Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2013 edited

NEVER FORGET

94 years ago today.gone
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2013 edited

Molasses tanks containing over 2 million gallons in the north end exploded, unleashing a 40 foot wave of molasses that knocked down elevated train tracks, buildings, and ensnared people and horses. Basements were flooded with 2-3 feet of molasses.

Flickr set from the bpl here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_public_library/sets/72157624622085789/

gone
    "US Industrial Alcohol, the company owning the tank, steadfastly blamed anarchists."You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    ^ Awesome. I'll take credit for it.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Alas, I think they were just trying to avoid having to compensate the injured and kin of the deceased.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    94 years dude

2013-1919=94.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2013

This is a pretty good read on the event, aftermath and trial.
    http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Tide-Great-Boston-Molasses/dp/0807050210We are the small axe.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2014 edited

95 years ago today.

gone
    "Slow as molasses in January"

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I remember the exact moment I was told about this as a kid. I was eating ramen noodles. I'm going to eat some ramen today in memoriam.
    Hey guys it's really nice out!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    100 YEARS AGO TODAY.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2019

I'm frankly amazed that Boston has gone a full century without another deadly tidal wave of tastinessWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ^hahaha, next maybe a tidal wave of microbrew?

^^HI CHRISDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D