Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

tweedledum:
    rock death:

That's Tyler, and Sue. He had a bike shop in Somerville for a while.

This is Chris. He raced and I think he had a pinarello.

Elvis PK

Is "Sue" the "Suzie" who rode a red white and blue Fuji back in the early 90s?
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2013

Cheez:

The person in this picture ran the ice-cream truck that was parked in on Boylston front of the Public Garden at the corner of Arlington St. Circa 91/92...
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2014

tweedledum:
    Cheez:

The person in this picture ran the ice-cream truck that was parked in on Boylston front of the Public Garden at the corner of Arlington St. Circa 91/92...

omg. this just dawned on me. that is tyler from paramount bikes! he was so nice and helped me out a lot when i had $0

i also just noticed the crotch blowout on the jeans on the dude standing up. damnMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015

It's that time of year again!
    Celebrate your seasonal depression and encroaching feelings of doom with your family of choice rather than your family of origin. Think of it as a pregame for watching your uncle say racist things.

Here's how it works, for anyone who's never participated:
    1) You whisper me that you're coming by Wednesday 11/18 and I add you to the list posted here.
    2) Once the list is final, I will randomize and whisper you the name of your giftee.
    3) Keep gift value below $20, and feel free to whisper if you don't know your giftee and need ideas.
    4) If you have anyone you'd like to specifically request, please let me know. It can almost certainly be granted.

I am 100% willing to host at my place in JP, and suggest Friday 12/18 for the date. If anyone has any objections to either, let it be known. Otherwise, I'm calling it for that date and location on Monday.

xoxo

Current participants:
    1) joeyfresh
    2) maggiefresh
    3) ...We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

In.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015 edited

in!

no allergies or dietary restrictionsi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ

In
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

in"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015 edited

Also, put the word out to bfixed fam who aren't regular visitors anymore.

Current participants:
    1) joeyfresh
    2) maggiefresh
    3) ben
    4) t-honks
    5) MJ
    6) 6kidz
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015

in! allergic to nuts (deez nuts especially)
    So in

Kate is in tooNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I can't commit but I'ma try real hard to make it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

Current participants:
    1) joeyfresh
    2) maggiefresh
    3) ben
    4) t-honks
    5) MJ
    6) 6kidz
    7) tyler (allergic 2 yr nutz)
    8) Craiggles
    9) Kate
    10) surprisefries (maybe)
    11)
    12)
    13)...
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Do I really even have to RSVP? In.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015 edited

Bumping original post

joeyfresh:It's that time of year again!
    Celebrate your seasonal depression and encroaching feelings of doom with your family of choice rather than your family of origin. Think of it as a pregame for watching your uncle say racist things.

Here's how it works, for anyone who's never participated:
    1) You whisper me that you're coming by Wednesday 11/18 and I add you to the list posted here.
    2) Once the list is final, I will randomize and whisper you the name of your giftee.
    3) Keep gift value below $20, and feel free to whisper if you don't know your giftee and need ideas.
    4) If you have anyone you'd like to specifically request, please let me know. It can almost certainly be granted.

I am 100% willing to host at my place in JP, and suggest Friday 12/18 for the date. If anyone has any objections to either, let it be known. Otherwise, I'm calling it for that date and location on Monday.

xoxo

Current participants:
    1) joeyfresh
    2) maggiefresh
    3) ben
    4) t-honks
    5) MJ
    6) 6kidz
    7) tyler (allergic 2 yr nutz)
    8) Craiggles
    9) Kate
    10) surprisefries (maybe)
    11) Sedition
    12)
    13)...We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2015

Someone want to text Alexi? I'm sure he's in."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I was thinking that we should make a closed, invite-only fb event to reach the folx who aren't regularly on here anymore. For Alexi, texting is probably best.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

^I saw Alexi at Ace and we both said "see you at the secret satan!" so I think it's safe to assume he's in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

How long ago? Because I just texted him after I made that post and I need him to confirm with me so I can put him on the list.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:I was thinking that we should make a closed, invite-only fb event to reach the folx who aren't regularly on here anymore. For Alexi, texting is probably best.

Done and done

https://www.facebook.com/events/899705793440261/Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

tyler:^I saw Alexi at Ace and we both said "see you at the secret satan!" so I think it's safe to assume he's in.

I said the same thing when I saw him at Market Basket!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    *BUMP* Deadline is this Wed.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I'm in!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    in - see y'all then
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015

What about Obo? baumann? alex c? jimi?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Konrad said he's in on FBi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015

Deadline extended to Friday because I've got a minor crisis on my hands. Will reach out to galex, Obo, and Jimi.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2015

6kidz:What about Obo? baumann? alex c? jimi?
    I - or someone - invited baumann on FB.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    I did, haven't heard back. Obo is also invited on FB as well as Galex.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Rough idea of when we're gonna hear who our match is?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I saw Pete at CB today and invited him.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2015

Soon. I am still having a crisis. Probably tomorrow.
    Sorry about delay.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015 edited

Best Secret Satan gift yet:
    Elderly Woman Arrested for Making Purses out of Neighbors' "Missing" Cats
    “She said the first handbag turned out so beautiful, that she kind of got hooked on it,” said Detective John Williams of the Grand Haven, Michigan Police Department.
    ETA: Sadly, it seems this is a fake news site but cat purses are a real thing.

In other news, for anyone who's expects to be in the WNY area (paging Nandy), I am going to carry on the tradition and have a party of my own the first week of December.
    But it's not going to be a Secret Satan. It's going to be a Yankee Satan Swap.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015

Yes, let me know when you figure out a date!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015

Will do! I'm thinking maybe this Sunday the 6th.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Joe, just need to check in about this. I know you are dealing with some stuff right now. What are your thoughts?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I can't personally deal with taking over right now (also cannot host unless v babby soft) but if we can't get assignments figured out we could do a yankee swapi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2015

If there's less than 20 ppl, we can definitely do assignments easily, no?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I vote for changing it to a Yankee swap if necessary. Joe if you need to change location, let us know, we understand and can plan accordingly. Hope either way you'll attend!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben

I could potentially host at my place if needed; would have to confirm with housemates first though.

(Not trying to take hosting away, just putting it out there if it helps)I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2015

Hi.
    I really wanted to do this and I can't. Things are not what they were when I started planning. I think I have to go check myself into a hospital. I'm not currently in mortal danger, but I have to do something.
    Whoever is taking charge, let me know. I can still participate but I might not be able to deliver my gift until the new year. I can try, though, to get it together by Friday if assignments are done then.
    I'm really sorry. I had no intention of letting everyone down. I just won't be able to attend or host. Probably won't be in town at all. Sorry. I was really looking forward to this.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ Joe, no worries. Is there any chance you could send the list of participants to someone? Or even just post the whole list here? We can get someone else to do the pairings, host, etc. Do what you need to.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Let's nail a host down. A few people said they could do it. Who is going to *own* it?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Just to add even though I'm not going- Joe, I don't think anyone is let down or disappointed in the least. We all would be happier knowing you're safe and healthy rather than forcing you stress through organizing a silly party. Parties are a team effort anyway, thanks for getting this one started and I'm sure someone else would be glad to pick up the torch."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ

I'll deal with the randomizing and sending out info to people if the list gets up.
    No worries Joe! Thanks for stepping up, MJ! I can be host of last resort, I guess, but don't particularly want to own it. Ben first.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ

tinyhonkshus:No worries Joe! Thanks for stepping up, MJ! I can be host of last resort, I guess, but don't particularly want to own it. Ben first.

Also, just in case everything doesn't get together in time, the yankee swap idea (I'm not 100% on how those work) might be a more viable option just so no one that comes is left out since this might end up being short notice in terms of assignments for some.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015

Nandy:Just to add even though I'm not going- Joe, I don't think anyone is let down or disappointed in the least. We all would be happier knowing you're safe and healthy rather than forcing you stress through organizing a silly party. Parties are a team effort anyway, thanks for getting this one started and I'm sure someone else would be glad to pick up the torch.
    +100

I'm checking with roommates now, but it is very subject to their disapproval.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    joeyfresh:Hi.
    I really wanted to do this and I can't. Things are not what they were when I started planning. I think I have to go check myself into a hospital. I'm not currently in mortal danger, but I have to do something.
    Whoever is taking charge, let me know. I can still participate but I might not be able to deliver my gift until the new year. I can try, though, to get it together by Friday if assignments are done then.
    I'm really sorry. I had no intention of letting everyone down. I just won't be able to attend or host. Probably won't be in town at all. Sorry. I was really looking forward to this.

Joe, no problem whatsoever. Take care of you first. That's way more important to all of us.

MJ, let me know if there's anything I might be able to help with.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015

If a member can't host, we could probably find a low key bar to do this in, no? Bus Stop Pub comes to mind. Or maybe Courtside in Cambridge? Something divey with plenty of room.