Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

Today is also National Puppy Day. I'll take puppies over weather
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2015

Or you could just combine themI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

At the bike coop where I volunteer, almost everyone is a retiree, because they keep weird hours (9-1 on weekdays and Saturdays). And I work from home, so I haven't really met any friends in Rochester. But yesterday and today, there was a guy named Ed about my age there who I hadn't seen before, but he must go often because he has a "lead mechanic" title. We bonded over Japanese tubing, and today his friend came in to get some work done, and they both seemed cool, so I asked them where the Rochester bike scene is at, and they invited me to their Facebook group. Ed rode home in the same direction as me, and we had a nice conversation. Being on their Facebook thing for the past few hours, it feels a hell of a lot like BFG. They even do Wednesday rides.

Let us be happy for Pocky. Pocky has found a new family. Good night, Pocky.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

D'aww."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

FeelingsWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2015

i got banned from portlandfixed for posting about pizza in the burrito thread
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

there's more bikes here than in rochester tho
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^^permaband?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

no they let me back on and the forum moderators came to my work to introduce themselves to me and say hi. this is portland after all
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Wow."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:Wow.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

YOU NERDS WOULD LET A CHODE BACK IN, TOO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

rock dathe:no they let me back on and the forum moderators came to my work to introduce themselves to me and say hi. this is portland after all

I'm glad you got adopted too, Alex. :)::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Nuggetross:YOU NERDS WOULD LET A CHODE BACK IN, TOO.

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Screen cap plz."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

photo F3D9E0A6-09BD-45FD-A88C-1B99D321021B_zpslxxm0l01.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2015

Free $20 voucher for Bontrager merchandise if you own pretty much any Trek bike with disc brakes made between 2000 and 2015. And if you work at a shop, $5 for each quick release you swap out on such a bike. http://www.bicycleretailer.com/recalls/2015/04/21/trek-issues-recall-qr-disc-brake-bikes

In other news, TINSHIFA: So apparently bicycle manufacturers need to make sure a bicycle is safe to ride even if the quick release is left in the "open" position? First lawyer lips, and now this?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2015

Come hang out with us at the Cantab tonight! We are leaving Friday :c"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015 edited

^ Does that mean you arrive in Buffalo this weekend?

I'm sure you'll be exhausted from moving, but you're just in time for this.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

Cooool, but I'm too late. Still no power or water at the house, so we're working on that and conserving phone battery. Also, do you happen to know if there's some bus route that goes between Buffalo and Rochester? This is the only fucking state in the Union that has outlawed car shares."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

Oh hell yes. Amtrak also does three trips a day, Megabus also does three, and Greyhound does NINE.

Holy shit, I didn't know that there are no carshares. Is it because of the no fault insurance law -- http://www.shareable.net/blog/buffalo-carshare-ceases-operation-due-to-new-york-insurance-law ?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015 edited

I think it's because this state's legislature is dumb as shit, like most. Only companies large enough to self-insure can operate, but zipcar has like 2 vehicles here. Thanks for the bus and train info, though! I fuckin love trains. Edit: wait, I guess it's Amtrak bus? Fuck this garbage. I want trains.
    Edit edit: or is it a train? The Amtrak site blows. It may be a train."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015

It's a train.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I was confused because on the schedule it said "train (bus)", but it's good to know there are options."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Andy, do you guys not have a car? I might be selling mine in a couple months. It comes with a roof rack and I'll give you a deal.......Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    You don't know about train buses? MiniFries can fill you in. Also about airplane trains.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015 edited

I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN CAR.

No, thanks for the offer, but one of my conditions for moving was to not have a car unless we are actually unable to ride or function otherwise, which is why we went to an affordable city instead or rural Mass. The bus system here is actually pretty good and we're close to the only subway line! If we would only use a car to go on vacations I'd rather put in the effort to arrange travel when we need to than take care of a car the rest of the time.

Also it's only 70ish miles and we have the Erie canal (bike path, not canal boat)!

Edit: how cool would it be to ride to the canal and take a boat for the rest of the way? Even it it took a week, lol."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^HeroWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    What. A. Boss.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2015

Nandy:If we would only use a car to go on vacations I'd rather put in the effort to arrange travel when we need to than take care of a car the rest of the time.

I finally convinced my gf that between zipcar and car rentals, we'd be fine. And save a shitload of money on car insurance, gas, upkeep, etc.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Relay Rides was the shit! Stupid New York, making things slightly more annoying. It's not that bad, though. Show your gf the fillibus! Nat carried around over 300lbs of humans on it before. That's a large mini fridge in the pic plus a bunch of other stuff. It carries more shit than most people's sedans."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Interesting, I haven't investigated Relay Rides. Do you know anybody who's used it to list their personal vehicle? That might be even better than selling it (providing I can make a profit over insurance/upkeep).Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I don't, but it seemed like the rental prices had gotten higher since I started using it, but I only rented probably 2 or 3 times."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015

Nandy:
    Also it's only 70ish miles and we have the Erie canal (bike path, not canal boat)!
    Edit: how cool would it be to ride to the canal and take a boat for the rest of the way? Even it it took a week, lol.

There's a canal boat in Rochester that you can take that does touristy stuff. I don't think it goes very far, though.
    Biking it is awesome. Would love to do the trip to Buffalo some time. I've been really wanting to become an End-To-Ender.

That seems like way too few bungees to hold that thing on now that I know that it's a fridge.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015

I should have had a front to back bungee, but the rack is about that size so it worked fine! That bicycle is the best."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2015

So, I finally got around to getting another agent after my previous one went out of business --and along with that, the web page he made for me, so I went ahead and made my own web site. I probably should have done this a long time ago.

Please give constructive criticisms and suggested tweaks. I'd particularly love opinions regarding graphic design from those of you who are into that, as well as opinions regarding my own sexiness from those of you who are into that.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorben

Doesn't work for me - won't load at all.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Dude, that looks sick. Nice clean design. Your recordings are awesome.

Other looking-for-advice thing: Simple Living Courier, y/n?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Ben, thanks for letting me know -- I'd really like to get to the bottom of that because I imagine certain other people are going to run into the same situation. What browser are you using? And do you get a specific error code? That URL is actually a domain mask by my domain hosting provider using a 302 "temporary" redirect, so maybe whatever browser you're using isn't obeying it. Can you get to the unmasked URL here?

Andy, thanks! I think Simple Living Courier is a really cool name. Makes me think of Phil Altman.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorben

It works for me now (the main link from your original post). I'm on updated FF. I believe it was a generic server not found error.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

It might have taken a while for the DNS change I made last night to propagate to your DNS.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    that cover photo pocky...

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

I have found my spirit animal!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

You would probably get a lot more gigs if you put that^^ on your banner, too.

SLC is mostly a joke, but it's the best I have so far."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^I laughed

Grind Time CourierDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

ooh, I'm talking to a coffee company too. That might work. Can you work in a bread pun? Any pun, really. I love puns.

I liked Live Slow Courier, but Nat vetoed anything with "slow" in the name."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

North Coast CourierWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

What do aliens put in their hot chocolate?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

MartianmellowsI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/behold-the-ultimate-crowdsourced-map-of-punny-businesses-in-america

I will think on bread ones - Fresh Rolls, loli mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy