Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

^So existential!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    nerdo:^So existential!

I'm really depressed I missed this. Like, I might hurt myself. Or maybe just post an emo-tweet. Who are we? Who knows. But, we cry out for virtual attention and recognition.

We tweet. Therefor we are.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014 edited

Pain is what defines us. We are born so that we may die.

EDIT: Also, pancakes.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2014

For some reason whenever I go there I end up regretting not getting whatever breakfast item I didn't get. Last time I got a sweet one and wished I'd gotten a savory one all day, so this time I got an omelet and just wanted pancakes all day. Life is hard.

Party breakfast is always nice, though! Cool seeing you all."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Ya coulda had some of my 'cakes, I was over-full but they were good.

When Cris and I (coincidentally arrived at the same time) walked in she was all, "You're waiting for a few more, right?" And then made one or two other comments like she knew we were the Brakefast Kr3w.

nerdo:^So existential!

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    my dad had that mustache when I was littlei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

When Cris and I (coincidentally arrived at the same time) walked in she was all, "You're waiting for a few more, right?" And then made one or two other comments like she knew we were the Brakefast Kr3w.
    funny since that's like the first time I ever got breakfast at VG. usually I can't be arsed to stumble further than Inman when looking for wake up foods. But she was probably all, "cyclists, it's like mice. There's never just one."

So we going back there again next month or do we wanna go somewhere new? Friendly Toast maybe? Or going off Nandy's idea about watching the Cat 6 hijinks at Beacon and Cambridge St., we could just all meet up at Rosie's and have cowbells ready while watching the morning Tour De Fuck You.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

Nandy:For some reason whenever I go there I end up regretting not getting whatever breakfast item I didn't get. Last time I got a sweet one and wished I'd gotten a savory one all day, so this time I got an omelet and just wanted pancakes all day. Life is hard.

Party breakfast is always nice, though! Cool seeing you all.

i was looking at your savory breakfast wishing I had gone with that instead of the french toast. D'OH! :D Maybe we should have tradedMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

o0o0 i'd totally have bfast at the friendly toast or somewhere new! Yelp says they open at 8am. That works for me as long as I don't have any meetings before 10. Also maybe we could do area 4 some time? I have heard their pastries and baked goods are realllllllllllllly good but i've never actually been there (is there a place to sit?). also flour on mass ave in central! never been there either. for some fast b fast. omg in the summer we could get food an then sit outsideeeeeeeeeeeeeee yesssssMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Can confirm, A4's baked goods (and coffee) are the jam. And there is kinda communal table seating, probably won't be an issue early on a weekday?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I find it rather frustrating that people in my lab insist on going to S'bux even though A4 is the same distance in the opposite direction, though it maybe takes 1 extra minute to get there.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

we should go!

oh man that shit drives me crazy. it's like the people who walk RIGHT BY twin donuts in order to get dunkin donuts inside of the tedesci's next door. RLY BRO?!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    It always baffled me that dunkin opened a store right next to another donut shop...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

It is to kill the other donut shop. Dunkin' Donuts are the mafia of donut shops.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)

that's straight up business competition 101. Open a store next to your competition, and draw their customers away. At worst, you lose money on an unprofitable store that still winds up diverting some customers from your competition. At best, you kill the competitor and you get dibs on the location. That's also one reason why there are, like, three Starbucks in Harvard Square.

Area 4 restaurant doesn't open for breakfast except for Sundays (and their Veggie Hot Mess at brunch is fanfuckingtastic, btw) but I'm up for dropping by there for a quick coffee + breakfast sammich combo. I'm also good with 8am at Friendly Toast so long as we can order right away rather than wait for stragglers. There's a Flour right near my work in Fort Point, so I'm a little less keen on the Mass Ave one, but if y'all want fancy-pants pastries, then there's also the Tatte bakeries that've been opening near Kendall. I used to swing by their Brookline place way back when and their tarts and brioches were always awesome.
    OH SHIIIIIITTT friendly toasttttNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Wait wait wait, there's a Tatte in Brookline? This changes everything! I keep going to the one in Kendall, which is dumb if I live in Rozzie (as I do).Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    spokenword:that's straight up business competition 101. Open a store next to your competition, and draw their customers away. At worst, you lose money on an unprofitable store that still winds up diverting some customers from your competition. At best, you kill the competitor and you get dibs on the location. That's also one reason why there are, like, three Starbucks in Harvard Square.

Starbucks officially called this practice the "cannibalization of a neighborhood."All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    There are 4 sbux in hsqYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

nerdo:Wait wait wait, there's a Tatte in Brookline? This changes everything! I keep going to the one in Kendall, which is dumb if I live in Rozzie (as I do).

what's tatte?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014 edited

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tatteWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2014

^^Dora, prepare to replace your bodily fluids with pure butter, one croissant at a time: tattebakery.comWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    You know Dora is vegan, right?^YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2014 edited

Oh shit. Uh. Well. They make a nice latte soy chai?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    she doesn't eat soy either
    YOU MONSTERYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2014

NNnnnnnooooooooo!!!!!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2014

I had a wonderful almond milk latte the other day."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2014

nerdo:Oh shit. Uh. Well. They make a nice latte soy chai?

haha wait vegans still like lattes! :D

also i am like 90% vegan, which makes me a vegetarian technically :( i can have like, 1 serving of soy milk every month or two so i have to choose wisely! dunking a well-disguised pound of butter in a soy latte sounds like a good time :D

Nandy:I had a wonderful almond milk latte the other day.

:O omg andy where did you get it? they're never open early enough but i know FoMu has espresso drinks & almond milk. and veggie galaxy might too? but i'm not sure.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Ride Studio. Figured I was all the way out there, might as well spend on the fancy shit. It was so good I might start looking for local places that have it, after I win the lottery or get my company to start paying a living wage (LOL)."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

oh hell yea!

also lol/:( haha

oh yea! that place uh...wtf is the...high rise! has their own house made almond milk but it SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX just like everything else there :/ i'd prefer just about any coffee over their coffee or espresso. so don't be fooled. BFast will never be at that place. you should read alex's yelp review for them though :D you'll know which one it is hahaMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i was so tired and hungover this morning that i got a ginormous twin donuts coffee and bfast sammitch. it was exactly what i needed. i love that placeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    First wed of month is next week. Let's get cracking on ideas. New venue?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014

In for VG or Friendly Toast
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2014

What about Victoria's Diner in Newmarket?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

+1 for friendly toast"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I will be in Maine unfortunately

D:Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

South of the river folks, do you even exist?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    the only place south of the river I eat breakfast is Sorellas and thats mostly because I live next to it.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Would prefer VG/FT but can do VD, though it'd be real hard to get there before 8am.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'd eat breakfast there sometime. We'll make J-fresh join us.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

yea, if it's not like ON my way to work i prob will not make it

lemme know whatever y'all decide. i have to be at work by 8:30 on wednesday for a thing, so i might just drop by to say hi and get something to go if i make it at allMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

That said, I like VG and FT. I'll try to be there, wherever it is.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Ok. Pink elephant. VG seems to work the best. Let's just do that???All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014

I am down with that. 7:30 like last time?
    Done.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    in!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    what is VG, veggie galaxy?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Yurp.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

shit, audit might be getting rescheduled. i may be able to come hangMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    woooooooDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D