Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012 edited

I just posted this on Bumerr's post about *also* getting attacked by a driver, but I figured this trial probably could use a separate thread.

So, if anyone reading this has time, please come to my trial tomorrow (Wednesday 12/12) at around 10:30am, -- it's the criminal trial for the psycho who got out of his car and attempted to strangle me.

If you want to watch this shitshow, please come to the 6th floor of Boston Municipal Court at 24 New Chardon St (Government Center) to be in the audience. I'll try to post again when I know the exact trial room number, but if you come to the 6th floor and look for whichever room is holding "Commonwealth vs. Kenneth De**ey", you should find us.

EDIT: Trial postponed (for the third time!), this time to 2/20/13. Same bat time, same bat place.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick

pocky:I just posted this on Bumerr's post about *also* getting attacked by a driver, but I figured this trial probably could use a separate thread.

not really. most of us read the posts across multiple threads, meaning cross-posting is discouraged and annoying.

edit: posting publicly about matters still unresolved in the legal system is dumb.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012

separate threads ftw.
    seanile mick:
    pocky:I just posted this on Bumerr's post about *also* getting attacked by a driver, but I figured this trial probably could use a separate thread.

not really. most of us read the posts across multiple threads, meaning cross-posting is discouraged and annoying.

edit: posting publicly about matters still unresolved in the legal system is dumb.

you're dumb. I'm glad this was brought to my attentionTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Well, I didn't post much detail, but just so you're happy, I'll remove some more detail.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2012

Asking for court support is a good thingI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    ^no argument for that
    pocky:the psycho who got out of his car and attempted to strangle me.

If you want to watch this shitshow
    but this could be counterproductivesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

Sean's being cranky. Thanks for posting. I wish I could make it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Wish I could be there. Just because I find him to be an interesting guy I hope you get Judge Leary (had him for State Criminal Practice).
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012 edited

Trial postponed AGAIN, to February this time. The reason this time is that his lawyer is sick. In any case, it's a minor inconvenience for me to keep coming downtown, but it's probably a major inconvenience for the defendant, so it's fine by me if they keep dragging him through more and more hell.

I'll post again when it's coming up again.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

more than 12 hours in advance might get you more people, although court hours are just never going to work for a lot of people
    That's crazy, dude. I might come down to watch in February. I like seeing the justice system in action; also y'think there's any chance, when he's sentenced, he will cry?
    Stormy Arthur:
    seanile mick:

edit: posting publicly about matters still unresolved in the legal system is dumb.

you're dumb. I'm glad this was brought to my attention
    a_lion:more than 12 hours in advance might get you more people, although court hours are just never going to work for a lot of people

Agreed. More notice = more better.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2012

Obo:Asking for court support is a good thing

+1

GEEZ way to be supportive, you guys!
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

OK, the District Attorney emailed me to tell me the new date has been assigned: Wednesday, Feburary 20th. They go in alphabetical order, so since his name starts with D, it should be 10:30am-ish again.

Hopefully this time it won't get postponed for a fourth time or whatever it's been by now. I'm starting to wonder now whether the defense is deliberately stalling on the assumption that we will just give up at some point and not bother coming. By the way, this is the defense attorney: http://bit.ly/UCRVwP . Note the numerous clips on her web site of all the Fox News guest appearances she's done. Yes, I am being completely serious. Go look.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I'd hit it.
    ^^ I interviewed with a different Boston-area attorney who also does Fox news appearances (and he seemed like a pretty ok guy).

She was probably just busy, didn't you say she was sick or away or something?
    • CommentAuthorBigRing
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012

I'd like to know more about what transpired before I render an opinion, and would need to hear his side of the story. Even with that, I will not engage in libel, as the court has not rendered a verdict. There are two sides to every story. BTW, the name u mentioned happens to be an avid cyclist, advocate, competitive racer, and has one of the most significant lightweight bicycle collections in the world (assuming we are talking about the same person). His bikes are amazing - Cinelli, Masi, Herse, bikes raced by Merckx, Coppi, Lemond, ...you name it. Again. I will not drop a name.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2012 edited

^ Here comes the judge, here comes the judge?

Not sure what would be deemed libel as the comments here stand? Not that this is the place for details. It will all come out in court, I imagine.

That said, googling has revealed some of said bike collection, it is pretty amazing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013 edited

Baron Fagrot:I'd hit it.

LOL.

BigRing:BTW, the name u mentioned happens to be an avid cyclist, advocate, competitive racer, and has one of the most significant lightweight bicycle collections in the world (assuming we are talking about the same person).

Not the same person. Yes, the person you're thinking of does have an impressive collection of bikes, but that is not the person who attacked me. The person you're thinking of has a differently-spelled last name. I spelled the name of my attacker correctly, with the second "e".

Cheez:^^ I interviewed with a different Boston-area attorney who also does Fox news appearances (and he seemed like a pretty ok guy). She was probably just busy, didn't you say she was sick or away or something?

Oh, sure, the Fox News thing doesn't necessarily reflect badly on a person, I just think it's an interesting tidbit. Yes, she was sick, but this is the third time the defense has asked to postpone it, and she wasn't sick the other times. I don't know if these things usually get postponed this many times, so maybe it's just par for the course.

However, I certainly know that it's absolutely NOT par for the course for the defense attorney to ask the judge at the defendant's arraignment to postpone the arraignment and recommend that the case go to mediation (all AFTER the criminal complaint hearing already occurred and supposedly decided that he is indeed being arraigned today), or to SUBPOENA THE VICTIM to come to that "second" arraignment. I've been told that it is a terrible thing for a lawyer to do this, because there is no legal purpose for the victim to be at the arraignment, particularly since the victim might be traumatized by having to see their attacker. In fact, when I showed up for the "second" arraignment, I asked a lawyer-looking person "Do you know where I'm supposed to wait for this arraignment?", and he said "Are you the defendant?", and I said "No, I'm the victim." And he said "You know you don't have to be here, right?" And I said, "Well, I was subpoenaed." And he said "Really? Who's the defense attorney?" And I said her name. And he said "OH. You do whatever THIS guy says." And he pointed to the board, to the name "Detective Brian Gill" (who, as I think I mentioned before, is awesome).::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013 edited

OK, so this is coming up again soon, and since people seemed interested but asked for more advance notice this time, I'm posting a couple of weeks in advance so that folks might be able to plan to come:

Trial is Wednesday, February 20, on the 6th floor of Boston Municipal Court at 24 New Chardon St (Government Center). Come to support me, come for the politics, or come for entertainment.

I'll try to post again when I know the exact trial room number, but if you come to the 6th floor around 10:30am and look for whichever room is holding "Commonwealth vs. Kenneth De**ey", you should find us.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorTenebrosi
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013

Cheez:^^ I interviewed with a different Boston-area attorney who also does Fox news appearances (and he seemed like a pretty ok guy).

We are all glad you cleared this person's moral character for the rest of us so we could avoid taking a risk on him. "Cheez" says he's alright, everyone!
    • CommentAuthorTenebrosi
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2013

EDIT: Trial postponed (for the third time!), this time to 2/20/13. Same bat time, same bat place.

Either there is no justice in the world, or the courst system thinks anyone named after a Japanese chocolate dipped cracker stick should be choked. Although, I thought the bylaw was that you were to be choked with your pants down and if you lived, a red letter "L" was to be worn upon your forehead for ... I'm quoting the bylaw now, "worn upon the forehead for a while."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013

This is happening tomorrow! Come one, come all!

The lunatic who got out of his car and attempted to strangle me, goes to trial tomorrow!

Anyone who wants to come sit in the audience to support me, please come to Boston Municipal Court at 24 New Chardon St at around 10:30am. The trial will be on the 6th floor -- look for Commonwealth vs. Kenneth De**y. (I looked at the summons and it actually is spelled without the "e", but this is totally not the bike enthusiast of the same name.)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorMattia
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013

Unbelievable.

Shit, I cannot be there today, I'm working!

I'm hoping all the best for u!

Keep us updatewww.churchriders.tumblr.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013

It's over. :-)

Whisper or personal message me for additional info.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorBigRing
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013

>>>Pocky said>>
    Probation with 9 months mandatory anger management.

"Are you SURE? BigRing, do you know this guy? What does he look like? They *can't* be the same person. This Ken Denny is a complete nutcase, and in no way a "good guy", and seems to hate bikes -- see the "cars suck, bikes rule" fiction that he made up below. This was a Criminal Complaint Hearing, at which he answers questions from the magistrate and detective. He lied under oath NUMEROUS times at this hearing, and the detective CAUGHT him lying under oath about having called 911. He kept changing his story to the detective. He said at the hearing that my friend and I "rode our bikes in circles around his car shouting "cars suck, bikes rule!" and that one of us keyed his car and one of us pushed our bike into him causing him to scrape his arm", and he pointed to an old scar on his arm, and he told the detective that *he* called 911. I was the only one who called 911!!! But when the detective asked him for his case number when he called 911, he said "they didn't give me one, they said they weren't going to talk to me", and the detective said "no, if you call the police we NEVER do that. We can pull the case number from your phone records." And he said "no, I don't have records of that", and the detective said "if you really called the police, it will be in your phone record and in the police records." So he provably lied about this. It is not provable to show that he lied about "

His only comment that he made at that hearing about riding bikes was that he used to ride with BU Bikes when he was in college at BU -- which would have been impossible, since BU Bikes has only existed since 2008.

No, I don't know you. But I am affiliated with the BMC. Having read the court dockets and the case, I would suggest that you follow the court order and shut up. Since the case was dismissed, and YOU have a gag order, I suggest you follow it. By making statements on this after the court order, you are not only in violation of that order, but are engaging in libel, since the statements of fact do not attest to what you have posted. Don't be surprised if your comments are discovered and civil action(s) are taken. Just a word of advice.

Since the testimony (if any) and evidence of a Clerk Magistrate's hearing is inadmissible, it is not considered fact. This case was dismmissed - period!

I does no good whatsoever to whine about "your side of the story" when we haven't heard his. But here are some facts, based on the police reports I briefly looked at:

-There was an incident
    -You were "standing" in a driving lane, two abreast (against the law)
    -Your female friend stated she did not see an altercation, although she was there throughout the incident

And for the record, the BU Cycling Team (name IIRC) has been around since the early 80's. I used to ride with them from time to time. Good bunch of Cat 2's. "BU Bikes" is a different entity. But I digress.

At this point, and I repeat, I think it is best for you to obey the court order and zip it.

Juts my .02.

ps. No, I don't know you, and have no interest to meet.
    • CommentAuthorBigRing

pss. The finding was a Dismissal, with 9 months probation (Pre-trial Probation - which is basically a no-show) and Anger Management (which u can take on line free in the course of an hour or two).
    • CommentAuthorBigRing

psss. Oh, and one other thing. It is the same guy. He knows more about bikes than the collective knowledge of this blog. His bikes are amazing. I've never seen actual bikes that won the Tour de France, Giro, and other pro races until the big show at Larz about a decade ago, when he showed up with a sliver of his collection, including bikes by Eddy Merckx (the greatest pro cyclist of all time), Anquetil, Bartali, Armstrong, and others. He had a one-person show at the cyclorama around the same time that included at least a hundred lightweight cycles, jersies, medals, trophies, components (including a Campagnolo timeline dating back to the 30's). yada yada.

Anyways, there is more to discover in cycling and the history and evolution of the sport, the bikes, and those who rode them than is discussed here.

Bye
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013 edited

BigRing, I think it's well beyond the point that you identify yourself, seeing you clearly have an immense interest in this case and are more than happy to give legal advice. Clerk's office? Probation?
    BigRing:psss. Oh, and one other thing. It is the same guy. He knows more about bikes than the collective knowledge of this blog.

Anyways, there is more to discover in cycling and the history and evolution of the sport, the bikes, and those who rode them than is discussed here.

Bye

you are a fucking moron, do you even know what a blog is? pssst this isn't it.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Sounds to me like BigRing is the defendant in this case. Sorry you got probation, bro.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorBigRing

Not me, "bro". Whay the profanity, anyways?
    BigRing:Not me, "bro". Whay the profanity, anyways?

cause you come off as a ass, don't really give a fuck who you are. And I don't know pocky, but you just insulted everyone on this forum with your pompous attitude. So to reiterate: Get fucked, unpleasantly.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    wow, i'ma hafta look up this eddy merckx guy. i wonder if he's related to that cat...i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2013 edited

wait...you can ride bikes fast, have nice bikes, and still be a giant dick?
    tinyhonkshus:wow, i'ma hafta look up this eddy merckx guy. i wonder if he's related to that cat...

and t-honks takes the win!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Lance looks really mad at bostonfixed.
    Cheez:Lance looks really mad at bostonfixed.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    cause you come off as a ass, don't really give a fuck who you are. And I don't know pocky, but you just insulted everyone on this forum with your pompous attitude. So to reiterate: Get fucked, unpleasantly.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Seems like this video could confirm if it is the same Ken.

Who knows, BigRing could just be another Marais!We are the small axe.
    Bwahahaha!

I wish I were that creatively trollish.
    I hope this thread goes on forever.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    we talking bout backpacks?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    BigRing:psss. Oh, and one other thing. It is the same guy. He knows more about bikes than the collective knowledge of this blog. His bikes are amazing. I've never seen actual bikes that won the Tour de France, Giro, and other pro races until the big show at Larz about a decade ago, when he showed up with a sliver of his collection, including bikes by Eddy Merckx (the greatest pro cyclist of all time), Anquetil, Bartali, Armstrong, and others. He had a one-person show at the cyclorama around the same time that included at least a hundred lightweight cycles, jersies, medals, trophies, components (including a Campagnolo timeline dating back to the 30's). yada yada.

Bye

Who cares about a bunch of old, dusty junk?
    DON'T YOU TALK ABOUT EDDY MERCKX TWIG N BERRIES LIKE THAT
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2013 edited

SEAN JUST SAID BACKPACKS. I THINK IT'S:

TIME.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    RANDY!