Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Riding in total urban chaos.
    Nothing captures it more than the annual Uhaulakaust of Aug 31/Sept 1.
    Boston traffic, drivers, tourists, roads, AT ITS WORST.

Embrace the doom.
    Ride, head strong, into the black Sunset of despair, freshmen, and Uhauls.
    Fuck Boston Strong. This is Boston Fixed.

Anyone want to tour the mover's wastelands at some point on Sat or Sun afternoon?
    Demon masks/face painting highly encouraged.
    Wear black. Drink sin. Ride with the devil.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013 edited

Can we stop for ground scores?

Edit: never mind I have too much shit
    im down for saturday....
    I may have some time on sundaysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2013

I'll be out of town, but I support riding around in masks, unsettling parents.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

ben:I'll be out of town, but I support riding around in masks, unsettling parents.

Sadly, I, too, will be out of town.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

ben:I'll be out of town, but I support riding around in masks, unsettling parents.

I lol'd."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I'm in for saturday night. let's do this shit.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I think this is a terrible idea bc of all the rage and new-to-boston drivers. I don't want to hear about ANYONE going to the ER.
    SO BE GOOD MMKAYYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorben

I think this is an awesome day because it will be like the Wild Wild West. But with less guns. Which is kind of sad.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Count me in. Where will the meeting point be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

ben:I'll be out of town, but I support riding around in Juggalo face paint, unsettling everyone.
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

I've got a old-lady pushcart for groceries and other assorted items. Despite having a semi-broken non-weight bearing wheel , it would be perfect for the ultimate uhauloakaust scavenging tool. No more will you be bothered with the intense decision on what carry home when your arms become full, just take it all and ask questions later.

Thought about even trying to make it into some sort of bike trailer.

whisper if you want it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Can someone inform me on what this is exactly? I have a vague understanding, but I'm not 100% sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Allston Christmas is Sept 1, when BC/BU/NEU/ETC students move out of their apartments. They typically put a ton of shit on the curb that they haven't sold or given away. probably because it is too nice to throw right out into the dumpster or dumpsters are full. Some people go around collecting furniture and other junk that can be re-used or sold to scrap dealers, pawn shops, and craigslist. It's one of the worst days to be in Boston because traffic is crazy, people park illegally, and it's generally pretty chaotic. When I say traffic, I mean like 3 hours to move 1mi down Comm Ave traffic. It's quite a scene."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben

It's people saying they should get together and roam around Allston on bikes, on Saturday or Sunday, looking at the ridiculousness of Sept 1 move-in and possibly wear dead animal skins and casting satanic spells in Juggalo facepaint.

ETA: OtherBen's description is also valid. But very jewy.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Ok, so I had the right idea for the most part. Minus the bit about riding around in animal skins and such. Hopefully I have staff available, so I can check this mess out. Thanks for the info.
    6kidz:Allston Christmas is Sept 1, when BC/BU/NEU/ETC students...

It's not just students (but mostly), but anyone who has to move, as the vast majority of leases in Boston run on the Aug 31/Sept 1 cycle. Add to this a few over sized vehicles stuck on Storrow Dr, and a Red Sox game, and shit just gets CRAZY. It actually won't be AS BAD this year because it falls on a weekend, so all the Mon-Fri work commuters are removed from the equation.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ben:I think this is an awesome day because it will be like the Wild Wild West. But with less guns. Which is kind of sad.

I can bring mine.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

tinyhonkshus:

HHAHAHA

I"M THE DEVILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also i call dibs on all of the cat paintings you guys find because i'll be touring thxMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    also, memorial ave will be closed on 9/1 due to it being a sunday. super extra awesome craziness.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^ oh yeah, forgot about that one!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorLyzard

Forgot about Mem Drive. Fuuuck. My moving truck better be here earrrrrly.
    ^ Dude. You're toast. You are moving into my 'hood; If you need any help, just give a shout. I know you got movers coming, but I'm nice guy and all that, and will still offer. 781-six-four-oh six-t00-one-ohAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013

wirktk88:Can someone inform me on what this is exactly? I have a vague understanding, but I'm not 100% sure.

6kidz:Allston Christmas is Sept 1, when BC/BU/NEU/ETC students move out of their apartments. They typically put a ton of shit on the curb that they haven't sold or given away. probably because it is too nice to throw right out into the dumpster or dumpsters are full. Some people go around collecting furniture and other junk that can be re-used or sold to scrap dealers, pawn shops, and craigslist. It's one of the worst days to be in Boston because traffic is crazy, people park illegally, and it's generally pretty chaotic. When I say traffic, I mean like 3 hours to move 1mi down Comm Ave traffic. It's quite a scene.

Also known as the Great Bedbug Migration.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

6kidz:...sold to scrap dealers, pawn shops, and craigslist.

who are you? do you sell pieces of wood to wood scrap "dealers"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013 edited

Nuggetross:
    6kidz:...sold to scrap dealers, pawn shops, and craigslist.

who are you? do you sell pieces of wood to wood scrap "dealers"?

Metal, Dave. People sell scavenged metal to scrap dealers because you can get a decent amount per pound depending on what it is. That's why every abandoned house in Detroit is stripped clean of pipes. That's why dudes in trucks did rounds around LI after the hurricane. Copper's over $3 per pound right now. Brass is a buck fifty. No clue how much sheet metal is going for, but appliances go by the pound.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ That's why there was that famous Nun incident with the fire escape, vaseline, and law suit.

http://nunhouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/mom-drops-f-bomb-sabotage-vaseline.htmlAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^^yeah, but do you remember who's saying this? do you think nuben is taking out copper pipes from allston slumlords? have you ever seen enough metal for this to be viable on allston christmas? i sure haven't.

and do you know who i am? do you think i know what scrapping is? jesus. i'm going to tattoo the inside of your p-hole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Nuggetross:^^yeah, but do you remember who's saying this? do you think nuben is taking out copper pipes from allston slumlords? have you ever seen enough metal for this to be viable on allston christmas? i sure haven't.

and do you know who i am? do you think i know what scrapping is? jesus. i'm going to tattoo the inside of your p-hole.

He never said he did any of this, you no-reading-comprehension-having jagoff.
    And if you do the rounds you probably could get enough scrap to make it worth your while. It depends on what your time is worth to you. Some people collect cans for 5 cents a pop, bruh.
    Sure, Ben talks out of his ass sometimes but this time he was right and you got called out so just take it like a man and shut the fuck up.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Every trash day, at least one scrap metal seeking pickup truck drives down my street. It's been like that for at least a year or more.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Davis, you don't know what you're talking about. I know you think you're the only person here who has studied environmental science, but you ain't.

Have you never seen the guys who drive around Boston and Cambridge with shitty pick-up trucks full of junk metal? It's all melted and recycled for $$$. I see people driving around Boston all the time with broken bed frames, 40lb magna mtbs, refridgerators, fixtures, anything that's heavy but not sitting in poured concrete. When I was working in green building administration, I would routinely see guys smuggling supplies off the job site, like trucks full of new rebar and sometimes construction waste. I thin it's fair to presume this was not excess for personal use.

Also, no one collects wood, except your mother."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

chr|s sedition:^ That's why there was that famous Nun incident with the fire escape, vaseline, and law suit.

http://nunhouse.blogspot.com/2010/08/mom-drops-f-bomb-sabotage-vaseline.html
    Also, this made me laugh inappropriately loud at work. Bravo.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

6kidz:Also, no one collects wood, except your mother.
    Well played.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

lol nuns.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

AND YESSSSS

i have dealt with scrappers before at neighborhood bike works. but i'm just saying, unless people are snatching that shit up fast, i have not seen scrappable junk on the sidewalk. it's all bed-bugged furniture, vhs sex tapes of your mom, lps of your mom's o-face, 8-traxxx of your mom's open source bj sounds, and cd-r's of your mom's best bone gifs.

I DON'T SEE WHAT THIS HAS TO DO WITH ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE. I'M NOT A SCIENTIST. I'M JUST AN ANAL-IST.
    joeyfresh:
    Nuggetross:^^yeah, but do you remember who's saying this? do you think nuben is taking out copper pipes from allston slumlords? have you ever seen enough metal for this to be viable on allston christmas? i sure haven't.

He never said he did any of this, you no-reading-comprehension-having jagoff.
    And if you do the rounds you probably could get enough scrap to make it worth your while. It depends on what your time is worth to you. Some people collect cans for 5 cents a pop, bruh.
    Sure, Ben talks out of his ass sometimes but this time he was right and you got called out so just take it like a man and shut the fuck up.

Speaking of, free cans at the Kells because I spaced on taking the recycling out last night.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i didn't remember to notice if our neighbors had their canz out (the boob cans, not the garbage cans) but...could the garbage truck even get down our street with all the construction??Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick

My dad likes to call this time of the year U-Hell. Though, uhaulakaust is pretty awesome.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    OK real talk, when are we doing this? I can borrow the surly trailer from the shop and carry anything people wanna scavenge.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

I'm available all day
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Down for sat or sun afternoon
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

Footbridge at noon, tomorrow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2013

chr|s sedition:
    Jawa outfits highly encouraged.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I'm free at nine o clock tonight. Tomorrow, same deal...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Felt compelled to repost from YouTwitFace:
    Fancymolding:
    Happy moving day everyone!

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman

I'm free all day git at me six fyve zero 77tree 7nyn 7four