Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013 edited

Bugs are fucking delicious.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    i dont have a source for this, so cut me a break but there was an article in the New Yorker last year about bug eating. It was saying that convincing the american population that bug eating was okay would reduce the ecological harm the cattle industry does on the world by like half. Again, not sure of the fact, and im sure bug farms could be just as bad as cattle farms, but hey, maybe bug burgers are alright? I ate my fair share of bugs in china, i cant complain.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    there's a sweet ted talk about that.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    you name it and i've got a sweet ted talk about it
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

I wanna hear one about beards, bikes, and homoerotic subtext. I wonder who can help?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

howl:
    dora:
    i guess i would just like to have informed consent re; my bug or bug-product consumption.

pro tip- if you're eating veggies or grains, you're eating bugs.
    drink wine? bugs. beer? bugs. bread? bugs. ketchup? bugs. double washed, individually packaged salad greens? bugs.

source: worked on a farm.

surprisefries:BUGS MMMM BUGS

clockwork ted:you name it and i've got a sweet ted talk about it

LOL X 3

also pocky, you are Dan that came to the community spoke a bunch.With the folding Marlboro bike. whoa! hi!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013 edited

dora:
    also pocky, you are Dan that came to the community spoke a bunch.With the folding Marlboro bike. whoa! hi!!

Yes, it is I. Hi, Dora! Did you ever finish building up the crazy custom neon-colored frame?
    I'm very sad for the loss of the Spoke and hope for its speedy recovery. :(

Pro Tip: When judging the ripeness of a pineapple, smell its butt.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    joeyfresh:I wanna hear one about beards, bikes, and homoerotic subtext. I wonder who can help?

BEARDS BIKES AND MAN LOVE
    ARE ALL JOE WANTS TO DISCUSS
    TED TO THE RESCUE
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

Haha, yall are the bestWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2013

pocky:
    dora:
    also pocky, you are Dan that came to the community spoke a bunch.With the folding Marlboro bike. whoa! hi!!

Yes, it is I. Hi, Dora! Did you ever finish building up the crazy custom neon-colored frame?
    I'm very sad for the loss of the Spoke and hope for its speedy recovery. :(

Pro Tip: When judging the ripeness of a pineapple, smell its butt.

Hi! :D Thank you, we will be having volunteer days soon-ish to work towards opening back up, I'll definitely post on here about it!
    Hmm the neon frame. My Holland? Dorabike? I turned that guy into a flat bar road bike and I can't wait to ride it again once the weather is nicer! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    http://www.theweedstreetjournal.com/how-to-smoke-resin/this life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    seanile mick:...7 spiders in your sleep...

NPR did a big show on spiders awhile ago, and they debunked that one.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^^check out the bonus pro tip in the comments.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2013

for when paper clips are too expensive?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2013

•  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013

hahahahahahaMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    chr|s sedition:
    seanile mick:...7 spiders in your sleep...

NPR did a big show on spiders awhile ago, and they debunked that one.

i actually happened to hear that show i think? was it in august? i was dusting someone's fake ficus plants at the time for $$$ lolthis life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013

Pro Tip for Tea Brewers who Use Loose Leaf and a Kettle: Be sure to add plain boiling water to your kettle before adding the tea/water to bring the kettle's temperature closer to what the tea's brewing temp should be. This ensures appropriate brewing temp and (more importantly imo) makes sure your tea doesn't cool too much after steeping.
    ^Also useful for your coffee/tea cup in the morning, so your delicious brewed liquid doesn't immediately start losing heat when you pour it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited

^^ This works exceptionally well with a good quality vacuum-insulated thermos. Tea I put in my Stanley stays hot as hell for at least 12 hours.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2013

My god, I've been doing it all wrong.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2013 edited

Today I want... surprisefries to make a skid video.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    gc:all salsas are water just pour off the stuff you don't want before eating
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2013

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2013

Check the cape flyer website every time, because they might decide to dick around at an outdoor concert in Hyannis for an hour instead of doing their job on time."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2013

killersim:+pancakes: add a tablespoon of seltzer water or sprite to the battle to make them extra light and fluffy!

Pro Tip, picture hanging: when hanging a framed picture, dot the back of the frame with toothpaste or vasoline on either side where the hanging wire is. Press the picture up against the wall where you want to hang it, when you pull the frame away you'll have two easily cleanable dots on the wall you can measure you're center point from to place the nail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013

hahahah "now here in america"

"now"...

bahhahaha.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    put a penny in yo' pantsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    You can stuff as many skateboards and U-locks into a carry-on as you want, as long as you don't bring any paperweights.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2014

^right after seeing this i was reading an article and saw this picture of kelly clancy and tyler, the creator getting off a plane carrying skateboards

• CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

Hey everyone, so I'm doing a really hard race this weekend where it might actually make a difference if I shaved my legs :| So I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do this, but first I need some help...

1) Products: should I go with a Bic right off the bat, or hit it an electric buzzer first? And which is better, soap or shaving cream? How about aftershave?
    2) Technique: with the grain, against the grain, or any which way?
    3) Timing: how many days before the race should I shave so that my body doesn't waste valuable energy trying to sprout brand new hair?

Also, how about shaving your nuts? Does that make you go faster?
    I have never shaved my legs but I think face-shaving knowledge would transfer somewhat- I would definitely buzz first, and shave with the grain first. Then decide if you need/want to go against the grain.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

I'd definitely be wary of against the grain first few times around. Like Evan said, I'm only a face shaver, but with the grain then across the grain is all my delicate face can take.
    If you've never shaved, I think your follicles would revolt in the event of a sudden shearing of all material.
    Shower first, and apply some witch hazel or aloe after to reduce irritation.
    • CommentAuthorben

I doubt your question is serious, but to answer it anyway:

I've shaved my legs.

Use a buzzer first. This is a must.

I just shave in the shower and don't need shaving cream, but I also shave my face in the shower and don't use shaving cream. That said, any cream or soap is going to help.

With or against the grain doesn't matter knees-down. On your thighs, I would definitely go with.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    But, you already crashed with unshaven legs. Preventing scab-tug is pretty much all that it's good for.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

It does make you feel fast, though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    And always shave the nuts, they get colder easier so moar aero broughnut.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorbaker

It actually provides a huge aero benefit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZnrE17Jg3II am the reason your son is crying.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

definitely buzzer first
    if you have sensitive and/or dry skin, definitely use a shaving lotion. trader joe's shaving lotion is the shit

so are you just going to shave up to the point where your shorts will cover? upper thigh/back of thigh shaving can get tricky b/c the hair is usually growing in multiple directions. idk how ambitious you are with the shaving. i'd say shave against the grain from mid-thigh down to ankle.

if you are really into having THE MOST smooth legs possible, exfoliate after you buzz but before you shave. if you don't have anything to exfoliate with, make one by combining a handful of either sugar or salt + a little coconut oil from your kitchen (or olive oil, or any oil, really)

i'd also say shave in the shower if you have a place to put your leg. if not, putting your leg up on the edge of the sink is fine. fill the sink up with water so you have a place to dunk your razor

if you want the smoothest legs and don't want to give your body time to develop razor burn, shave as close to the race as possibleMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also speaking of the pro tip thread, alex i busted out your frame-hanging tip with the toothpaste yesterday! it was awesome!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^easily the best game changer I've picked up when moving into new places.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

Legs super sore from going from 2+ weeks of lazy vacation to brutal 9 hour riding days? When you get home, lay on the couch and get your indecisive cat to walk all over your thighs. Feels great, until they lose interest and leave."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2015

Nandy:Legs super sore from going from 2+ weeks of lazy vacation to brutal 9 hour riding days? When you get home, lay on the couch and get your indecisive husband to massage your thighs. Feels great, until they lose interest and leave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2015

Pretty much, lol. But Kitty is the perfect weight for massaging and was the only one around."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2016

Pro tip: When you order some Loctite Form-A-Thread epoxy off of eBay and the label has no expiration date but does have a "copyright 1984" on there, then even though it comes out of the tubes fine and seems to mix just fine, it will NOT harden at all, even after three days of curing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    whats the ebay glue market like? I got to imagine the seller didn't think you were going to use that for anything but fine vintage huff.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    pro tip: don't accept the responsibility of taking care of a goldfish. i basically tried to do life-saving environment adjustments, and the little dude died when i was at the pet store trying to get a new tank to save it :(.