Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2013

Where do you want to travel to?

My brother told me about this place called the Dry Tortugas last night. A state park 70 miles off the coast of key west, you can only get there by boat. Seems baller! Definitely not the best vacation spot for bike riding but look at that water!

http://www.drytortugasinfo.com/?gclid=CJ-X1O_F5LUCFQbqnAodokUAlA

Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I wanna visit the Harpoon Beer Halli mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Places I've been:

Stockholm
    London
    Wales
    Brazil (Sao Paulo & Rio)
    Brockton/The Brockton Fair (It's another world)

Places I want to go, in order of priority:

(1) Munich and Saarbrucken, Germany (to see the grave sites of White Rose Kids, and the various places they hung out)
    (2) Volograd, Russia (formerly Stalingrad. Want to see city that was the cite of one of the worst battles in human history)
    (3) The Grand Canyon

After those there, everything else would be icing on the cake.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

i bookmarked this map that ben put together last yearsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Personally for Jordanian sites I thought Jerash was cooler than Petra, but Petra is pretty cool looking for sure.

Obviously now isn't the time to go but Syria looked really cool to me. I'd like to go to Alaska... and I've never been to Central or South America.
    Munich

für dich, Seditioni mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Last summer I got really Bilbao, Spain, after one of the chefs on the Vuelta posted a picture of the flower dog there, and now my mom and I have tickets and an apartment booked for next summer... pretty pumped.

also got this place with 43 columns in 43 styles... it just is a cool looking city. =DThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    ^^ heh. You've been?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yeah I did a semester abroad in Bavaria.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorcarmel

chr|s sedition:
    (1) Munich and Saarbrucken, Germany (to see the grave sites of White Rose Kids, and the various places they hung out)

Saarbrücken is possibly the most boring (and sort of depressing) place I've been to in Germany. My sister currently lives there and I spent a couple weeks there with her this past May. It's a really boring city with no culture, and nothing to do. The only good thing about Saarbrücken is the fact that you're on the border with France, and there's good MTB in the area. Munich on the other hand, is awesome. Lived there for 4 years.
    Good to know, Carmel. I was looking at an internship there. Have you ever been to Ludwigshafen [am Rhein]? I'd be curious how Saarbrücken compares to THAT on the boring/depressing scale.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^^ Saarbrucken. Yeah, I just want to see like 2 or 3 buildings there, and that's it...but they are IMPORTANT buildings! :)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Oh, this.

http://shop.deheap.com/product.sc?productId=28&categoryId=31
    (White Rose travel guide...inc the path routes they went the nights they did all the anti-hitler graffitti. I can't even begin to imagine the chills I'd get walking in those footsteps)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

So I have some time coming up next week to do some traveling. Originally from SF, and on my last year of University, I'd like to see some rad east coast stuff while I've got the unrestricted week. I'm gunna jump in a car with some pals and some skis and cruise around for a week.

Can I get some suggestions for super duper awesome things to do in VT/NH/Maine/MA on a sorta road trip/epic adventure?
    I really love vermont, I went to undergrad there. I would say to go to Burlington. You can ski or whatever up there and then go to the Cold Hollow Cider mill for fresh, hot cider donuts and some of the best cider you will ever have in your life. The Lake Champlain Chocolates and Cabot stores are next door and they have lots of free samples. The Ben and Jerrys factory is near there too.

I also really like the white mountains. Check out http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/whitemountains/highland/ The Highland Center. Real cheap if you stay in the bunk house. Its close to Mt Washington and Bretton woods, you can xc ski out the back door and there are a bunch of trails right out the back door as well. One of the awesome parts about staying there is you have use of the LL Bean gear room while you stay, so if you forget or don't have any piece of winter clothing or equipment, it's all there. Also, also, they have activities and hikes every day that are free! It's one of my fave places to go in the winter. And dinner and breakfast are delicious.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2013

^That place saved my ass once when I was hypothermic, riding the Kanc in late autumn and not adequately layered. The worst part was leaving to finish the ride.

Speaking of the Kanc, it's been way too long since I've ridden it. Anybody want to hit that shit?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    dora:Where do you want to travel to?

My brother told me about this place called the Dry Tortugas last night. A state park 70 miles off the coast of key west, you can only get there by boat. Seems baller! Definitely not the best vacation spot for bike riding but look at that water!

http://www.drytortugasinfo.com/?gclid=CJ-X1O_F5LUCFQbqnAodokUAlA

It rules. Go camping there. Bring lots of water with ya. Also the diving is pretty rad since it's a nature preserve.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorben

Every day I want to see Alaska a little bit more.

Right now I'm saving to travel central and/or south america in late 2014. Hoping for 6+months on the road, but haven't even begun considering where exactly to see.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

hook it up with the pictures, folks!

^^good to know, epic. that rules that you've been there!Must be awful, being so fluffy.

I wanna visit Charlemagne's throne in Aachen. There are surprisingly few epic pictures of it on the googles.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy