Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

^^Holler!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Random announcement: Paul Jameson's checks have a monster truck on them and that is awesome.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Craigglesofdoom:Random announcement: Paul Jameson's checks have a monster truck on them and that is awesome.

People still use checks?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2013

I use checks to pay rent, and send birthday (and wedding ;) ) money.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ben:I use checks to pay rent, and send birthday (and wedding ;) ) money.

Touche! (Also still working on getting cards for the many TY's that need to go out to everyone).clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2013

Not quite sure where I should post this, but MIT is having a bike swap on the 29th

http://bikeshowmarket.weebly.com/event-details.html
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2013

I'm thinking of starting a business where I hold peoples cats at their weddings. I would be paid in cat-holding and beer.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2013

HIRED.

I was thinking of having my kitty be the ring pillow thing, she just likes to curl up in a ball. It'll be great."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I knew there was a market for iti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You just gave me a great idea for renewing my vows every week.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Mmmmmm, so cat-holdyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Cambroflage... cambroflage everywhere.

Camo Is The New Black

Not going to lie, though; ?this helmet? is awesome.
    I got shot while mountain biking before it was cool.

(disclaimer: no I didn't)i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:I got shot while mountain biking before it was cool.

(disclaimer: no I didn't)

Ok gregTake-off everything but your rainboots
    How did you know my dearest gun nut's name?!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:How did you know my dearest gun nut's name?!

Greg Lemond got shot while bikingTake-off everything but your rainboots
    I would wear the fuck out of that helmet. where do I buy itNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

^ In the future. Pic is from Interbike, so I'm assuming it is not out yet.

It's awesome though, right??
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2013

Marianna has been on fire lately.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2013

Blitz:Camo Is The New Black
    I resent this statement.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    joeyfresh:Marianna has been on fire lately.

That sounds dangerous.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    unburnt, mother of dragons, etci mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Did someone post this already? 20 miles of cycletracks by 2018

It'll be interesting to see how (and how much of) this develops.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben

^It will be great for the livability of the city, but I'm going to fucking hate it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Yeah cycletracks are sweet unless you have to ride on them
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Today is Bruce Springsteen's birthday
    <3DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

rock death:Yeah cycletracks are sweet unless you try to ride fast on them

fix for me.
    rock death:Yeah cycletracks are sweet unless you have to ride on them

I had a lot of trouble with peds in the Vassar St cycletrack at first, but lately that hasn't been the case. Maybe people are learning? Definitely though I can see a lot more hostility toward cyclists who choose not to ride in the cycletrack vs a bike lane.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    You won't know what claustrophobia is until you're behind 5mph Hubway bro-dude in an enclosed cycletrack.
    I can't recall ever seeing a cycletrack, even enclosed, that didn't have enough room to pass. Especially if it's a 5mph bro and you pass properly. Eleventy billion 5mph Hubway bro-dudes in a row though is a different matter.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Freewheel Burning:You won't know what claustrophobia is until you're behind 5mph Hubway bro-dude in an enclosed cycletrack.

Hold the phone bro... what are you talking about!

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

The problem I always have with the Vassar st one is that cars will always park right where it separates from the road, making it unusable or very dangerous. I've seen people flip over their bars because they try to get on it anyway but the curb rises too soon and they hit that."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yeah that's definitely an issue. I don't see it that much, but it's super annoying.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries: Eleventy billion 5mph Hubway bro-dudes in a row

OH THE HORROR
    • CommentAuthorgc

EPIC! Stratton:
    Freewheel Burning:You won't know what claustrophobia is until you're behind 5mph Hubway bro-dude in an enclosed cycletrack.

Hold the phone bro... what are you talking about!

people still read bikesnob?gone
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2013 edited

Mayoral Preliminary vote is tomorrow: 12 enter, 2 leave. What are peoples' thoughts?

FWIW: BCU sent a questionnaire to all 12, only 3 responded: Arroyo, Connelly and Walczak. Ross has a long spiel about bikes on his website, but they're all kinda pie-in-the-sky - like "Build a network of dedicated, separated cycle tracks that connects every neighborhood to each other." - like, why don't you just promise me a Totoro-style catbus while you're at it?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    If only they'd left the elevated O-line tracks up, he could install a cycletrack in the sky.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I'm not sure who the other one will be, but Connelly is walking away with one of those spots.

I'm glad to see my city councilor (consalvo) go. Dude sucks.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Connolly was campaigning a couple of weeks ago at Roxbury Crossing, and he approached me as I was waiting to cross Tremont on my ride home, specifically to mention cycling and hand me a flyer with his traffic/cycling agenda spelled out. On a purely human level I liked him, he didn't have that polished cool demeanor that I've seen in most politicians, there was an air of sincerity to him that was comforting. However I immediately thought "this guy will never win, he's too nice for this stuff."
    tinyhonkshus: like, why don't you just promise me a Totoro-style catbus while you're at it?

So good....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Any of you cats that live in Somerville Ward 3, go vote for Matt Desmond in the primary today. He's a cool guy and he's pro responsible development and cares about cycling infrastructure and good stuff like that.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2013

Along the lines of our conversation about rich people and entitlement...

Money on the Mind
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2013

Everything about that video screams Onion parody.

If true, I'm not surprised by the results, but I do wonder which way the causality vector runs. Do rich people engage in unethical behavior because they're entitled, or are they rich *because* they engage in unethical behavior?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    surprisefries:Any of you cats that live in Somerville Ward 3, go vote for Matt Desmond in the primary today. He's a cool guy and he's pro responsible development and cares about cycling infrastructure and good stuff like that.

Erf, missed going through by 17 votes.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2013

$15 day passes all day for the ladies. Music, food, etc tonight from 5-11pm.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Dunno if any of yous live in the test area, but Cambridge is doing a pilot program for curbside composting.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013

i want that in brighton!