Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Am I too late to be added? I BETTER NOT BE OR SOMEONE'S GETTING AN ANONYMOUS TURD IN A BOX.
    josh_truant:Am I too late to be added? I BETTER NOT BE OR SOMEONE'S GETTING AN ANONYMOUS TURD IN A BOX.

Um. It's not exactly anonymous if you posted that it was going to happen. We're all going to think it was you even if it isn't you who does it.
    ^ I endorse this posti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    It's still anonymous if I don't put a name on it according to dictionary definition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013 edited

Updated list bumped. Will close it tonight around 8.

joeyfresh:It's that time of year again!
    Want to get something awesome or weird for someone you might not know IRL?
    Whisper names to participate and you'll be matched up.
    Suggest dates and times.
    In the past, we've mobbed the Pru (indoors by the big tree) and Craig's house. Alexi also may have shown his balls to someone.

Current participants:
    (Post below to be added!)
    1. Epic!
    2. joeyfresh
    3. James88
    4. Sedition
    5. killersim
    6. t-honks
    7. Rachel
    8. eburgers
    9. Andy
    10. Peej
    11. Mick
    12. nuben
    13. Alexi
    14. Dora
    15. ryan t
    16. tyler
    17. rock death
    18. tristan
    19. maggiefresh
    20. Jannea
    21. katdaley
    22. nuggetross
    23. Craiggles
    24. ladyfriendKate
    25. ben
    26. Gilbert
    27. Valerie
    28. josh_truant
    29. Paolo
    etc

Also, if you do not want to be accidentally matched up with the person you got last year, please WHISPER the name and I'll make sure it's different.

See this first post for updates on participants.

Also, props to Epic for reminding me about this.
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Holy shit that is big.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    josh_truant:It's still anonymous if I don't put a name on it according to dictionary definition.

You're still a poop bandit according to urban dictionary definitionYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013

chr|s sedition:Holy shit that is big.
    That's what they all say.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm dangerously and annoyingly stoked about this."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

ben:
    chr|s sedition:Holy shit that is big.
    That's what they all say.
    He's never heard it before, though. #bostonirish #throwbackpeendayWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013 edited

Subtle gift idea for benI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo

I'm in.
    ^ was wondering where you been.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2013

despite me not knowing where this is, i should be on that list. i am still confused. whatever, someone is getting awesome for a gift.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

So uh, is it too late to add Nat? Looks like there's an odd number signed up now."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

I think we should extend the registration deadline a week or 2
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Yeah or you can add the late people onto a late list, though that's less fun for the late people."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013 edited

Okay y'all, I obviously dropped the ball this weekend with assignments. Long weekend of traffic and manual labor out of state. Apologies. I'll do them up today and fb message or text those I have contact info for and whisper the rest.

Alex, the reason we can't wait another week or two is because hand made gifts take time and we want to allow for that.

Sedition and Evan: since you can see whispers, I'm obviously not whispering yours.

One of you will be assigned me and I'll ask you to pick someone and trade with them so I won't know who it is. Alternatively, you could agree to trade and then not do it. Because I would have assumed you to trade, it would still be a surprise. Life is full of wonder and mystery.

Anyone who wants to be added after this afternoon will be accommodated on a case-by-case basis and we'll make it happen.

Current participants:
    1. Epic!
    2. joeyfresh
    3. James88
    4. Sedition
    5. killersim
    6. t-honks
    7. Rachel
    8. eburgers
    9. Andy
    10. Peej
    11. Mick
    12. nuben
    13. Alexi
    14. Dora
    15. ryan t
    16. tyler
    17. rock death
    18. tristan
    19. maggiefresh
    20. Jannea
    21. katdaley
    22. nuggetross
    23. Craiggles
    24. ladyfriendKate
    25. ben
    26. Gilbert
    27. Valerie
    28. josh_truant
    29. Paolo
    30. Nat
    31. smoothness
    32. Smashley
    etc

xoxo

ETA: I think 31 people is a record for participation. I love it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013

Smashley said she wanted to participate
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^uh, her name is trashman.
    joeyfresh:
    Sedition and Evan: since you can see whispers...

Whoa. That is news to me. We can??? I've never observed that.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Chris, at least some mods used to be able to see everybody's whispers.
    Maybe after Buckley and Bachez went on their limp dicked power trip and Lauren cleaned house she changed the settings for new mods.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

There was also a special secret mod thread where they would complain about other non-admin posters."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Im peetty sure the whisper thing was untrue, lauren always said that was impossiblesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I heard that when Mods buy YooHoo they get the real YooHoo that tastes like chocolate milk, not the watery crap we plebs have to drink.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

paul jameson:I heard that when Mods buy YooHoo they get the real YooHoo that tastes like chocolate milk, not the watery crap we plebs have to drink.

totes plebsMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

paul i was still laughing about that poop joke this morningMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

whoever paul gets for secret satan, he's going to make poop fall out of your shortsMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

All assignments sent. As far as I know, almost all requests were able to be accommodated.
    And the random number generator made some truly wonderful pairings this year.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    seanile mick:Im peetty sure the whisper thing was untrue, lauren always said that was impossible

This is how I remember it. I definitely cannot see any whispers except my own. Unless I am lying and I do read all the whispers.

Also there isn't a secret mod thread, that I know of (this time I am lying, it's how we distribute the real YooHoo). But there is a long-buried moderator notes thread, as well as a mod q&a thread. Neither has been used in some time.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013 edited

I think there's a setting in Vanilla that allows certain users to see whispers. Maybe admins? Normal mods shouldn't be able to. I remember this happening once when Lauren was first made a mod.

EDIT: Found it.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    dora:whoever paul gets for secret satan, he's going to make poop fall out of your shorts

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

No meat stuff plz.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2013 edited

Firefly is hosting a "project" revealing thingy for our own 49teeth starting at 7 on the same night as this. Ill be going to this before the gifting if anyone else wants to roll too.

https://m.facebook.com/events/557443791001228somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2013

Hey Joe - thanks for organizing this. And for doing it early enough that people actually have time to get/make shit. (I feel like we all would have remembered in like mid-December.) It's a really awesome tradition.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ^ Whatever. You're like duper-super totally bailing before it even happens.
    "Sycophant!" -RykAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I accidentally had my gift supplies shipped to a non-existant address in Connecticut, so I apologize in advance if I am late on my gift. I will make sure there is an interim gift.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2013

hahaha that's awesomeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013

So this was just delivered to me from another office in my building

I'm kind of afraid to open it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

No, Ben. Open it.

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben

Spoiler alert - it's empty. It's just a cube of print outs of people with cats?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Ben is too dumb to recognize a "family portrait picture cube," for desk, coffee table, or van dashboard use, when he sees one. The Fool! It is supposed to be admired and adorned, bringing "cat-cube cheer" to any environment, not opened like some Pandora's Box!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Joe, how many BFG accounts do you have?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Oooooh, I like this idea. Secret Satan, change your name to "Ben's Secret Satan" so others can create new handles to taunt their giftees...We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

rock death: It's not me, dude.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Are we talking about dick, or what?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

1) cut a hole in the box
    idk joe, you post a comment on ben's fb photo explaining it, and then a mystery account very nearly restates what you said?

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013 edited

Ben's SS texted me to request that I make a point of clarification to Ben. I didn't get to it right away, but eventually posted almost the exact words that Ben's SS texted me to Ben's fb page. Then, I check the forums and realize that Ben's SS posted something here in the interim. You think I'd be careless enough to out myself like that?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks