Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014 edited

in case yous guyses dont already know(which you probably do, i seem to be too late w alotta stuff) theres a tool booth in front of the marshalls in twin city plaza somerville/east cambridge. its to your left if your facing the entrance to marshalls. handy shit if you dont have tools w you and need to adjust something.godspeed on the devils thunder
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

also the dollar store is there if you want diabetes.godspeed on the devils thunder
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

There is another tool booth in Harvard Square in the parking garage across from Charlie's kitchen.
    And one at northeastern under the west village dorm arch off parkersomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014

I keep seeing "toll booth."

There's a tool/bike stand outside the Whole Foods on Beacon/Hampshire in Somerville now.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    as well as one in front of the whole foods in JP.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

buddymike:There is another tool booth in Harvard Square in the parking garage across from Charlie's kitchen.

The pump and most tools have been stolen from that. Found that out after walking from Central one late night after double flatting
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Random announcement:

You should see this
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    There are a couple around MIT too, at the student center (between Anna's and the gym) and somewhere else I forget.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    There's supposed to be one by the Gehry building, but the one time I walked around crying and looking for it, I couldn't find it.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

It's under the driveway arch thing by the doors on Vassar, by the racks."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i just noticed recently that there's one on the esplanade a little before you get to the hatch shell if you're heading inboundMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    ben:I keep seeing "toll booth."

There's a tool/bike stand outside the Whole Foods on Beacon/Hampshire in Somerville now.

I am glad I wasn't the only one.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2014

it's hailing in seaport right now?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

It was hailing in Allston too, but by the time I had grumblingly gotten my jacket on in preparation for lunch, the sun had reappeared.
    The weather in August is truly august.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

went out for lunch from food truck to sit on the steps - weather perfect
    no veggie dumpings left - sad
    went to eat thai instead, chose to sit inside because it was nice and cool.

THEN CRAZY HAIL

then nice weather for the walk back to the office.

All sorts of luck there.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

tyler:
    The weather in August is truly august.

o0o0 v nice use of august!

JimmyJ that is all sorts of luck. which food truck has veggie dumplings? i need to get that app that tells you where all the food trucks are.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

the moyzilla one.
    3x dumplings with spinach and edamame in them....noodles/rice...veggie spring roll.....little coleslaw.....real good value.
    dumplings are maybe 5/10 for cooking quality ....8/10 for ingredients though.

it's at bmc/harrison st on thursdays with the taco truck usually. i know that much (though no taco truck today)
    hey artsy friends! ARTCRANK is coming back to boston in october and they are looking for a few final additions for the roster. deadline is EOD tomorrow, submit samples of your work to be considered! it was a great turn out last year and was super fun.
    check it out! the link for submissions is on that page. http://artcrank.com/boston'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Hi all,

I posted about this a few weeks back just to spread the word, but this weekend MassBike is needing some extra volunteers to help promote the bike valet service around Fenway Park.

Basically, for 1 - 2 hours before the game, you'd either move around the Fenway area or just stand at your favorite busy intersection near the stadium, directing people on bike to the bike valet's location. Then, after the game starts, you just check back in at the tent, and you get a free pass to go into the game. They're needing at least 2-3 people both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Saturday is a 7:00 game (so 5pm start) and Sunday is a 1:30 game (so 11:30am start).

If you have questions or are interested in doing it this weekend (or the last weekend in September vs the Yankees) email lenka@massbike.org or get back to me on here. Thanks!

Tldr: help out MassBike by Fenway for 2 hours, get entry to same day's Red Sox game
    I just found out about this blog- a friend of a friend is doing a round-the-country birding trip on his bike. I think this will be of particular interest to a few of you.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Anyone want an Ello invite? PM your email address.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Since this thread got bumped, I wish to tell Evan that my dad fucking loves that bird blog.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    yay! I kinda fell off but I was enjoying it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    For those of you sad about the demise of the B2C2 swap, ANT is hosting a swap in Walpole on Sunday [here is info]

It sounds pretty fun, I'm kinda sad I can't goi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2014

Nat and I are riding there! Let us know if you'd like to join! Moderate pace, about 20 miles."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Nandy:Nat and I are riding there! Let us know if you'd like to join! Moderate pace, about 20 miles.

Considering it, what time are you planning on going?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Uh, I guess it starts at 10 but there's no need to be there on time. Meet at Somervelo at 9 and leisurely roll out after everyone's doughnuts are eaten? There is also a commuter rail 1 mile from the shop if anyone wants that."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2014

ARTCRANK had some solid posters. what wasn't solid was the $50 price tag(not set by the artists)
    ^yea, they up'ed ip from $40 last year which seems a little more reasonable. I Think the venue ended up being more expensive. That being said, Artcrank doesn't get much of it, its 60% 20% 20%, 60 to artist, 20 to art crank, and 20 to a local bike advocacy group. Not sure who it was this year; last year it was livable streets out of new york.
    Glad you came though! It was a pretty solid turn out.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    PUMA is having another super-duper private sale online- 75% off a lot of shit. If you need new kicks, check it out!
    http://us.puma.com/en_US/special/private-sale'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Phew. Another "Random Announcement" that isn't "killersim has a boyfriend now."

Another morning not ruined.
    I'm saving myself for you, honey-bear'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2014

killersim:PUMA is having another super-duper private sale online- 75% off a lot of shit. If you need new kicks, check it out!
    http://us.puma.com/en_US/special/private-sale

I am thinking of ordering some shoes, but have never owned Puma shoes - how would you say the sizing runs?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2014 edited

the pair that i bought last year were true to sizesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2014 edited

tinyhonkshus:
    killersim:PUMA is having another super-duper private sale online- 75% off a lot of shit. If you need new kicks, check it out!
    http://us.puma.com/en_US/special/private-sale

I am thinking of ordering some shoes, but have never owned Puma shoes - how would you say the sizing runs?

Depends on which but I've found them to be fairly close to size, few discrepancies between certain models, but mostly the same at 10.5 for me. Only thing to keep in mind is the majority of them are really narrow. (I have wide, flat feet)
    ^agree on the narrow comment. Sizing is fairly true to size however. The only think I've ever sized up in with puma is the elastic ballet flats we sell. General sneakers or shoes though have been good.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    ^ I *still* have random, inappropriate, public outbursts of laughter/terror at "Shrink it and pink it" when I ever I think about that comment.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

for anyone that likes The Room, Tommy himself will be appearing at the Coolidge for a premier of The Neighbors and a screening of The Room. 2 nights only.
    http://www.coolidge.org/content/room
    buddymike:for anyone that likes The Room, Tommy himself will be appearing at the Coolidge for a premier of The Neighbors and a screening of The Room. 2 nights only.
    http://www.coolidge.org/content/room

Favorites are probably...

Johnny: You're tearing me apart, Lisa.

Or

Lisa: Did you get your promotion?
    Johnny: Nah.
    [pause]
    Lisa: You didn't get it, did you?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Mayor Menino is dead.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    pour one out for Mumbles. Legit sad news :('Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2014 edited

I don't know the time that this starts, but here is the map(PDF) of Menino's procession. Plan your routes accordingly.
    https://tommeninodotorg.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/map-of-the-procession.pdf

Edit: starts at 1045AM from City Hall http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/10/31/vice-president-joe-biden-will-attend-menino-funeral/xVx4CGi3k7oQ6TcZeuiyWI/story.html
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2014 edited

also death related RA, Tom Magliozzi from NPR's car talk died a few days ago

for more info and a 45 min story on them, click here
    http://www.npr.org/2014/11/04/361408028/-we-have-learned-absolutely-nothing-tom-magliozzi-on-decades-of-car-talkMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    No shit... I loved that show. A lot of the time they would poke fun at whoever called in, often with the caller unaware they were kidding. It was really funny.
    Yeah. My dad used to make us listen to it, and it took me way too long to realize how good it was. Still listen to the repeats on podcast.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2014 edited

so i've been doing a little poking around on the internet about non-dude workwear and bike clothes

this company makes a whole run of bike clothes for women. admittedly, some are pretty weird but they have 2 pairs of normal looking bike jeans for non dude types
    http://www.ligne8.com/women/denim.html

and then after more poking around i found this article after reading her article about the lack of casual bike clothes for non dudes
    http://www.thegirlwiththepurplecane.com/2014/10/22/gamine-workwear-new-favorite-jeans/

edit: slightly off topic, it is worth noting that the above blogger is a differently-abled cyclist and there are some super cool posts on her blog about the topic
    http://www.thegirlwiththepurplecane.com/bike-ride-live/
    "Have you ever hopped on a bike when it seems like you shouldn’t? If so, please get in touch. Because I want to be your friend."

it turns out the greenhouse supervisor at the isabella stuart gardner museum (is a lady) and designed some workwear. while the initial jeans aren't really what i'm looking for and they only have a few items anyway, they're designing more stuff and it's all made in the USA and it's just pretty cool that it's coming out of boston.
    http://www.gamineworkwear.com/#about

there's also this little snippet from the WSJ (note it's from 2007 but still relevant) about heavy duty workwear for female construction workers, which i thought was interesting
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB117936694960905782

in case youre looking for a little saturday morning reading :) COFFEE TIME!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Duluth Trading Co also has lady workwear (carpenter pants, reinforced knee, etc.)i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy