Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

chr|s sedition:I'm totally off the grid (camping) until Sept 8 (in case anyone wonders why I suddenly fell silent, and/or any moderator shit needs to be done). Peace.

Back.

Oh, and, we already have BFG shirts;
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Or the alternate "away" jersey;
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2013

My apartment was broken into yesterday. They took my HP laptop(it's a blue ish color), A mac laptop, poloroid xs100 bike cam, and a whole lot of camera/filming equipment (canon 7d,Canon 6d, Sigma 30mm 1.4, tamron 28-75mm, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 18-135mm, tokina 11-16mm lenses).
    If anyone happens to come across these, please let me know. Willing to offer a reward for any recovered items.
    Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

that's shiiiiiiiiiit.
    good luck finding stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^Yea, people suck. Thanks man.
    Just combing craigslist ads hoping to see something.
    • CommentAuthorfugaizi

http://boston.craigslist.org/pha/

Good luck, that's brutal.

My fiancee's apartment building in New Haven was broken into twice this month, so her neighbors put up a "Beware of Dogs" sign on their door. I made her a "Beware of Even Larger Dogs" sign.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^thanks a lot, I'll check that link. The people who live behind me have security cams that have a clear view of where the exited my place. Waiting to hear if he saw anything.

I might just install a home alone security system. inflatable man in window, paint can booby traps, the whole nine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

That is a brutal amount of stuff. Rage however you see fit. At least you still have your bike to hunt them down with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Just made a huge step towards finding who it is. Thankfully the guy who lives behind me has security cams that caught him going in and out.
    Bastard waited until I pulled out and he came in.

He was on a bike, so once I identify the model/color, I'll put a bounty out.
    ^ Contact local police. They may have info on him.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^I called once I saw the footage. Bringing by a copy of it to them tomorrow.
    wirktk88:...Bastard waited until I pulled out and he came...
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^ugh I should have known better...good one. Haha
    Less pressing announcement: drink a lot of water, people!

Kidney stones are no fun. And hey, they can also make you puke!

A lot.

And apparently dehydration can be a factor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013

D:"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

brunop:^yeah. so much bellyachin' up in dis.
    quit with the complainin'. why doncha?
    WAAAAAAWAAAAAAAWAAAAAA!
    "my kidney stones hurt"
    "i vomited from them"
    "i had blood in my pee"
    WAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAA!!!!

grow a pair.

kisses,
    'nop
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Cheez:Less pressing announcement: drink a lot of water, people!

Kidney stones are no fun. And hey, they can also make you puke!

A lot.

And apparently dehydration can be a factor.

didn't see my dad my last few days in the US cuz he was stuck home feeling terrible from that. dude will ride 65 miles and take a single sip of water the whole time. drink things!
    wirktk88:My apartment was broken into yesterday. They took my HP laptop(it's a blue ish color), A mac laptop, poloroid xs100 bike cam, and a whole lot of camera/filming equipment (canon 7d,Canon 6d, Sigma 30mm 1.4, tamron 28-75mm, Canon 24-105mm, Canon 18-135mm, tokina 11-16mm lenses).
    If anyone happens to come across these, please let me know. Willing to offer a reward for any recovered items.
    Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.

A reminder to folks to get renters insurance. Seriously.

Still, super sorry this happened to ya man. Hope your stuff gets recovered.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    My dad has had them real bad THIS WEEK. I had one once. It hit at 2am, while I was camping in the middle of the woods in PA. Was 5 hours before I got to the ER. In 2005 I had a compound fracture in my arm from a motorcycle wreck. I would take the pain of that any day, without question, over a kidney stone.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013 edited

^^and save receipts, and appraise your custom things

^Ive heard that the closest a dude can get to feeling the pain of child birth is thru kidney stonessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^^ Gah, compound fractures have always been my worst fear.

^ My S-I-L has done both and said the stones hurt more.

Something tells me this is going to be a bad time to be opiate-resistant.
    Cheez:^^ Gah, compound fractures have always been my worst fear.

Seeing you, sticking out of you, is...well, it's pretty gnarly.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I will never understand why people don't drink more water.
    I am that person that loves to drink water. I don't think it is possible for me to ever get dehydrated.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    because having to pee every 30 minutes is super freakin annoyingsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

banana truffles has a bladder the size of the large big gulp cupWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    pee-camelsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Because I'm not allowed to have water at my desk :/DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013

surprisefries:Because I'm not allowed to have water at my desk :/
    Wait, really?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Yeah, man. My desk is right at the end of my bench, in the lab. No food, drink, gum, chapstick, etc.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Because science!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    because
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorFancy

banana truffles:I will never understand why people don't drink more water.
    I am that person that loves to drink water. I don't think it is possible for me to ever get dehydrated.

My Dad sells ice cream on the beach in the summer and doesn't drink water. It's ridiculous, I don't know how he can function all day so dehydrated.

surprisefries:Because I'm not allowed to have water at my desk :/

Before i had an office outside of the lab i would hide water/snacks at my lab bench. fuck your rules!

When i was at mount sinai in nyc i worked across from this 80 yr old woman would make her tea in the lab using an erlenmeyer flask & hot plate/stir plate.
    Oh I totally hide snacks, and sometimes water. But refilling is trickier 'cause I have to smuggle it in and out of the lab, hoping not to get seen by the lab manager. Fuck the police!

I guess if you make it to 80 though, like, do whatever you want.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

The web forum I created for work has been working just as planned. Thanks for the inspiration, bostonfixed.us
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I don't understand why you'd plan for a forum to be shitty and slow but I guess there's sort of a cool retro feel to it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Are you saying this forum is shitty and slow? I don't have any complaints. Though I do have a high tolerance for slow, shitty things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Yo stay out of Honolulu harbor for a few days until the sharks have eaten all the dead fish who were suffocated by the molasses spill and they go back to shark island or whatever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

GC I KNOW U WANNA SURF BRO BUT KEEP IT ON THE BEACH
    the great molassacre of 2013. RIP fishies.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

First line on the NPR piece: "Everything down there is dead."

:c"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2013 edited

Dick Sachs is changing his color scheme
    My New House

I’m closing a file that’s been open for more than three decades. The red and white thing, a paint scheme arrived at almost by accident when I had to match bicycles I was making for my racing team – match them to clothing supplied to us by Le Coq Sportif – a pattern that has had more tonal variations, ink color revisions, decal size and placement combinations, but has remained essentially red and white since 1982, is now part of my past.

I looked at what I had and considered the project done. It was perfect and mature. Mature in the sense that I could not imagining changing another detail and still feel content, or that I could go forward with a finer design. The current version has remained unchanged since 2009 and I had nothing left I wanted to give to it.

So what could be next? In the time it takes to hit ctrl alt del, my intention became clear. I wanted a wholesale departure from my past so that I could cross a line on one day and step into my future on the next. There was only one place I would trust for such a leap: House Industries.

I contacted Rich Roat, expressed a desire for a complete makeover of my identity program, and asked if he and his staff would guide me. The hash marks were simple: bury the red and white thing, lose as many connections to the “look” that I had worked with and around all these years, and emerge with something uniquely House Industries For Richard Sachs.

After some twenty months, House and I are walking up to that line and getting ready to cross it together. Rich, Bondé, Andy, and Ken have completed the re-skin. The Richard Sachs Cyclocross Team will start the season this week and debut the creations that House Industries has designed. Graphics. Fonts. Colors. Racing kits. Accessories. Maybe even stickers. Well, maybe not stickers.

It was 1982 when I began my racing sponsorship program, and the red and white thing came from that. I’ve managed teams every season since. That won’t change, but everything else you see will.

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Big gas leak at the McGovern Institute at MIT (corner of Main and Vassar, building the train goes through).

Seems under control, but my building across the intersection still smells a little.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2013

^^hey no more red but orange will do!
    new thing looks nice but not that dramatic a change.
    Yea i wasnt too impressed. I was hoping for some green or bluesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    The new scheme is kinda naffTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

FYI: According to Craig, it's a violation of health code to fill a customer's cup in a setting that is not licensed for take-out.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    wtf is naff?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    it's a silly thing silly english people say.

Speaking of which, where's Saffs?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    LAST ACTIVE 16 MINUTES AGO

BRO?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

^ haha...here. Been busy :)
    I was hoping for something a little more Landshark meets ATMO fractals