Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Winter Gentleman's Ride: A Bike, Pipe & Bourbon Thrown-Down.

We need to make one of these rides happen. It's been FAR, FAR too long. I'm throwing out first possible date as Sat Jan, 15. Dress the part, bring pipes and tobacco to share, and route will be various stops to have some bourbon (bar or houses, if people willing to host).

Thoughts?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    meet at shays (we can smoke on the patio)
    End at The Haven (it's fucking scottish)Take-off everything but your rainboots
    Ooh. I'm always down for The Haven (Scotch egg for the win). Curiously, they do not actually serve Scotch as they have a weird alcohol license so they can stay open for Sunday brunch.

Also, is this only open to gentlemen? I'd wear my disguise mustache if I remembered where I left it.

•  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012

Do gentlement throw down?
    what about hash?
    I'm in I'm in I'm inNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm interested."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    CLONE HIGH!

I will try to make it, but assuming you actually mean Dec 15 (which is a Saturday, Jan 15 is not) I have other stuff going on in the evening.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    No, Jan 15. Give people time to plan/promote.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    you know, i have better things to do than complain about the gendered event title, but have the damn decency to answer the woman's question!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    malweather:
    Also, is this only open to gentlemen?

tinyhonkshus:you know, i have better things to do than complain about the gendered event title, but have the damn decency to answer the woman's question!

Gender is not a black and white, it's a lovely ocean that waxes and wanes, come be a gentleman for the evening!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    Also I should have my tandem done by then, I'll need a stokerTake-off everything but your rainboots
    Dibs^Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    chr|s sedition:No, Jan 15. Give people time to plan/promote.
    chr|s sedition:Winter Gentleman's Ride: A Bike, Pipe & Bourbon Thrown-Down.

We need to make one of these rides happen. It's been FAR, FAR too long. I'm throwing out first possible date as Sat Jan, 15...

January 15 is a Tuesday. Do you mean the 12th? Sorry, I just want to get this on my calendar now so I can request a baby pass well in advance.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I was just throwing a date to START the banter around. I know how long it takes to get this crowd organized sometimes. Anyway, yeah, the date was indeed a brainfart / typo.

I would suggest SUNDAY AFTERNOON, Jan 13th.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    SECONDED january 13th!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Fair enough. I'll put in the request.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

tinyhonkshus:you know, i have better things to do than complain about the gendered event title, but have the damn decency to answer the woman's question!

Wait, this sounds like complaining?!?!?! But, passive aggressively?!?!?!unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012 edited

Judging by the one time I met him, I'm sure chris sedition meant gentlemen in the all inclusive sense.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

can we just say eff the ride and pull tubes and drink?
    west.:Judging by the one time I met him, I'm sure chris sedition meant gentlemen in the all inclusive sense.

I proposed this as a TWEED ride in the other thread, but got shit for being too much of a tweed hipster, and was told it was called "gentleman's ride." I will not be oppressed by semmentics, or gentelman! VIVA! VIVA! VIVA!

And I can't remember, when did we meet before?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:semmentics
    at first i was like, "semantics?", and then i was like, "semitics?"somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^ I hate posting from my phone.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^ While also a bit, well, Schlitzed.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'm there.

tentatively in. I might be in New York doing hurricane reconstruction that weekend. Moving it to Saturday 1/19 would be easier for me, personally, but I'll see what I can do about juggling plans.
    • CommentAuthorcmcintosh
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2012

these are a few of my favorite things.
    cannot wait for haggis.
    Leavitt and Pierce just got a TON of Meerschaum pipes in. Get em while they're hot (and on sale for the holidays)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    west.:

Wait, this sounds like complaining?!?!?! But, passive aggressively?!?!?!

I wasn't actually complaining. I just wanted an excuse to post that screencap from Clone High. Bonus points to surprisefries for getting the reference.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2012

^ Wasn't referring to you...

and @chrissedition, we met once, briefly on Wednesday ride that didn't actually involve any riding. I think? IDK.unstuck in time
    ^^I'm still mad that the cliffhanger at the end of the season never got resolved. Man, I should watch through it again.

Did you see the pool?!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    west.:and @chrissedition, we met once, briefly on Wednesday ride that didn't actually involve any riding. I think? IDK.

YES! I do have have a vague memory now!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Now the clones are sexy teens yeah.
    They're gonna make it if they try.