Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2013

So, this is becoming a thing. So far, three bfixters have earned berths in the semifinals in March.
    Now I've met most of the active posters here, and - let's be honest - there are some pretty talented, funny, and articulate people among you.
    I've seen your delight at using words and rhetoric for fun. I've noticed that many of you like having a crowd, and that even the introverts among you enjoy flipping wit on the sly. You are keen observers of people. I know that many of you have some pretty amazing stories to tell.

So here's my thought: let's stack the semifinals. spokenword and I won audience choice and 2nd place a few weeks ago. sedition took 2nd on Monday. How awesome would it be if we went to the semifinals and didn't care who won?
    This Sunday, I'll be at Doyle's at 6:30 for this week's slam. The theme is "spirit".

Here's a link, and if there's interest I'll post more. http://massmouth.ning.com/We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

btw, the grand prize for this thing is a week in a villa in Tuscany. I'm kind of whatev's on the prize, and am just in it for the chase. But, yeah, blood pact: if a BFGer wins this thing then BFG house party in Italy next year.

The Doyle's slams conflict with my D&D game (which is the nerdiest thing I've posted here in the history of ever) but I'm going to try and hit up as many of the Radio and Passim nights as I can.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

spokenword:The Doyle's slams conflict with my D&D game (which is the nerdiest thing I've posted here in the history of ever)

hahahah.
    awesome
    I now have to work a 15 hour shift on Sunday. I'm out for this one, but yeah, I am also going to hit up as many of these as I can. Somehow I think BEN would be really good at this.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    spokenword:The Doyle's slams conflict with my D&D game (which is the nerdiest thing I've posted here in the history of ever).

That's it. Game over. 2013 Post of the Year, right there.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorben

chr|s sedition:I now have to work a 15 hour shift on Sunday. I'm out for this one, but yeah, I am also going to hit up as many of these as I can. Somehow I think BEN would be really good at this.
    Me Ben or NuJuBen?

I have to work 3-8 that day :/I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    You Ben.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

^Agreedsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I told the story of my dick getting caught in the back of a downhill bike at a moth story telling things awhile back... cool story bro
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013

Morgie:I told the story of my dick getting caught in the back of a downhill bike at a moth story telling things awhile back... purple dick bro
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013

ano purple mtb dick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2013

I just found out that I'll be telling the first story of the night tonight as the "sacrificial teller". 7:00 at Doyle's.
    If anyone wants to come down, I'll buy you a drink.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    If only it were next Sunday (and earlier than 7, my kid has to go to bed and all).
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2013

Post videos, yo.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Can I come to heckle?
    No.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Bring it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

nerdo:Post videos, yo.
    Video of sedition doesn't appear to be up yet.
    I got extremely ill and feverish yesterday and had to bail on participating.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Sounds like me whenever there's a public gathering of bike people.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorjacktimo
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013

if a BFGer wins this thing then BFG house party in Italy next year.\

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013

Hey jacktimo, you should come next week. The theme is "people I fucking murdered" and I'm going to tell a story about you.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

btw, I'm going to be at Passim this Monday to do the opening story for "Lost"

http://massmouth.ning.com/events/season-v-club-passim-lost

come listen to the story of how I was branded a heretic at the tender age of nine.
    ^ I'm there. Have to leave 'round 8:30 for work.

Joe?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014

Crap. I am committed to dinner plans with the in-laws, wherein we will be asking them to buy us a house.
    Sedition, if you go will you record video or audio so I can see it? MassMouth only posts winners.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks