'll be back in may. much more to come! thanks!

this is what 1100 pounds of concrete looks like on the floor of our shop:
    gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013

still for sale - spinergy spox rear wheel
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013 edited

HEY
    We have a bunch of events and stuff set up and wanna invite you to come! No worries if you're not super bike-knowledgeable, we need alllllllllllll kinds of help!

All events listed are at our shop at 10 Boylston PLACE in Jamaica Plain (not boylston st)(it's the last driveway on the left) unless specified otherwise

Volunteer Hours - we're not "open" but are cleaning and organizing the shop and our storage space in the basement
    Tuesday, April 16 - 6-9pm
    Sunday, April 21 - 11am-? (usually until we burn out around 3/4:00)
    Tuesday, April 30 - 6-9pm

Events we are tabling at - we will just be chilling, handing out fliers and talking to people about TCS. We will not be fixing bikes.
    Wake Up The Earth Fest - Saturday May 4 @ Stony Brook Park
    Green Roots Festival - Sunday June 2 @ Stony Brook Park

Repeating events - Starting opening day which is Sunday May 5
    First Sunday of the month: Volunteer hours 12-3pm, Open shop hours 3-6pm
    Every Tuesday: Open Shop 6-9pm
    Third Monday of the month: Women & Trans night 7-10pm** we need support for this night! Let me know if you can help!

If you're interested in helping out or need your bike fixed, this is our schedule!
    Contact any of the spoke members on here or email us at thecommunityspoke@gmail.com or get at us on facebook or text me
    There's info posted on our website, thecommunityspoke.orgMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013 edited

google says 10 boylston place is next to the boston common, that true?
    if so, nice score on the locale.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    JPDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Yep, JP.

http://goo.gl/maps/UfwTY

10 boylston place in downtown is the Liquor store I think.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm in for volunteer night starting 4/30. SO STOKEDDDD.

Also, I bet re-opening will result in the bikes being returned..."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

my b, post edited. thanks for pointing that out

ben that is great news! yay!! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013 edited

I have a colleague who wants to donate a project bike to someone who needs it. It needs a little work, not sure what exactly. I suggested TCS. He wants to know when he can drop it off.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013 edited

He could swing by open shop night on Tuesday nights between 6 and 9pm. Depending on how much of a project it is, it may be outside of the Spoke's mission to actually work on it (it's more about helping him to work on it himself), but the Spoke might want it for parts, or alternatively, Bikes Not Bombs is right down the street and folks at the open shop can advise him to bring it there if that makes more sense.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I'M GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR YOU LUCYDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013

Thanks, Pocky.

Also:
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013

the community spoke is in desperate need of 20" (bmx) tubes and tires !
    punctured tubes are fine, we can patch them.gone
    Got 2!! new ones...when and where?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2013

tonight (tuesday) from 6-9
    10 boylston place, jp
    right on.....I'll get em out to either location as soon as I can..been rigging up my DH bike waiting for rear derailleur hanger from Ohhhhhhhh Canadahhhhh!...should be hitting up the city for a SS ride w/ a buddy of mine one of the next few days....
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013

Yo The Spoke is in danger of being evicted by the landlord because he'd like to develop on the property. The developer is a rich liberal (think John Mackey of Whole Foods) who fancies himself a responsible businessman and can potentially be swayed by community opposition to developing.

The other tenants have been able to find investors willing to buy the property for current market value which is more than the landlord paid but less than the estimated value if it was developed.

We're staging a public opinion/ letter writing campaign. Please consider writing the developer and spreading the word. Whisper me for more info.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2013

BUMP

also reminder to Al to edit per house mtg last nite ;)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013

Hey a few regular volunteers aren't going to be able to make it tonight and we could use some help. If you're available and weighed down by the guilt of not having done any good deeds this month please stop by the Spoke between 6 and 9p to volunteer. People without guilt are welcome too.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

Does TCS have a pedal tap (non-drive side)?A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

nogone
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013

We need 20" tires and tubes for the kids' bikes!

Tubes with holes in 'em are OK! We'll patch 'em.

and we'll pretty much take any 20" tire as long as they aren't worn through.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013

can TCS! help me adjust me derailleurs? Basically, no bike stand = sweaty swearing headaches trying to do so otherwise. And there's no where in my building to even swoop a rope to hang the bike. And I might need a nudge of guidance here and there ;)
    beer or baked preferred?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013

TCS! is sub free, maybe vegan snax?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2013

tyler:can TCS! help me adjust me derailleurs? Basically, no bike stand = sweaty swearing headaches trying to do so otherwise. And there's no where in my building to even swoop a rope to hang the bike. And I might need a nudge of guidance here and there ;)
    beer or baked preferred?

Tyler! I"m sorry I didn't see this until just now. Please feel free to come to the shop! We're there every Tuesday from 6-9 or we could set up an appointment for you to come to The Kells. We have most of the tools but not all of them there, idk how complex your case is. Whatever works for you!

If you are in the mood to bring provisions to the shop please note we are a substance-free zone (no booze, cigarettes, etc) - we get lots of kids! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014

BUUUMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

TCS is moving into its new space at 10 Peniman Rd in Allston (just over the Everett St. Bridge from The Kells) next weekend, may 4th!

About half of our regular volunteers will be traveling starting this May, so we are definitely in need of more volunteers this season. if you have 3 hours a week that you don't know what to do with, come help out! :D all interest and skill levels are welcome for a multitude of tasks ranging from wrenching to posting on our website/facebook. let me know if you have any questions. we have a website and a gmail but I am bad at checking them, so PM or text me (text is best; 5 won 6 six 5 ate fore too too fore) or your other friendly TCS folxMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014

OK!
    The Spoke is moving out of storage in The Kells and into our new home at 10 Peniman Rd. In allston THIS SUNDAY. We will be loading a UHaul at the Kells at noon, and will be done by 5. If you have a few spare hours your help would be much appreciated and rewarded with some type of food afterwards!
    Please shoot me or any of your (un)friendly TCS nerds a text if you're interested, i posted my # above
    Thanks!!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I will help if we don't go campingi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014

Awesome, thank you!! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014

same"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014

I'm tutoring in Waban til about 3ish but I'll scream on over after if the timing's right
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014

I will try to come help at the beginning before I have to be at rehearsal all the way in CT. :(::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2014

We are starting loading at the kells now then will drive the uhaul to penniman road and unload

Any help is very much appreciatedgone
    • CommentAuthorrootxbeer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2014

I'd love to help out in the future!!!Damn it, man! We have to get inside! Our, um, uh... Our families are-are-are in there! Our, uh, mothers and-and, tiny, tiny babies!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014

thanks everyone who came and who wanted to come and who want to come in the future

uh
    due to unforeseen circumstances, the spoke did/will not move into 10 Peniman Road

sooooo, we are back to square one

...anyone know of a space that wants to give a community-run bike shop free or very very inexpensive rent?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    WHAT?! Texting you...You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

What kind of space are you looking for? What are your requirements for the space besides cheap/free? How often are you "open"? etc.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014 edited

Really sorry to hear this!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Ideally we'd have our own dedicated space that we control and is easily accessible from the street. If that isn't possible, a shared community space that we could have use of for a few hours a week and our own equipment storage area would be ok.
    Of course, free or cheap is paramount so we will consider all options.