Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013

when making pancakes, heat the oven to 275 or so and place a cookie sheet within. when each one is done place it on the sheet. all your pancakes will be warm when it's time to serve them.

who knows some SIQ HAQS?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2013 edited

To continue with the pancake theme, when making pancakes, leave the batter in the fridge in between batches. The batter won't "deflate" as quickly, so each pancake will be exactly as fluffy as the first.

This (and the previous pancake pro tip) also works for waffles. Though I don't usually use the oven tip because I always eat the pancakes as fast as I can make them.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    +pancakes: add a tablespoon of seltzer water or sprite to the battle to make them extra light and fluffy!

Pro Tip, picture hanging: when hanging a framed picture, dot the back of the frame with toothpaste or vasoline on either side where the hanging wire is. Press the picture up against the wall where you want to hang it, when you pull the frame away you'll have two easily cleanable dots on the wall you can measure you're center point from to place the nail.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthordoug?

killersim:+pancakes: add a tablespoon of seltzer water or sprite to the battle to make them extra light and fluffy!

I was a cook for five years at a restaurant called "The Pancake Man" on cape cod, and I assure you, you're doing it wrong.

rock death:when making pancakes, heat the oven to 275 or so and place a cookie sheet within. when each one is done place it on the sheet. all your pancakes will be warm when it's time to serve them.

Quit being selfish, just serve people while you're still cooking.

I'm drunk and nothing get me more defensive than people doing pancakes wrong.
    • CommentAuthordoug?

To contribute: Let your pancake batter rest 10-15 minutes minimum after mixing to let your whatever leavening agent you're using develop and the flour fully hydrate.
    you worked at the pancake man?! almost as bad of a radio jingle as thompson's clam bar. i worked at a bike shop on the cape for around 8 years where for 6 of them the radio never left 104.7 so i've probably heard it 10,000+ times. it will also likely be stuck in my head all day now.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013

heat your oven to 200 while you're mixing and kneading yeast doughs, then turn the oven and let the dough rise in there for quicker yeast breads
    killersim:
    Pro Tip, picture hanging: when hanging a framed picture, dot the back of the frame with toothpaste or vasoline on either side where the hanging wire is. Press the picture up against the wall where you want to hang it, when you pull the frame away you'll have two easily cleanable dots on the wall you can measure you're center point from to place the nail.

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    paul jameson:
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

doug?:
    killersim:+pancakes: add a tablespoon of seltzer water or sprite to the battle to make them extra light and fluffy!

I was a cook for five years at a restaurant called "The Pancake Man" on cape cod, and I assure you, you're doing it wrong.

always make pancakes with mountain dew code red instead of water or milk. you're doing it wrong. four loko also works
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

boil water before putting it in the ice cube tray and get clear ice cubes
    Never go full Fist.
    There are some pretty lame ones and some pretty damn useful ones in this list.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2013 edited

Edited for good taste"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    surprisefries:There are some pretty lame ones and some pretty damn useful ones in this list.

how was that your example and not something genius like:
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

^Not sure that's food grade plastic. Also, wtf are cd's???unstuck in time
    BECAUSE MY SHOWER HEAD IS REALLY DIRTY #trueconfessions

eta I don't think it matters whether it's food grade for bagel transport, as long as you're not heating it in the container.

CDs are like records but smaller and shinier.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    they're like mini laserdiscs
    They're like jumbo minidiscsYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

They're like my diznick but my diznick has gotten inserted into a player in the past five years.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Also because I burned both of them when I was 13.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

SYPHILIS IS NO JOKE SONWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    MAGGIE TOLD ME THAT JFRESH HAS A PRO TIP
    HE CERTAINLY DRESSES LIKE A PROYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPSWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

MORE LIKE CAMPY DRILLIUM CONDOMS.
    • CommentAuthorObo

joeyfresh:I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS

siggedI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

patch your pants before they rip
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

TOO LATEWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    If you want to search on Etsy without getting a ton of wedding crap, use "-wedding" in your searchi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2013

make pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust.gone
    use hot/warm water instead of cold/cool water in your waterpipe of choice, it will be considerably smoother than cold water
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

tinyhonkshus:If you want to search on Etsy without getting a ton of wedding crap, use "-wedding" in your search

HELL YESMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

since i am constantly sick lately

if you feel yourself getting a cold/sore throat, gargle with strong liquor (nothing with added sweet stuff. straight whiskey or vodka or whatever). don't forget to spit that shit out cuz it has your mad germies in itMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

this reminded me that if you buy a cake mix, you can make it with a can of soda. take a sip of soda, mix with cake mix, bake that shit and yer good! and you can try like, cherry coke in a chocolate cake or root beer, or flavored seltzer (coconut!) in vanilla/funfetti. all of this stuff has total shit ingredients, but it's good if you need to make cupcakes for a bake sale or something and have 0 timeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

DORA 2 FOR 2
    • CommentAuthorben

Duncan Hines(sp?) cake mix is accidentally vegan (or at least most of it is). You can just add 10oz of soda to the mix (no eggs, no water, no oil, etc) and bake as normal. Cheap, quick, and, if you mix your soda and cake flavors appropriately, pretty good.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

oreos and cocoa krispies are too! but vegan marshmallows don't expand nearly as much as regular ones do in heat, leading to some slightly lamer choco-treats
    • CommentAuthorben

Not all oreos are vegan. Gotta be careful on that one.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

:D

are there ones besides the marshmallow kind that aren't vegan?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013 edited

I've found 'normal' oreos in stores that are vegan, and some that aren't. Dunno if it's regional, or if it was a time thing, or what, but I was under the impression they all were so I asked my dad to buy some when i was home from college once. When he got back he was like "these have [animal ingredient i don't remember] in them, which i thought was weird, but i got them anyway."

Never figured that one out, since the next time i went to the store they were vegan again.

The birthday cake ones supposedly aren't.

PETA says the vegan ones are:
    Nabisco Double Delight Mint'n Creme Oreos
    Nabisco Halloween Oreos
    Nabisco Oreo Cookies
    Nabisco Oreo Thin Crisps
    Nabisco Uh-oh Oreos, Spring Oreos, Chocolate Creme Oreos
    (-Source)I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

OH SNAP

the bday cake ones have confectioner's glaze, which is not only not vegan, but it's made out of bugs!! AHHHH

http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredients/confectioners-glaze.php

pro tip: don't eat bugs bro
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    It's not bugs. It's bug secretion, with the caveat that maybe it contains bug parts if it's not processed properly.

Besides lots of cultures eat bugs YOU ETHNOCENTRIST.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

you're right, you're right, my b

i guess i would just like to have informed consent re; my bug or bug-product consumption.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm strangely okay with bug eating.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    what's the stat that says every chocolate bar has 3 bug legs in it or something. and you swallow 7 spiders in your sleep in a lifetime.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I had a picture of PJs dong that I meant to post in this pro tip thread"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

dora:
    i guess i would just like to have informed consent re; my bug or bug-product consumption.

pro tip- if you're eating veggies or grains, you're eating bugs.
    drink wine? bugs. beer? bugs. bread? bugs. ketchup? bugs. double washed, individually packaged salad greens? bugs.

source: worked on a farm.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    BUGS MMMM BUGSDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D