Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013 edited

chr|s sedition:
    katdaley:It's gettin' to be that time of year again folks! I'm posting this up early so we can have as many people as possible attend! August 14th is the date. It's a really fun time to meet with old friends and new. Prepare to bring and share nomz, make inappropriate jokes and enjoy the lovely weather at Castle Island.

And as required, here is that photo of Eric from the first one:

That was one of the kick-off posts for the 3rd annual. It is indeed "about that time" again. Is it time for the 4th Annual???
    And that was from the 4th.

So it seems like people want it to happen.

June 16th, 2pm – ????

sound good?

Location???:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.336116,-71.011618&num=1&t=h&z=18
    EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    my god, zev, calm down. You've been back for like 5 hours'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    He's both a relatively-Ole G and a neo-n00b, making him uniquely positioned to organize this.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013

Plus Castle Island is a Free Zone, so you can murder him there if you want to.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

killersim:my god, zev, calm down. You've been back for like 5 hours
    Whatevs

Thanks Evan. I'm excited to see a bunch of ole g's again. And help the newbies make cycling friends in Boston. Generally it's a pretty fun time in the past.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    June 1.

Discuss.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

i'm out of town then.
    i missed the last one too.
    so that's a bummer.

but shit happens.
    May: I'd think the next few weekends (in May) is too soon for a critical mass (no pun intended). 3rd week in May is Memorial Day, and I suggest it NOT be that weekend. That pushes us into June.

June: I suggest June 1 just, well, because. Any weekend in June works, more or less.

July: Too far out, IMHO.

As to day, I'd suggest a Sunday afternoon. 2pm til done. Should try to get the Wednesday Social Ride crew in on this, too.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben

chr|s sedition:May: I'd think the next few weekends (in May) is too soon for a critical mass (no pun intended). 3rd week in May is Memorial Day, and I suggest it NOT be that weekend. That pushes us into June.

June: I suggest June 1 just, well, because. Any weekend in June works, more or less.

July: Too far out, IMHO.

As to day, I'd suggest a Sunday afternoon. 2pm til done. Should try to get the Wednesday Social Ride crew in on this, too.
    Agreed on all points.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

The math seems flawless to me. And I'm available then, so that's a plus.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Can we do this on a sunday? I can do sundays and I can't do other days.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

It's currently Scheduled for June 2nd. 2pm til questionmarks.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

June 2nd sucks for me, but you know, sheeeyit happens.unstuck in time
    ZEV DON'T MAKE ME SHOW UP AND OUT DRINK YOUNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

ROLLERS! SHOT[S/GUNS]! YES?! btw newbies... <<<this doesnt actually happen... i hope... EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    zevvy's gonna bring boozey whipped cream again
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

clockwork ted:zevvy's gonna bring boozey whipped cream again

Does that even work? I'd imagine it'd basically turn into liquid heavy cream with whiskey or what have you in it, ghetto Bailey's Irish Cream or something.unstuck in time
    google alcoholic whipped creamsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    June 2 at 2. That's a do.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

seanile mick:google alcoholic whipped cream

So, basically it doesn't work, at least if you want to make it at home (which I was assuming here) with anything more than a tablespoon or so or liquor; the resulting emulsion isn't stable enough (which is what I was getting at). You can have it from a pressurized can apparently, which is stabilized by all that "food science" shit.

Thanks for the advice though, prolly couldn't have figured that out if you hadn't told me to google it.unstuck in time
    chr|s sedition:June 2 at 2. That's a do.

622mm is a 700c, should be easy to rememberi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

1 more vote for June 2."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

clockwork ted:zevvy's gonna bring boozey whipped cream again
    Not gonna lie. I might have that can over my fridge. For fucks sake is it that old? I need to throw it out....

I describe it like this: Imagine really good whipped cream, nearly high quality. And imagine that infused with smirnoff.... That's what it tastes like. It works. It's non-dairy, so it doesnt need to be refrigerated (which is scary). It is a pressurized can. You can also make your own pressurized whipped cream if you have fancy cans.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

June 2nd is BNB's Bikeathon! What about June 1st, or the following Sunday?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'd ALMOST be down with boozy whipped cream if the booze in question was Kahula.

Almost.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013

butt chug alcoholic whipped cream...?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Can't make it. Wedding in NC. My streak of 4 consecutive non-attends is secure.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    FFS can we just do a goddamn sunday so i can finally come to one of theseNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Criaggles.... go look at what day of the week June 2nd is.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthorben

west.:
    You can have it from a pressurized can apparently, which is stabilized by all that "food science" shit.
    I think the word you're looking for is "chemicals."I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013 edited

ben:
    west.:
    You can have it from a pressurized can apparently, which is stabilized by all that "food science" shit.
    I think the word you're looking for is "chemicals."

Well, 'chemicals' is a bit of a misnomer (as in water, ethanol, salt, etc are all 'chemicals') so no, not really.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

We're still doing this June 2nd, yes?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

Rachel:June 2nd is BNB's Bikeathon! What about June 1st, or the following Sunday?

yeah! :/
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

sunday 9th!
    I wish BFG had an easy way to creat polls.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

• CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2013 edited

WAIT, IS THAT DIFFERENT TIMES SAME DAY?

N/M IT'S THE SAMPLE ONE...BUT IT SAYS CHRIS SO I THOUGHT IT WAS A BF ONE.
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues

n00b vote: June 1st or 2nd
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarais
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013

issues:n00b vote: June 1st or 2nd

Let's split the difference... June 3rd.
    June second, the bikeathon will be over well before we're done.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    If Craig hasn't met you and you aren't new, you probably shouldn't bother existing.

Er, oh crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2013

This is the link to choose which day works best for everyone over the first 3 weekends in june. Go forth and vote.

Yay democracy! ::sigh::EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2013 edited

bump. use the link above to choose dates you're available. And share with other people you want to come.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Zev, it's stickied, no need to bump.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2013

I turned it orange again to remind people to check it :) CLICK THE LINK!EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

If they haven't checked the thread, it's not going to get more orange for them just because you moved it to the top of the stickies.
    If they have checked the thread and not filled out your survey, it's safe to assume they're not going to click it just because you insist they do.
    How's your other bike forum going?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

Totally random, but after looking at google maps near the castle park...I found these two very large squares submerged underwater just to the right at coordinates : 42.331297,-71.006619 . Dunnno what it is

point is maps are awesome. Anyone in here have experience with cartography?
    there's a couple over to the east, just north of fort revere too. then two in hull bay. and one by webb memorial state park.
    so i think it's something to do with how the satellite images are spliced together.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthor•••
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013

Yeah it looks like a splicing artifact to me.

(I am part of the coverup.)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D