Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrisbutters
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013 edited

FEAR AND LOATHING ON THE FREEDOM TRAIL
    AUGUST 24, 2013
    BOSTON, MA

So here's what you've wanted to know:

Registration starts at 3PM in Boston Common and is $7. Find us. It won't be hard. We'll be up top.

Race starts around 430PM.

You will ride places. Or you could walk, it's really up to you but I wouldn't recommend walking.

The after party will go down at the finish line at 243 North Harvard St in Lower Allston.

We will be selling shirts for $15 at the party.

Participants will want to bring their bike, a bag, a lock, a pen, and some drawing utensils. If you don't have anything to draw with, that's fine, just make sure you have a pen, pencil, or marker with you. Your bag doesn't have to be ridiculously huge, but a hip pouch will not work. Something that will hold and protect your manifest and a few sheets of paper you will be collecting. Helmets are not required but are highly encouraged.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

When the going get's weird, the weird turn pro.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

Sounds fun, glad someone's setting up a race this summer."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I love this. Especially the flyer.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    This looks pretty awesome. I may be interested in doing a checkpoint, especially if historically themed.

Can I dress like Paul Revere?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^ Yes, you can definitely dress like Paul Revere. You do know he was a courier and a huge drunk, right? There will be historically themed check points, as well as ones related to Fear and Loathing. In Las Vegas, or on the Campaign Trail '72? You'll have to find out. I've already said too much.
    Beautiful. Probably the most famous courier in the world, for that matter. Well, after Joseph Gordon Levitt.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You forgot Kevin Bacon, dickbag.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Hell yeah
    HEY HEY HEY JGL > KB ANY DAY OF THE DAMN WEEK BROFRESHYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You kids these days have shit for taste.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^word.

Wish I could CP, going to a wedding that day in RI.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I'll be on honeymoon then. Have fun kiddos.

That said, I'm with Joe on this. KB > JGL.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2013

I'd like to work a CP."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

free sex at the final cpMUFFDVR
    fmradio516:free sex at the final cp

I notice you didn't say "good".clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

you get what you pay for.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2013

Going to be tough having to wait almost a whole month for this.
    Definitely need to work a checkpoint for this one.
    Haven't done an alleycat since 1999. Really tempted to jump on this tho I haven't been a courier in so long I'm not gonna remember where anything is, dammit.
    ^ Love that one.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013

Going to try really hard to make it out for this. WHO IS GOING TO HOUSE ME!?!?!?roz-berry-lime
    Sooooo I cant' do this because my stupid cousin's boyfriend decided to propose to her. Damnit.

I might go to their wedding dressed as Paul Revere because he's British so I can yell "THE BRITISH ARE COMING!" before he walks in.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2013

When does the race start? Just ride in your suit, or go to the wedding in smelly bike clothes."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Hahaha the wedding is at Pemaquid Point in Maine.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

I'm cabbin' in cambridge til 7ish...will I miss the start? most likely?? :(
    Check up top for updated info!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2013 edited

Are you still looking for checkpoint workers?
    Anyone have a lead on where to purchase a tricorner hat?
    ^kenmore army navy?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013

Bus tickets ordered. I'll be seeing you guys Saturday.roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2013

^OH~~!! ITS SATURDAY?!
    IN THE PARK!!
    FUCK!!! First time in years major bike fun is going down during my non-work hours...but I'm part of a big WWII display battleship cove on Sat day. Ugh. This is killing me. With despair and anger, I boil!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Sooooo I've seen pretty much everyone except charlie.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2013

^^ you think that's bad? I showed up an noticed I had a flat. It was about 30 mins till the start. Couldn't get it fixed and back in time. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh
    I got stuck at work :( I'm still at work :(((

hope everyone had fun, I really wanted to jump on this fuuuuuu
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2013

^^dude i drove 10 hrs to sydney for a race my buddy was throwing and got a flat within a minute of taking off at the start.
    that was worst.
    fuck yeah concussions
    ^ oh?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2013 edited

It started close to an hour past the posted time, and flats should take 15 minutes max, but that sucks you didn't get to ride. Seriously excellent production, though. Thanks, Chris and Derek, and everyone who made this happen! I had so much fun."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2013

^true, but I didn't have everything I needed to fix it on my own. had to walk to a bike shop to get it done. Oh well, still had a great night. Hope everyone had a good time.
    Super super rad race. I found my new favorite park in Charlestown.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    thanks to craig and some others for making this race rad for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz

Awesome event, fast race. Super stoked to see all of you guys, it's been awhile. Hopefully ill see you guys at bike kill, or the Halloween race or some other crazy bike event in NYC. Props to butters and Derek for pulling all this stuff together.roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz

Just incase people were curious here is the route that I took
    http://www.strava.com/activities/77534071

winthrop sq
    1 state
    winthrop sq
    508 commercial
    1 winthrop st (charles town)
    210 sidney (cambridge)
    superb
    north harvard (lower allston)
    41 lawn st
    community bikes
    edinboro (finish)

a lot of people went in the opposite directionroz-berry-lime
    I didn't race, but was helping at the Community checkpoint. Most people did it the other way.
    ^You should feel lucky you didn't have to climb over the hubway station with 30 other people pushing you. What a site that was!
    I have one hell of a goose egg on my ankle from climbing over those fucking Hubway bikes.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Damn, 210 Sidney is still being used an alleycat cp? How long has that been a messer house anyway?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ok, for those not there...someone give us the full details of the event rather than cryptic one liners.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    it was awesome, a super fun race. The route most taken was:
    start at Boston Common.
    -Community Bikes (you had to climb over a subway station without touching the ground)
    -41 Lawn Street (you had to draw a picture of Barbara Strisand)
    -Superb
    -N. Harvard
    -210 Sydney st. (do another drawing of Barbara)
    -Winthrop sq, Charlestown
    -Commercial in the North End (Do a stair climb with your bike)
    -Winthrop sq, downtown (you had to go to 1 State St and back before you could get your manifest signed)
    -Endinboro

Prizes were:
    1st place, John Blackler
    2nd place, Julian Rowndtree
    1st Girl, Me (10th overall)
    2nd Girl, Roz
    1st Unicycle, Nosepicker
    1st out of country, Croth
    1st out of town, Melissa Anderson

The after party was great, many beers to be had. Some dude pulled a gun out around 4am outside the house and started shooting randomly. Doug Farley's bike was shot in the front wheel, the bullet is still in his tube. Very surreal, glad everyone is okay though!!
    It was an awesome time, i hope to see the races keep happening, I can't believe it had been over a year since the last one was put on.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/imjeremyfuckoff/sets/72157635238412290/
    heres Jeremy's Flickr for the event'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.