Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hell yeah. That's what I'm talking about.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014 edited

For anyone who doesn't know yet:

My lab at BU got poached by the University of Oregon and I'm moving to Eugene in July. Let's hang out and you can buy my stuff and we can ride bikes and do boston things before I go.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Maybe I will come say HI when I am in Bend in August!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    paul jameson:For anyone who doesn't know yet:

My lab at BU got poached by the University of Oregon and I'm moving to Eugene in July. Let's hang out and you can buy my stuff and we can ride bikes and do boston things before I go.

how does that even happen? Oregon is pretty cool at least...'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014

Congrats, we'll miss ya buddy"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014

Whoa, crazy Paul.

Oregon is pretty rad. You'll love it out here. And we can shred mountain bikes together.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    killersim:how does that even happen?

The head of the lab gets a better offer from another university. Kinda like anyone getting a new job at a different company, except their whole lab moves with them if they can/want to.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:

The head of the lab gets a better offer from another university. Kinda like anyone getting a new job at a different company, except their whole lab moves with them if they can/want to.

Yup. UO's a better fit for our chemistry and they made the move quite attractive.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    paul jameson:
    surprisefries:

The head of the lab gets a better offer from another university. Kinda like anyone getting a new job at a different company, except their whole lab moves with them if they can/want to.

Yup. UO's a better fit for our chemistry and they made the move quite attractive.

thats great then! I would move almost anywhere on a companies dime. Thats exciting!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Hey guys,
    I just joined the Prouty which is an event to benefit the Friends Of Norris Cotton Cancer Center with my team Boloco/B2C2. There are many events throughout the day including a variety of bike rides, walking, rowing, golfing, ect. I am reaching out to gather donations on behalf of myself and my team. Some of you may know I myself have dealt with the emotional turmoil and physical strain of cancer. I am insanely lucky that I was diagnosed early and treated effectively. Though I luckily never had to go through some of the more serious treatments, it was still 6 years of my life full of stress, the unknown, financial hardship, and family strain. Places like Planned Parenthood and Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center helped tremendously, not only in research and care, but also in resources and support. I ask you to join me in participating in Prouty, or please consider a donation of any amount to help.

Boloco B2C2 team page

Thank you!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    The internet says Somerville cops are cutting all bike locks on Highland Ave to get ready for the parade tomorrow, as in, going on now.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Yeah there had been signs on the bikes for at least a few days though, seems like fair warning.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    https://twitter.com/theREAL_Jaffe/status/482923141711142913

Someone found a bike on the red linei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Fireworks Traffic Shitshow moved to THURSDAY. Hide yo wives, etc.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Storrow closing at NOON on Thursday.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014

more street closures
    http://bpdnews.com/news/2014/7/2/update-revised-city-of-boston-traffic-advisory-for-the-july-3rd-celebration
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

buddymike:more sweet closures
    http://bpdnews.com/news/2014/7/2/update-revised-city-of-boston-traffic-advisory-for-the-july-3rd-celebration

are they closing the Longfellow also? I guess it's only the one lane anyway."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Harvard Bridge[mass ave] and Longfellow close at 6pm

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/02/boston-pops-fireworks-spectacular-on-esplanade-moved-to-july-3-due-to-weather/
    Heads-up, on sale for $50, with free shipping. Great deal. Add the shit out of that to your cart.

http://www.chromeindustries.com/us/en/kursk-black/All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

sooooo my ulock is fuct and i can't unlock my all city. It's locked in front of bruegger's in Porter on the Upland road side :( i put a chain lock around the wheels but if you ride by there can you shoot a glance that way? i hate having to leave it there :/ wtf!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimi

How thick is the ulock? I have a massive set of bolt cutters at work.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    What's wrong with the lock? If you just can't get the key to turn and unlock, try spraying some lube or oil in it. And if it's really stubborn try some graphite powder. I've def had this problem before and thought my lock was shot only to have it work fine again.
    • CommentAuthorben

I used graphite powder when I had problems. If you haven't gotten it fixed by then, I can look to see if I still have some tonight and give it to Rock Dathe when he picks up the cages tomorrow.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

I used graphite powder when I was having issues with my lock, but I found using chain lube was much more effective.
    • CommentAuthorben

Chain lube might get it unstuck quicker in the immediate, but will make it much worse long-term because of all the crap it attracts (and holds on to). Graphite doesn't accumulate gunk.

That said, if the lock is already this bad, maybe your goal is just to get it open and then replace it, in which case it doesn't matter if you use chain lube.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo

dora:sooooo my ulock is fuct and i can't unlock my all city. It's locked in front of bruegger's in Porter on the Upland road side :( i put a chain lock around the wheels but if you ride by there can you shoot a glance that way? i hate having to leave it there :/ wtf!

I just passed by there, looks fine..
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

thanks for all of your help, y'all !! <3

it's a regular kryptonite mini lock. it got soaked when we got caught in the downpour after the fireworks and then i left for the weekend, and i guess it got super rusted then. stopped by Ace yesterday and they sprayed some TriFlow in there (sup alexi!). after 10 minutes of trying, i got it to unlock, threw it on my bike (definitely against my better judgement but i had an appointment!) and couldn't get it to unlock again after it was locked up for 45 min :(

i tried for over half an hour to unlock it, then called the locksmith across the street. they came by after they were closed to look at it for me (and were so nice and wouldn't accept any $ from me!). The dude said all of the little things are turning until they get 3/4 of the way around. He tried a few things and said it was weird it wasn't working. He said i could either try to order new keys from Kryptonite to see if it made a difference, or cut the lock. He said putting the graphite stuff in there wouldn't help b/c all of the things ARE rotating, but they stop when they get to a certain point, and didn't wanna put more lube or whatever cuz there was already a bunch in there.

Alex is on his s24o but imma wait to see if he can give it a try before cutting the lock, and i'm gunna swing by there on my way home today to see if the lube penetrated, but yesterday's downpour probably didn't help things :/

i think even if i do get it open i'm gunna buy a new lock. i've had it for like, 8 years, i got my $'s worth!

Also, the lock dude said that if i do cut it, to send it to Kryptonite cuz they like to do autopsies on failed locks to determine what happened to build better locks, which is pretty cool!

i'll get it out of there within the next few days, one way or another. I"ll let you know what winds up happening!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014 edited

That sounds like a similar issue to the one I was having with my 6 year old mini-u. The graphite and a new key worked for me (they'll send you your first set of replacements free), but the next time it acts up I'm getting a new one. 6-8 years is a pretty good lifespan to justify replacement I think.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    My lock is pretty fucked, too, and the key only turns about 3/4th of the way sometimes. It sometimes works, though. Like, y'know, before I put it on the bike. Then when I need to unlock it, it starts dicking me around. I will also be picking up a new lock. Maybe you and I could be lock buddies. I'll use my current broken kryptonite to lock your bike up, too. Y'know, for extra strength.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i think i have a spare key in my desk at home somewhere, now that i think about it. i had trouble last winter with it sticking and a new key and graphite did the job, but it was nothing like this.

ben: the next time it acts up I'm getting a new one. 6-8 years is a pretty good lifespan to justify replacement I think.

i totes agree with that!

Baron Fagrot:My lock is pretty fucked, too, and the key only turns about 3/4th of the way sometimes. It sometimes works, though. Like, y'know, before I put it on the bike. Then when I need to unlock it, it starts dicking me around. I will also be picking up a new lock. Maybe you and I could be lock buddies. I'll use my current broken kryptonite to lock your bike up, too. Y'know, for extra strength.

right? you can get it ON your bike but not off. must have something to do with the angle or something?? idk. we can be lock buddies. the more broken locks on your bike, the better!
    Paolo:
    dora:sooooo my ulock is fuct and i can't unlock my all city. It's locked in front of bruegger's in Porter on the Upland road side :( i put a chain lock around the wheels but if you ride by there can you shoot a glance that way? i hate having to leave it there :/ wtf!

I just passed by there, looks fine..

thanks paolo! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Don't forget to lube the posts as well...if they get rusty, they tend to stick pretty bad. I wouldn't cut the lock unless you absolutely had to.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Still there.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Megabus $1 tix from sept-nov just released. Book roundtrips between Boston and NYC for $3.50 total! Act fast.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

youse are the best :)

thank you for the note!! whoever left it :)

SO biek hath been liberated
    sitting overnight in mad lube + new key worked !
    i still bought another one tho cuz that shit was a bummerMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    MEOW !All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014

i thought it was yoU!! we must have just missed you, we saw you riding down mass ave towards harvard on our way there!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    (Cross posting this in hopes that more people see it).

This guy goes to Bike Party Events.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You might also known him from, well, unfortunately, from here;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this: Link to police story

Be mindful of your belongings.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014

That's interesting.. last night he appeared to be shattered, and trying to get someone to buy him a beer.. wirktk88 was there for it.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    James, if he cares too, can shed more information regarding the post I made above. (To be clear, James was in NO WAY associated with anything regarding any kind of bike theft...I just want to make 110% sure no one was thinking that.)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2014

I hope someone cut his spokesI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I'm bringing a wire cutter next time.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014

chr|s sedition:James, if he cares too, can shed more information regarding the post I made above. (To be clear, James was in NO WAY associated with anything regarding any kind of bike theft...I just want to make 110% sure no one was thinking that.)

Thanks Chris. I was asking him about someone's bike who was recently stolen. He told me he hasn't stolen any since the last time he was caught (which is the link sedition posted). I like to stay on good terms with him when I see him on a "keep your enemies closer" sort of thing.
    good cop/bad cop his ass, I like it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014

wirktk88:He told me he hasn't stolen any since the last time he was caught (which is the link sedition posted)
    "I haven't stolen any bikes in any least 8 months! I stopped because I was caught! Also, I would totally tell you the truth if I had continued stealing bikes!"

Fuck that guy.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ^All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^^ yea he totally had the tone of a junkie saying they've been clean for months.
    • CommentAuthorJimi

Just to blow some smoke, I'd like to catch him tryin to steal another bike.. take my wrecking ball to his head..Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2014 edited

jimiftb:Just to blow some smoke, I'd like to catch him tryin to steal another bike.. take my wrecking ball to his head..

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorJimi

wtf... wow.. so any way, I need a box for a track frame. Anyone got one layin around?Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    Random announcement/PSA:

At weekend Red Sox home games for the rest of the season, MassBike are doing their free bike valet.
    They are set up at the end of Yawkey way and Van Ness.

If any of y'all go to sox games on bike, definitely park there so that it can become a permanent fixture.