Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

HOW ABOUT BUFFALEGS COURIER

GET ITWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015 edited

^haha

EXCITING RANDOM ANNOUNCEMENT:

WE'RE GONNA BE IN TOWN NOVEMBER 5TH-9TH!

PLZ LOAN ME A TINY BICYCLE. You'll be compensated.

Update: bike covered"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nice!

Wake and Bake Couriers?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited

joeyfresh:GET IT
    I don't :(

ETA: wait I think i get itI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015

BUFF LEGS? BUFFALO, BUFFALEGS.

I'm in a tiny Facebook group called BUF cargo bike gang. There's like 5 cargo bikes here. I rode the filibus to Nat's shop and a coworker was like "whoa! You could carry a pizza on that!". This place has a long fucking way to go."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Buffa-go??Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Nickle City or Queen City Courier have a nice and snappy ring to it. Or maybe Good Neighbors Delivery? Good Neighbors Courier doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Buffa-flow? I'm still hooked on Buffalo puns.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2015 edited

6kidz:Nickle City or Queen City Courier have a nice and snappy ring to it. Or maybe Good Neighbors Delivery? Good Neighbors Courier doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly.

Good Neighbor Courier rather than Neighbors, works. The soft s into the hard C makes for a weird transition.

nerdo:Buffa-flow? I'm still hooked on Buffalo puns.

Really like Buffa-flow
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Excellent. Buffalo puns are great.

^^ Those first two are taken, I do like Good Neighbors though.

When I was looking for city nicknames I found out that Canadians call it Barfalo (for the number of bars and late hours, and for all the post-industrial poverty)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

(come visit me in wyoming, any of you, we can ride horses or a train through a herd of buffalo)
    nerdo:Buff à gogo??
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Nandy:When I was looking for city nicknames I found out that Canadians call it Barfalo (for the number of bars and late hours, and for all the post-industrial poverty)
    Whoa, harsh.

a_lion:(come visit me in wyoming, any of you, we can ride horses or a train through a herd of buffalo)
    I really want to do this. I haven't been on a horse in two decades or more. Isn't it like $1000 for the plane ticket, though?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

a_lion:(come visit me in wyoming, any of you, we can ride horses or a train through a herd of buffalo)
    I really want to do this. I haven't been on a horse in two decades or more. Isn't it like $1000 for the plane ticket, though?

$300-$400
    do iiiiit (but not until spring because it's late enough in the year that snow might come/the highway might close at any time)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

How much for the horsies?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

$40/hour http://www.terrybisonranch.com/index.asp
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

joeyfresh:
    Nandy:When I was looking for city nicknames I found out that Canadians call it Barfalo (for the number of bars and late hours, and for all the post-industrial poverty)
    Whoa, harsh.?

Hey, it still beats "Crotchfester".::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015 edited

lol@crotchfester

a_lion:$40/hour http://www.terrybisonranch.com/index.asp
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015

You guys missed Buffvelo."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015

This may be obvious, but having 4 cats is the absolute shit. I've doubled the chances of having a kitty in whatever room I'm in! Life is fuckin awesome.

My friend at the community shop has kitties named Presta, Schrader, Sharrow, and Poly (like polylube but also because it's a polydactyl)."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    a lady I know just told me her cats are named Mochi and Acorni mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015

The previous two posts made my night.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015

If you live in Cambridge, you can vote online to decide how to spend $600,000 of the City's FY17 capital budget. It's pretty cool.

http://pb.cambridgema.govI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016

I didn't win powerball.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I had to pick up milk from the corner store anyway, so I bought 2 tickets. I won my money back, so it's like it never happened! Except I still have the milk.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016 edited

^Powerball wormhole effect? Get Hawkings on it, stat!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I didn't win powerball but I'm unemployed so I still didn't have to go to work todayi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2016

Same here! *high/sad five*"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2016

We just put an offer down on a house in Rochester.

It is enormous. Everyone should come visit. At the same time.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    If any of y'all want pizza tonight, Flatbread is running a fundraiser for Black Cat Rescue a local no-kill cat rescue (I'm friends with one of the founders). fb event pageDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2016

Allstate came out with their annual "best drivers" report, and people are all upset that Rochester ranked 146th out of 200, and one of the local papers ran an article about it and interviewed an Allstate agent who made comments about how Rochesterians can improve their driving. I was like "Huh, I wonder where Boston ranks on that report", so I checked. https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-resources/americas-best-drivers.aspx

200 out of 200. Boston drivers are, quite literally, the absolute WORST.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    RIP Rivergods, home of the OG dive bar tuesdays where I first met Joey Fresh.

May the real estate agency or tech startup or doggie boutique that replaces it go fuck itselfi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2016

Semi-related, does Vanyaland only have the one writer??Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2016

michael does a bunch but you just have to scroll down and see all the other names
    I was only in rivergods like three times but one of those times they were playing Beyond the Mind's Eye on a projector. I appreciated that.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2016

OT: DO NOT WORK WITH GATEWAY REALTORS IN ALLSTON. TRIED SCREWING ME OUT OF $2080 PULLING SOME ILLEGAL SHIT. ONLY DID THEY GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK WEEKS LATER WHEN I DECIDED TO LOOK UP MASS LAWS AND LET THEM KNOW THEY WERE GOING DOWN.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2016

Ugh, rental realtors are the worst. Especially in Allston.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2016

anyone to donate to wmbr let me know, starts tmw.
    You guys still have your show to do with me lol. I'm still down even tho it's been a year? Two?

Also YES please donate during my show tomorrow! I'm on the last day of the fundraiser and am thinking my donation totals may be weak, so every little bit helps! I'm on 10-Noon but of course any donation any time of day to any show helps just the same!
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

well, i'm back (where back = southern nh)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2017

Jon and John are both gonna be in Rochester for the Zagster launch this weekend.

It's gonna get weird.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pics or you're all copsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2017

^Easy for you to say, copper!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2017

On Wednesday we're going to start riding our bicycles back to Boston. V excited."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    :DDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2017

Oh damn! How long are you planning to ride? Are you taking the Erie Canal path?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2017

Yes, picking it up in Rochester and taking it to Albany, then apparently there's a rail trail in Northampton. Planning for 8 days with maybe a rest day, but we'll see how it goes."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2017

I did Albany to Boston in 2 days, though I didn't know about the rail trail in Northampton. Always wanted to do the Erie Canal path. Let me know how it is!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTime6 days ago

It was really good! Nowhere near complete, but most sections are a pretty good length with short gaps on the road so it never gets boring. We had 1.5/38c tires and were really happy with them. Some spots are a little loose or just footpaths in the woods, but def don't need much more than that. Scenery was great, towns were great, riding in fall was great. Camping is allowed on some locks, but facilities aren't amazing."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries