Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013

Just got this email (added emphasis is mine):
    -------------------------------------------------------

Riders -

We have opened registration for 2014. About 30 of you noticed before we even had a chance to send out this note! Thank you all.

Early registration helps us a lot, and we pass the cost savings on to you. At the same time, we're never going to become like Ironman Lake Placid or similar events where you have to sign up 364 days in advance.

Entry fee is the same as last year. The 160K is in fact the 150K - same course, we were just shortchanging your mileage!

The rides that eat lunch at Green River (that is, the 100K, 115K, and 180K) will be capped at a total of 1000 riders. The 160K has lunch in Rowe, and we are working on a 110K-ish course out there as well. These courses open up a bunch of new turf, and our expectation is that enough people will try these newer routes so that the rider limits will never be an issue.

Once again, thank you all for your patronage. The proceeds from the 2013 event allowed the Land Trust to put aside 1200 acres of Franklin County land. Or, phrased differently, each person who showed up to ride this year put aside an entire acre of land to be forever used for agriculture, forestry, or open space.

Anyhow, have a great winter, and we will be in touch as the road dry up this spring.....I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Helllll yeah. That's awesome. I'm actually gonna do this again this year.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2013

last year i said this year.
    now i'm saying next year.
    need a bike.