Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorOG killersim
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013 edited

Hey guys, so some of you probably know about this already, but there is a Bike Culture art show called ARTCRANK coming to Boston next weekend and I'm one of the included artists. The show has been going strong for 6 years showing all over the world. This is their first Boston stop and it's shaping up to be a good time.

It will be hosted at the 4th Wall Gallery near Fenway from 5-11PM on Saturday July 20th.
    All the posters in the show will be for sale out of an edition of 30, each piece no matter what size or media will be 40$ with proceeds going to benefit Livable Streets. Admission is free and you can buy a custom pint glass for 5$ to get beer from Widmer Brothers Brewing.

Facebook Page

Boston Home Page

Here's a little sneak peak of what I've been working on. I hope to see you guys there!
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    sticky for this week, hope to make itDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    So there. Need more bike art.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    yup yup yupYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    where do we park the bikes!!??
    BIKE PILE!

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2013

There is something vaguely horrifying about that picture. Almost like it's a threat.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I'm going to say the unofficial after party is going to be at Tasty Burger. Lets get pitchers and get weird.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    killersim:I'm going to say the unofficial after party is going to be at Tasty Burger. Lets get pitchers and get weird.

Alex, you always know just what to say.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    cobrahcommandah:where do we park the bikes!!??

But seriously, if you can't find a place to park by yourself, just ask someone inside and I'm sure you can lock to someone else'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    ^I will be joining this/the afterparty after I see the BOSSTONES at the common.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    The show is already packed!! Come quick to get rad art and beer, this shit is bumpin''Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    im gonna leave from HSQ area around 8. Hoping it will be a little cooler then. Anyone want to roll over together?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    This was pretty awesome. The posters were mostly killer, I saw a bunch of people I know, and the beer was good (tho the line was insane!) ... hope this happens again in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

Line was insane, yes, and when it came time to get served, those serving had run out of beer. No refunds, thanks for the $5 pint glass and the free 24hr hubway pass... I guess...
    Super fun event in my opinion. Saw lots of folks I hadn't seen in a while. Beautiful art. Good beer. Would do again.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

Craigglesofdoom:^I will be joining this/the afterparty after I see the BOSSTONES at the common.

did you see them? the lemonheads ruled but the mighty bosstones were among the worst bands i've ever seen. OH GOD THEY ARE AWFUL
    I caught the end of the Lemonheads' set, and that was super good. I thought the Bosstones were good! It was hot and it definitely wasn't their best show, but it was a great atmosphere nonetheless. I really enjoyed them bringing out the kids from Ipswich HS to play during The Impression That I Get - I hope every one of those kids realized how fucking cool what they were doing was. I know kids in my HS jazz band would've been "yeah, that was cool but I wish I could've played with someone like Lil Wayne"

Have you ever seen them other times?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

I had never seen them before and had never heard any of their music other than the 4 or 5 radio singles. I left after a few songs. I would play timpani for Lil Wayne any day but I will never intentionally listen to the Mighty Bosstones again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

rock death just don't know how to partyWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    HA!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Perfect.

Alex, I'd give them another try, I've seen them four times since I was sixteen, and they've been great every other time. I think they do a lot better at smaller venues, the first time I saw them was at the State Theatre in Maine.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

this is how the show was:

i was surrounded by small children wildly swinging their limbs, misfits back patches in a circle pit, old women showing skin and booty dancing, fat dads in coed naked firefighter shirts doing the the devil horns thing with their hands, and that weird dude doing coke off a sharp knife too close to people to be any kind of safe all while being assaulted by whiny diarrhea music coming from a cadre of strange looking men
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

AND NO RUDE BOYS SKANKIN'
    I was skankin' it up by the monument with some people for sure

I think we were the only ones for 200 feet who knew what skanking wasNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorgc

as fucked up as it sounds i bet a lot of people only came to this event for the (quasi)free beer.gone
    that's a pretty cynical assumption. I knew a good amount of the people there and all of them love art, bikes AND beer.
    My soul weeps for being out of town this weekend. Really wanted to check this out.

Oh. And. The Bosstones have sucked since everything after Devil's Night Out.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    yeah I think the last decent Bosstones show I saw was around 22 years ago at Bill's Bar. yikes.
    ^ the channel, for me.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I was probably at that Channel show, too. Back when they would open for NYHC bands.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2013

Do you think any of those posters will show up as t-shirts? I wasnt there, but looking at the gallery Ira Cummings' and the Ride Hard Boston posters were pretty rad.A few spokes shy of a wheel.