Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I know some of you garden and I thought it would be cool if we had a place where we could share plants/seeds/growing advice etc...

I'll get things started with a standing offer of an alpine strawberry plant to anyone interested. Alpine strawberries are smaller and much more intensely flavored than the commercially grown varieties. I have a small patch I started over the last year or two that I can propagate from.

Also, if you are looking for a *small* amount of seed, I have the following I can share:
    Arugula -- roquette
    Basil -- some smaller leafed burpee variety
    Beets -- blend of detroit dark red, chioggia and golden
    Carrots -- napoli
    Chard -- rainbow
    Chervil
    Chicory
    Chives -- staro, garlic
    Cilantro
    Claytonia
    Cress
    Endive -- clodia
    Kale -- red winter, nero toscana, dwarf blue curled, winterbor
    Lettuce -- mesclun mix, buttercrunch
    Mache
    Mizuna
    Onions -- evergreen bunching
    Oregano
    Pac Choi -- win-win
    Parsley -- forest green
    Sorrel
    Spinach -- space, lavewa, bordeaux, monstrueux
    Thyme -- german winter

Anybody have black- or raspberry brambles that would be willing to root some cuttings?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    I am thinking of ordering some lupine & wildflower seeds to guerrilla garden with in the Comm Ave median. Anyone got tipses?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I have some mint seeds. Would trade for onions or mizuna!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013

cool!

i have had a garden for the past few years but have 0 knowledge. What are some good resources for (urban) gardening advice?

i have containers and potting soil and organic fertilizer i can share! yay spring!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Anyone have any spider plants I could have?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2013

EPIC! Stratton:Anyone have any spider plants I could have?

I do. My spider plants are robust and you can certainly have one of the buds."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2013

of interest, perhaps?

GET GROWING FEST!

Saturday, April 6

10 am – 2 pm

Want to grow your own fresh food? Even in a tiny space? Come learn how!

Get tips on composting, improving your soil, and container gardens. And more.

Meet a chicken. Watch the bees. Fall in love with mushrooms. Swap seeds.

No space of your own? You can work with neighbors: harvest local fruit and veg, spruce up city spaces, share a garden space. Learn foraging! Come find out how! And LOTS more!

Saturday April 6 10 to 2

Cambridge Community Center

5 Callender Street, 02139

www.CambridgeWinterFarmersMarket.com
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^this rules! Thank you for sharing! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

I met the chickens last weekend at the Somerville Winter Market!

I thought that if I led with asking my landlord about chickens and he didn't like the idea, he might be more willing to talk bees. He shot both ideas down. It was very disappointing.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

^ Maybe tenants that want chickens and bees would be enough to win my wife over to the ideas. If my tenants ever move out, you are the first call/message I'm going to make.We are the small axe.
    6kidz:
    EPIC! Stratton:Anyone have any spider plants I could have?

I do. My spider plants are robust and you can certainly have one of the buds.

RAD! When/Where can I get it!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

YAY chickens! I did just get landlord approval for window boxes for the front porch. & I got a hydrangea for the backyard. Unfortunately, a gas meter got installed in the only consistently sunny spot of the yard where I was planning to grow some veggies.

Jitensha, I would love an alpine strawberry! Would it be okay in a container?
    sorry for the late pass...havent checked the boards in a while.

you can absolutely have a strawberry plant lauren. this particular variety does send out some runners but fewer than other varieties and is generally suitable for containers. i'll transplant it out of the patch today. just let me know when you can swing by!

i could use some mint if you still want some mizuna eric.

to add to the list:
    dwarf white clover + inoculant -- for use as living mulch/green manure
    tomatoes!! -- cherokee green (det.), great white (det.), japanese black trifele (det.), new girl (early det.), pink grape (ind.)

looking for peppers!bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    so, this is where i come to trade my genetically superior sativa strains, correct?
    I'll trade you some lettuce for them.

Anyone want several (as many as 10 or 12 I think) lettuce seedlings? MF bought too many. I can check the tags tonight to see exactly what type of lettuce they are.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^Yes! I could trade some other seedlings if you want. I have some tatsoi and another asian green (I'll have to check) I planted from seed and need to thin out. I also have mustard greens, but I hear they don't tolerate being transplanted. You could try if you'd like thoughI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.