Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2013 edited

There isn't a lot of info yet but the area is in lockdown. I would absolutely avoid the area. Be safe guys.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013-boston-marathon-finish-line/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130415/us-boston-marathon-explosions-/

https://twitter.com/Boston_to_a_T/status/323871088532668416/photo/1

There are some pretty graphic pictures out there too so be careful when searching for pics if that's not something you'd want to see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2013

Also "Due to police activity in the Back Bay area, Green Line service is terminating service between Kenmore and Park Street Stations. Orange and Red Line service will bypass Downtown Crossing Station: http://bit.ly/hw7SID"
    Friend on Boston Police: They are finding more devises so if u have friends in the city tell them to leave immediately.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Third explosion occurred 30 minutes ago at JFK library. Fuck.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Everyone stay safe. Get out of public areas.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    pocky:Third explosion occurred 30 minutes ago at JFK library. Fuck.

Seems likely it was an electrical fire... occurred in mechanical room (from library's twitter feed).
    I have to work tonight. Back Bay. Heard the bridges over river are closed. Anyone confirm? Trying to figure out how far up-river I'm going to have to ride to cross over.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

chr|s sedition:I have to work tonight. Back Bay. Heard the bridges over river are closed. Anyone confirm? Trying to figure out how far up-river I'm going to have to ride to cross over.

mbta is resuming service, i imagine the bridges are open. the only thing i found that is closed (and will be closed for a while) is copley square.
    TV says Mass Ave closed, Twitter says Tobin closedi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthormiguel

good vibes from the west coast
    hope all you guys are safe
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

When I was there the only way to get around the area was Tremont st, everything through Arlington was blocked."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Friend in surgery right now. Got shrapnel in his leg. Just found out.

Mass Ave bridge was open to bikes/peds.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Good thoughts to your friend, my friend. Everything else I want to say seems shallow. Love.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

BPD posted a map of the area around copley square that's closed. They are saying it'll likely be closed for 24 hours.

Co-worker's dad is a Boston cop. He was in immediate area, and was a first responder. Saw a women with both arms blown off, and a small child with no legs.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    gee i'm so glad i know thati mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    The child is most likely the one who died. I can't even begin to fathom that.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    The stories coming out the triage tent (which basically got turned into a battlefield field hospital) in Copley are just unreal...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013 edited

.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez

I've never heard a specific weight but I thought the bombs were supposed to be pretty heavy? That bag doesn't look all that heavy (on the otherhand he appears to be a big guy, it's possible it just isn't that heavy for someone his size).
    If they were in fact pressure cookers full of gunpowder and nails and shit, yeah they'd be pretty heavy. He is using his other arm to help support the weight though.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Also, they aren't just using the guy with the blue jacket on for reference, complex.com shows photos that imply 4chan was speculating about the gun with the white baseball hat on, next to the blue jacket guy in some of the later photos, and particularly speculating about whether he put his backpack down.

Obviously they could be right about one but not the other, or neither, or both.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

Also, sunglasses, no sunglasses.

Suspicious!

Who knows? Maybe he put it down and was standing next to it because it was heavy, but without a bomb?

---

Based on the earlier photograph using blue jacket guy as a reference point, isn't he a little close to potential bomber #1?

---

Also, lots of people with backpacks, and duffle bags. Woman at bottom of circle also has a black backpack.

---

Interesting though.

Do they know what time the photos were taken?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

On GBH radio theyre saying they'll be IDing a suspect this afternoon. Based on those images.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

wild. hope they find the right people.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2013

I really hope it's an angry white guy rather than an ethnic/social/whatever minority. My life will basically be unchanged if it's the former. Other people's lives will get worse if it's the latter.

This really sucks.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

agreedsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    even if he's an american citizen (even if he's 100% white) i bet people will still be like "BUT HE VISITED (insert middle eastern country) ONCE."'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    from CBS news:
    CNN Correspondent John King, a Boston native, said authorities have a clear video image of a “dark-skinned male” placing a bag at the second bomb site outside of the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street and then leaving the area before that explosion.

brace yourself for the racial slurs.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

dammit.
    betting it's white hat guy or blue jacket guy.
    wish it were creepy, white, foreveralone-looking neckbeard guy.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

Lots of conflicting reports about if there actually is someone in custody.
    Part of me wonders if the BPD says there's no suspect to prevent any vigilante attack a la Jack Ruby, but anticipation breeds our worst fears. Keep an eye on the 'tube for any press conferences.
    i think the FBI is holding one at 5 tonight'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorObo

No Arrest. No suspect either. Bomb scare at federal courthouse in southie. Bomb scare at Brigham & Women. 5pm briefing being postponed.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    seanile mick:...creepy, white, foreveralone-looking neckbeard guy.

Uhm...that's like 1/2 of Boston Fixed.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

I can't find anywhere that BPD says there is no suspect explicitly. They are saying no arrest, but that does not mean there is no one in custody, en route to questioning or suspected, am I right? Not being combative, just trying to figure out the linguistics all all these haphazard updates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

from the fbi:

"Contrary to widespread reporting, no arrest has been made in connection with the Boston Marathon attack," the FBI said in a released statement. "Over the past day and a half, there have been a number of press reports based on information from unofficial sources that has been inaccurate. Since these stories often have unintended consequences, we ask the media, particularly at this early stage of the investigation, to exercise caution and attempt to verify information through appropriate official channels before reporting."
    link

i'm sure tyler is right in that there are suspects, but the arrest is the thing that matters i guess.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Right, it could mean they're interviewing persons of interest, but haven't taken anyone into custody/made any arrests.
    • CommentAuthorgc

let's hope the bomber is a white american: http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets_hope_the_boston_marathon_bomber_is_a_white_american/

boston explosion a government conspiracy? : http://www.salon.com/2013/04/15/alex_jones_labels_boston_explosion_a_false_flag/gone
    Alex Jones also says Family Guy predicted this.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013 edited

I saw that one on the Snopes page dedicated to Marathon Bombing hoaxes.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013

Alex Jones needs to go into a very deep dark holeI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013 edited

Apparently it isn't white hat guy.

Eta: Freudian Slop.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

cool, thanks for postinsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I still think it was the two guys from the 4chan post."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013

Turn on the newssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Been watching it since the MIT killing...I have no words for what has been going on tonight...

bombs
    dead people
    robots
    SWAT teams in people's back yard
    sustained gun fire
    an explosion shown on the news that the newscasters didn't even comment on...

It's unreal...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    The movie of the last week in Boston is going to be insane...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.