Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

It says here that you sent her a message saying "I want you to blank my blank until I blank all over your blank".
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

6kidz:
    dora:and is perfect in addressing CP haters

I don't think CP means what you think CP means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP
    according to wikipedia it means everything from cheese pizza to cleopatra

according to google image search it means this

according to the stock exchange it means the Canadian Pacific Railway Limited

ACCORDING TO ME ITS MF CAPTAIN PICARD
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

ben:

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

HEY DORA

What does "blank my blank until I blank all over your blank" mean?

Signed,
    Confused Unless MistakenWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2013 edited

uhhh......i'll tell you when you're older, sonMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

joeyfresh:HEY DORA

What does "blank my blank until I blank all over your blank" mean?

Signed,
    Confused Unless Mistaken

Meet me on an AOL chat room...
    dora:

THIS IS THE BEST PICTUREDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2013

HEY DORA

http://scrolldowntoriker.com/

You're welcome.

xoxo,
    joeyfreshWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    YESYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2013

i tried to find Britney Spears' womanizer on youtube to put it on here but all i found were videos of 13 year olds dancing in their mirrors and singing to it.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^ Well, at least you didn't find the one of me doing that.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    yetDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Hey Dora,

So, last night I had an icky night at work, cause there were oodles of bad people milling about. Circa 3:30am I stopped for milk on the way home. As I was locking my spaceship (bike) up, this sticker was staring me in the face, and my spirits, they did soar!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, anyway, should I get after-burners for my spaceship?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013

HEY DORA

This is for you:

xoxo,
    Your #1 FanWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2013

surprisefries:yet

i will keep looking.

chr|s sedition:Hey Dora,

So, last night I had an icky night at work, cause there were oodles of bad people milling about. Circa 3:30am I stopped for milk on the way home. As I was locking my spaceship (bike) up, this sticker was staring me in the face, and my spirits, they did soar!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, anyway, should I get after-burners for my spaceship?

that rules! you should get aft-burners on your spaceship in the shape of this sticker :)

joey,
    that is awesome. who do you think looks the most miserable? Counselor Troi &... is that Q on the bottom middle? they look pretty bummed. :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2013

HEY DORA

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ That is mega.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2013

chr|s sedition:^ That is mega.

totally mega

looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow morning! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2013

inappropriate amounts of laughter at work @ "shut up wesley" OLOLOLOOL

SOOO GOOD!! Thank you dustin! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    When I saw it, I KNEW you'd love it!
    Dear Dora,

The MBTA in Boston was soliciting bids for naming rights to various stations. Apparently, there were no bids submitted by the deadline. When the rats run for cover, the true visionary steps in. Can BFG "buy" a subway station? Will you approve that expedature?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'm surprised AT&T didn't buy one and name it "AT&" T Station..

badum ching.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Sean, you are going to get hit.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I got yer back on this, Sean! lolzDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014

HEY DORA

I miss you.
    I also want to get the other stick n poke done.
    Maybe if 6kidz brings some Malort back from Chiberia, we can get weird and shit.

xoxo,
    joeyfreshWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^will watch againDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2014

chr|s sedition:Dear Dora,

The MBTA in Boston was soliciting bids for naming rights to various stations. Apparently, there were no bids submitted by the deadline. When the rats run for cover, the true visionary steps in. Can BFG "buy" a subway station? Will you approve that expedature?

Yes, yes i approve of this. we could use it to our advantage and call it the WATCH FOR BIKES BRO station.

joeyfresh:HEY DORA

I miss you.
    I also want to get the other stick n poke done.
    Maybe if 6kidz brings some Malort back from Chiberia, we can get weird and shit.

xoxo,
    joeyfresh

i miss you too! let's do that thing and get weird and have a party because i haven't seen many friends lately and that suxMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014

Hey! I'm back from my trip anddd, hi errebuddy? :D I am pleased to report that I repped both BFG and TSB on the daily

Also, which one of you dropped off a secret bday present of KAT KONG for me at my house today?!?! You are so nice, anonymous person who swore Paul to secrecy. Thank you so much!!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014 edited

I originally posted this to the wrong thread and doubt Dora saw it:
    pocky:Paging Dora:
    How the hell did I not know about Dark Materia? Click and turn your speakers way up.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2014

^WOWWWWW!!!

hahahahaha

WOW.

THANK YOU for sharing that :D

i hope it was originally in the w33d thread cuuuzzzz, yea :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014

Thoughts on this article, Dora?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

:) thank you for asking for my opinion :D this is totes an interesting, creatively written and cleverly laid out article and it gets the gears a'grindin in the ole noggin which is always good.

the analogy gets a little cheesy at points but obvy i'm a woman and i ride bikes so i can relate, and i see where she's trying to get at for the most part

"In places with great cycling infrastructure, it’s really easy to get around just as efficiently as driving. But most cities don’t have that."
    yes some places are more sexist than others, buttt...there isn't a single city on earth where it's "really easy" to be a non-dude. sooo....ok moving on...

"When you get hurt, it’s your fault now."
    rape/non-conformist gender role backlash analogy received. yes it's your fault for not being your standard "girl"/ not being careful/drinking too much/wearing what you wore/flirting/etc etc.

"These are just a few of the thousand little environmental microaggressions that you don’t have to deal with when you’re sitting behind the wheel of a car."
    legit

"Any individual one isn’t a big deal, and plenty of cyclists don’t pay active attention to them at all."
    disagree with this. 1 microagression ever, taken out of context may be whatevs but microagressions are a big deal, and we don't exist in a vacuum. 1 or 2 or 10 microagressions PER DAY are a big deal, and, like anything else, their effects are cumulative. there's not one non-dude that i know that doesn't pay active attention to microagressions, because it's REALLY hard not to. also, this statement is good proof that even in their own articles about how things are fucked up, women are really good at discounting their own validity and say, 'but you know, its NBD', and she continues to prove it when she says

"After a while you just kind of deal with it, because listing out these small annoyances mostly serves to make you feel bad.". right here, R CONFUSED. she's recommending to not confront/think about this shit b/c it makes you feel bad? women should "just kind of deal with" being demeaned via microagressions constantly? i'm sorry, WUT? yes, fighting an impossible uphill battle every second of your life is extremely exhausting and makes you "feel bad" (man) but, personally it's impossible for me to "just kind of deal with it". that actually pisses me off and then the end confuses me, straight up.

"At the end of the day, you can always hang up your helmet and declare bike commuting “a great idea and all, but just not worth it”. What if you didn’t have a choice?"
    so wait, the bike thing is feminism now? or the bike thing is still about being a non-dude in general?? and "What if you didn't have a choice?" i just don't get. What if you didn't have a choice about being a woman? well you do an you don't at the same time. What if you didn't have a choice about being a feminist?

Overall it's an interesting read. like it said it gets you thinking, so i'd give this a C, maybe a C+. No, a C. the effort is there i think, and i agree with the analogy in general. Just not quiiite there. Major points deducted for the "just deal with it" thing, unless i am totally not understanding the ending as a potential redemption for that?

anyone have other interpretations, especially on the end part??

thanks for sharing this, ben! what did you think of it?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014 edited

I took her comment about "any individual" microaggression not being a big deal as her saying, "On it's own, a single microaggression isn't really that bothersome, and people learn that they happen and don't let them have a significant impact when they're isolated." BUT, that multiple microaggressions added together are a big deal and do have a significant impact.
    I might interpret that as something like, "Encountering a single pothole on an otherwise well-paved street - Not a big deal. But when the street is littered with potholes, as is every other street you ride, suddenly those potholes - added together - are a ride-altering problem." Or, 'an individual man, one day out of the month, whistling at me when I walk somewhere isn't a big deal; there's jerks everywhere and I happened to run into one. Whatever. But when street harassment happens almost every day, and often multiple times a day, it is a big deal, and it does affect me and my life."

I also don't think she was saying you shouldn't list out small annoyances. She was saying that if doing so makes you feel bad, you don't do it. And I suspect you might feel bad for any one of multiple reasons - maybe you've been raised being told that girls don't complain; or been raised to think that this is 'normal' and you just have to 'deal with it'; or maybe you have complained but have realized that people act like you're "whining unnecessarily" about something; etc. So your feelings feel invalidated, and you just don't bother anymore.

And the very end, in my reading of it, is meant as a comment on the fact that, if you can relate to this as a cyclist, you are still able to stop being a cyclist if you want to. You can take off your helmet and hang up your bike and not have to deal with the shit bikers deal with. That is - as much as you might want to bike, you can choose not to. But if you're a woman, it's not a choice. And it's not something you can simply escape by 'taking off your helmet' (or 'taking off your skirt'). It's there, and you have to live with it and deal with it. Every day. Whether you want to or not.

I actually thought it was a really good article for me to read. Relating the issues women face almost every day to issues I face almost every day is a really valuable tool in helping me empathize and also check myself. That said, as much as I may want to empathize or understand, this was only one article written by one woman, and I was curious whether other women felt it a valid comparison. And I figured you'd have strong thoughts on it! Thanks for taking the time to respond.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

ben:

And the very end, in my reading of it, is meant as a comment on the fact that, if you can relate to this as a cyclist, you are still able to stop being a cyclist if you want to. You can take off your helmet and hang up your bike and not have to deal with the shit bikers deal with. That is - as much as you might want to bike, you can choose not to. But if you're a woman, it's not a choice. And it's not something you can simply escape by 'taking off your helmet' (or 'taking off your skirt'). It's there, and you have to live with it and deal with it. Every day. Whether you want to or not.

I actually thought it was a really good article for me to read. Relating the issues women face almost every day to issues I face almost every day is a really valuable tool in helping me empathize and also check myself. That said, as much as I may want to empathize or understand, this was only one article written by one woman, and I was curious whether other women felt it a valid comparison. And I figured you'd have strong thoughts on it! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

a ha! i get it now. so that ending was kind of breaking the 4th wall on the analogy! thank you, it makes more sense now. i was so confused. and that's actually a really good point, that this article could make this issue relate-able to ppl who otherwise might not have read or been moved by an article on this topic, like the bike bros pictured in the article (i thought that was an excellent photo choice :D). it's always good to CHECK YO SELF.

haha you were right that i'd have strong thoughts, and it was good to hear someone else's take on it. thanks again for sharing! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.