Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2013 edited

Bike swap! Fun times! Bake sale!

Marty's letting us overrun his space at HQ Boston again. You should come hang out.

General Admission is $2. 6'x6' vendor spaces are $25 in advance and $35 day-of. Sign up for a vendor space in advance on BikeReg.com here. You can sign up for multiple spaces if you have a lot to unload or get one and split with friends. Tables, chairs, displays etc are NOT provided, vendor load-in and set-up starts at 3pm.

In conclusion - CUPCAKES.

More info here!

Headquaters Boston - Located on the 2nd floor
    12 Channel St
    Boston, Ma 02210
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2013

How was the turnout at the last one?
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

lots at last one
    things were going quick.

a fair few of the sellers were late arriving; which was annoying, just meant a bit of waiting around from early if you want to snare bargains.
    Good turnout last time. Will be there again. Anyone wanna get in on some space with me and Alexi?

We'll be there on time/early, and will likely have beverages for our dear customers again!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

The turnout was good last time, we had over 20 vendors and a steady crowd throughout the night. I'm expecting the same, perhaps more vendors this time. The last one coincided with Interbike or some other industry event so a lot of reps couldn't go but will be there this time around. This means sweet, cheap deals on last season's sample items. Also, epic bake sale as usual. We sold out of everything at the last event and there were hundreds of vegan-friendly cupcakes, cookies, and whoopie pies.
    EPIC! Stratton:Good turnout last time. Will be there again. Anyone wanna get in on some space with me and Alexi?

We'll be there on time/early, and will likely have beverages for our dear customers again!

No Sharing! I want you all to myself Epic!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    too late, im with ya nowsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013

Will BNB / TCS / roll it forward be there? Last time TCS I think was happy to accept a bunch of crap ass bars, pedals, old tubes, tires, cassettes, and chains and shit.I am the reason your son is crying.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013 edited

TCS! / HELL will be there.

Roll it forwards is based out of the same location as where the swap is happening.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013

baker:TCS I think was happy to accept a bunch of crap ass bars, pedals, old tubes, tires, cassettes, and chains and shit.

hahahaha
    that doesn't sound like us at all! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2013 edited

most of it was totally usable, but definitely not all! they seemed happy to take it, and i was really happy to get rid of all of it, so thank you. and i've got more bars, tires, tubes, cassettes and an aluminum 700c fork for ya this time if you want em ;)I am the reason your son is crying.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2013

i'm not totally sure what our donations policy is right now
    for the winter while we were closed we weren't accepting donations buttt if you bring it we won't say no i guess! ;)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013

DID SOMEONE SAY VEGAN WHOOPIE PIES?!!???!!??????!?!?!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2013 edited

It's implied!
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013 edited

special super secret sneak peak of items from the community spoke / hell:

-53tt fixed gear frame/fork/seatpost
    -68cm (not a typo) double tt frame
    -chrome robinson bmx frame/fork
    -full suspension kona kikapu frame, 19"
    -many drop bars of all flavours & colourways
    -rims including campy & deep v
    -sakae tall cool ones (in sufficient quantity for you and all of your bros to roll deep)
    -plenty of siqq njs parts (crankset, wheel)
    -phil hubbed front wheel

$4 700x23c tubes.

all priced to move. like really priced to move.

100% of proceeds benefit the community spoke!

edit: track frames for days alsogone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013 edited

Bike Swap this Friday! Don't forget to register if you'd like a vendor space - register here

Facebook event page here

Also, there will be a vegan-friendly bake sale and raffle as well!

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013

^man, that poster...
    anyone wanna give me and 2 bikes a ride? Ill supply moxie!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2013

gc:special super secret sneak peak of items from the community spoke / hell:

-sakae tall cool ones (in sufficient quantity for you and all of your bros to roll deep)
    -phil hubbed front wheel

$4 700x23c tubes.

edit: track frames for days also

come for the 68cm frame, stay for the whoopie pies!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2013 edited

The Swap is this Friday!

My fridge is full of all kinds of delicious icings, waiting to go on freshly baked delicious cupcakes and whoopie pies!

Raffle prizes are coming in!

Miss Kat Daley is our DJ for the evening!

Vendor pre-registration ends tomorrow at 8pm. If you'd like a spot, sign up in advance here

Hope to see you there!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013

DID SOMEONE SAY VEGAN WHOOPIE PIES??!!???!!!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    gc:special super secret sneak peak of items from the community spoke / hell:

-phil hubbed front wheel
    -Spinergy Spox rear wheel with one pink Spoxy Doke and Spox wrench. Crabon hub, BRO.

$4 700x23c tubes.

edit: track frames for days also
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited

What I made for the bake sale:
    Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Brown Sugar Buttercream
    Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Vanilla Buttercream
    Vanilla Whoopie Pies with Green Tea Glaze
    Vanilla Whoopie Pies with Vanilla Buttercream
    Rosewater Pistachio Cupcakes with Rosewater Buttercream
    Green Tea Cupcakes with Green Tea Glaze
    Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Chocolate Crumble
    Tiramisu Cupcakes
    Mucho Margarita Cupcakes with Margarita Icing

All vegan. All delicious. All the time.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Yeah. I staged a coup of the upstairs apartment's oven last night so that I could be baking 48 cupcakes at a time.
    • CommentAuthorben

Guess I know what I'm buying at the swap meet tomorrow.

Diabetes.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2013 edited

ratattack:Yeah. I staged a coup of the upstairs apartment's oven last night so that I could be baking 48 cupcakes at a time.

Lauren, My wife has a cupcake carrier that you can borrow if you want. I can bring it to work tomorrow. it looks like this:

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Thanks Chris, but I've managed to horde away enough long, thin boxes at work that I'm all set! I made two dozen of each flavor of whoopie pie and cupcake so I exceeded the carrying capacity of my usual cupcake carriers long ago. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

ratattack:Thanks Chris, but I've managed to horde away enough long, thin boxes at work that I'm all set! I made two dozen of each flavor of whoopie pie and cupcake so I exceeded the carrying capacity of my usual cupcake carriers long ago. :)

i can't wait to eat them all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013

ratattack:
    Rosewater Pistachio Cupcakes with Rosewater Buttercream

:::head explodes:::::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2013

Bummed to be missing this.
    Mostly for laurens bakinge-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Wait, tell me about vegan buttercream. Possibly in the vegan thread so no hijack.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2013

who ever made those brownies for last night hats off to you, those things were outta control.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2013

Marianna, you just use margarine instead of butter. I use the Earth Balance "Vegan Buttery Sticks".

Mike & Caitlin made the Salted Fudge Brownies and Chocolate-covered Bacon. Julia from Stampede! came a bit later and was nice enough to donate the muffins, blueberry oat bars and more brownies to the bake sale.

Thanks to everyone who came out! We had a really great time & felt that the event was really successful, all the vendors and attendees that I talked to afterwards seemed happy. If you've got any feedback for me, feel free to whisper me with it. Hopefully next time we can get music going sooner, we had an issue with missing speaker cables followed by difficulty in finding a working electrical outlet.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2013 edited

I think i ate 2 cupcakes and a whoopie pie and i forgot to buy a raffle ticket, but The Community Spoke raised a bunch of money and we had so much fun! :D thank you lauren! it was great to see a bunch of folks who I hadn't seen in a whileMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013

I was wondering if this was going down in the Fall, and B2C2 happened to post it today: http://www.backbaycyclingclub.com/2013/08/2013-b2c2-fall-bike-swap-and-gear-sale.html
    September 5th.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    Fuck yeasomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2013

ratattack:Bike swap! Fun times! Bake sale!

Marty's letting us overrun his space at HQ Boston again. You should come hang out.

General Admission is $2. 6'x6' vendor spaces are $25 in advance and $35 day-of. Sign up for a vendor space in advance on BikeReg.com here. You can sign up for multiple spaces if you have a lot to unload or get one and split with friends. Tables, chairs, displays etc are NOT provided, vendor load-in and set-up starts at 3pm.

More info here!

Headquaters Boston - Located on the 2nd floor
    12 Channel St
    Boston, Ma 02210

Yes! Updated with current info!
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2013

Does anyone want to split a table? I can bring a table and transport (prefer south of the Charles).A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013

Hey, this is happening really soon! Sign up here for a vendor spot.

Also, we've got a lot of great sponsors lined up for the raffle - Cuppow, Boloco, Mavic, Grimpeur Bros. Coffee, Rapha, Team Awesome, Castelli Cycling, Pavement Coffeehouse, Crossresults.com, and more!
    Who is driving from Cambridge/somerville that wouldn't mind helping transport a frame And some wheels and suchTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2013

My kitchen is completely overwhelmed with baked goods. That must mean the swap is tonight! Come hang out from 6-10pm. See you there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013

I cant be there till 9 save me some baked goods!
    is there a schedule for the night? I don't want to miss raffles and stuff but i also want to go to the RAWR event in cambridge.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Is this a beer-friendly event?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^^yes!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I think we usually start the raffle around 8, maybe later."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2013 edited

ratattack:

The carrot cake cupcake was fantastic
    ^yepsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.