Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

(This didn't seem to fit any other thread (that I could remember worth reviving), so I'm starting a new on for general info/announcements.)

Heads-up to Even, Paulo, and anyone else who lives around Somerville/Cambridge boarder: an associate on the Somerville police department reports that there has been a recent rash of break-ins to "dark, unlighted" houses between the hours of 6pm-10pm. Personal property, including bicycles, have been stolen. Leave some lights on, was his advice.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013 edited

Great thread idea, ive been in need of this many a time.

Also, major bummer.
    thanks.xue - Marianna can you make a Chrome extension that replaces every instance of the word
    So, ladies of Bostonfixed that I've slept with (all of you)... please get yourselves checked. /end announcement.
    Ugh, fuckin bummer. Thanks for the heads-up.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2013

it's going to be warm and sunny today.
    Baron Fagrot:So, ladies of Bostonfixed that I've slept with (all of you)... please get yourselves checked. /end announcement.

Ella said you looked skinny, I said it was casue of AIDS, I guess I was rightTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013

surprisefries:Ugh, fuckin bummer. Thanks for the heads-up.
    I hope you didn't catch anything too nasty from BF.We are the small axe.
    ^ HAHAHAHAHHAAHH!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Dammit, I was hoping everyone would assume my response was to Chris.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D

/end announcement
    #didyouknow that the losing team's t-shirts have already been made and are sent to 3rd world countries as donations?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^ Should send them to the US South. See my post in TIH thread.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I thought this bump was going to be a reminder to votei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^Yeah, please make the fliers and commercials stop.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013

Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    lol black people, why you so good at makin' me laff?

^even tho that character was written by a man as pale as a kkk hood.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

fister

don't evenMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Dora, post those Al Jolson videos you were showing me earlier.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    HALLELUIAH I'M A BUMDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I think most of you are on the other side of the river, but this is still worth reading:
    http://www.boston.com/blogs/news/opinion/bostoncomment/2013/06/meet_the_mayoral_candidates_making_cycling_safer.html

I'm glad to see the questions get askede-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013

joeyfresh:Dora, post those Al Jolson videos you were showing me earlier.

i don't get itMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2013

I was implying that you are racist.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I was perusing Black Star News on Blackbird, the browser for black people, when I came across this article about Al Jolson wearing blackface while performing. Being one of the most famous singers of his time, he used his fame to introduce white theater audiences to styles of music such as jazz and hip hop in an era when black people were not even allowed on a stage.

The audiences knew it was only makeup and understood that this was the only way they could see an act of a pseudo-black performance.
    -source: wikianswers
    That seems like an odd take on Jolson's blackface performances... what's next, Pat Boone was just trying to bridge the gap to wider acceptance of Little Richard?
    Random announcement, 7/25/2013, 3:12pm: I haven't cleaned my nails in a really long time.
    Random announcement, 7/25/2013, 3:15pm: I haven't peed in a toilet since July 4th.
    random announcement: why havnt you proposed to me in like a year? I miss your internet harassment.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I follow you on Instagram. It's basically like we're dating and you're keeping me up to date. By the way, not to be mean or anything but I think you're texting me too much; I feel smothered.
    WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    WHOS THIS OTHER GIRL?!?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Monday's a new day. Marry me?
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Don't get excited. It's ONLY a Zales promise ring.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013

It's a gift certificate to Fat Ram's to get a ring tattoo.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    would.
    announcement relevant to Alexi: Legoland coming to Somerville
    WHATDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    more like relevant to everyone who likes funDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:more like relevant to everyone

ftfy

also awesome.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013

whos actually been to the holy lego land in san deigo?

prove it with your lego drivers license
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I've been to the legoland in Copenhagen, sad I didn't get this drivers license."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

WARNING: Cross post...

chr|s sedition:For several years there was an apt on Comm Ave., somewhere between Mass Ave. and Exeter St., that had this insane POSTER of a cat w/American flag hanging in the bay window. I tired to tag it for Brag N Tag once, but couldn't find it. Last week I walked the entire section of Comm Ave between Mass and Arlington trying to locate it. It appears as if the poster is now gone. Crushing. The first time I saw it I almost had an aneurysm I was laughing so hard. Not typical window dressing for anywhere, let alone THAT section of Comm Ave. It looked almost exactly like this. New BFG spoke card?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    tinyhonkshus:would spoke
    surprisefries:
    tinyhonkshus:would spoke
    joeyfresh:
    surprisefries:
    tinyhonkshus:wood spoke

NOW YOU CAN!!!

I'm afraid the limited edition Comic Sans spoke cards (not pictured) went fast at tonight's ride, but I do still have some in Liberation Sans (shown above).

:)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2013

For those of you that somehow haven't heard / didn't make it to the launch party last night, Brooklyn Boulders Somerville, Boston's newest rock climbing gym, is now open.

Admission is free today through Saturday, and since day passes are normally $22 this is a good opportunity for those of you interested in climbing to check it out without a big cost.

Everyone I've brought has been super pumped on the space, and I like it so much I work there now. There's a big crossover between the cycling and the climbing communities, and a lot of similarities in the two sports.

Lots of info about the events all three days on the facebook page.
    40,000sq ft, a fireplace, saunas, two work out rooms (one climbing specific), yoga/fitness room, insane bouldering walls, pop-up shops -- this is not your average gym.

And if you come on Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon you can harass me while I work.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Nobody ever has the same job they had last time I saw themi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

rode by this a few weeks ago and was blown away by the scope of the place.
    • CommentAuthorben

tinyhonkshus:Nobody ever has the same job they had last time I saw them
    I still have my real job. BKBS is part time because I would be there every day anyway, so I might as well get paid for it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    it even has motorcycles with sidecars and sometimes if you ride by at night you can see people smoking cigarettes inside
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

BLITZ: WANT
    What do I have to do?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ben:

un.fucking.real.

See you Saturday.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

Anyone else an avid rock climber? i'd be super keen to scope this place out. Just need someone who can belay!.