Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorNewFixie
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013

I just bought a Retrospec Beta Fixie and I wanted to take off the flat bar and add bullhorns but I don't know what brake levers would fit it (which ones) and how do I attach them?

I have brakes in both the front and the back so i was thinking that I could just use my original brake levers and put them on the bullhorns.. Would that work?

Does anyone know the bar clamp size on a Retrospec Beta Fixie??
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2013 edited

The most common brake lever for bullhorns are "Time Trial" levers that have plugs that fit into the end of the horns. You can use cyclcross/interupt levers if you want them on the flats instead of the horns, but you are installing bullhorns to ride the horns, right? Your current brake levers will not work. Their clamp diameter is probably 22.2mm for the flat handlebars, most bullhorns will have bar diameter of 26.0mm.

I don't know what the clamp diameter on the stem that came with your Retrospec Beta. From pictures it looks either 25.4mm (old mountain standard) or 26.0mm (old road standard). You can probably find bullhorns in either size on eBay, just make sure you buy the right one, those .6mm matter. So borrow a set of calipers or something.

I've got a set of time trial levers for sale cheap

Lastly,
    Seatpost: Steel 25.4

Lol wat?A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Now that I've answered your question... looking at more pictures, the headtube angle plus rake is ridiculous. Its halfway to being a chopper bike. Opposite of those Sole zero rake forks. Maybe they should have a baby and make something reasonable. And I think their specs need to be updated, that fork doesn't look 1" threaded.

A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    its such a pet-peve of mine when companies put non-machined rims on a bike with brakes.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Alex stop pretending you know things about bikes and MAKE ME A SAMMICHYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Sexism hurts, Ella.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Not rape if you're my wife.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    That escalated quickly.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    ummm is it rape if I'm Joey's wife?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson

paul jameson:
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You people are my favorite.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    this is not a funny thread.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor! for mod:this is not a funny thread.
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2013

tinyhonkshus:
    conor! for mod:this is not a funny thread, except the comments from Ella to Paul.
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Everything is funny and nothing is sacredTake-off everything but your rainboots
    QUESTIONS BOLDLY POSED
    RETROHORNS ON A BULLSPEC
    WHERE IS MY SAMMICHAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.