Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Listen my children and you will hear,
    Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere.
    On the 18th of April in '75,
    Hardly a man is now alive,
    Who remembers that famous day and year.

To celebrate the 239th anniversary of Paul Revere's famous ride north through the suburbs of Boston, and Urban AdvenTours' 10th birthday, we're organizing a midnight ride north into the suburbs of Boston, mimicking the horseback trek that began the American revolution.

This ride will NOT be supported. It's just for fun and to learn some history, have a good time, etc.
    Nonetheless, helmet and lights are required. A waiver is not.
    You are responsible for your own transportation back from the end of the ride. I will do my best to get everyone to Concord in time to make the train (if you go 9mph the whole way, you'll make it with 10 minutes to spare) but I can't guarantee the train will hang around for stragglers. I also had it happen that the train came through 10 minutes ahead of schedule one time. I will also be happy to ride back with anyone who wants to do so.

We will follow this course off into the night.

Facebook event here

Tentative schedule is as follows: expect changes.

7:00-7:30: meet at Paul Revere Mall
    7:30 SHARP - Depart.
    7:45 - Charlestown
    8:15-8:30 - Medford Square
    9:00-9:45 - Arlington Center/begin Minuteman
    10:00-10:15 - Battle Green Lexington
    10:30 - Minuteman Nat'l park
    11:00 - Concord!
    11:12 - Commuter Rail return or return via the minuteman path

Suggestions welcome for how to make this more awesome for you/anyone else. It's a work in progress.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2014 edited

Holy shit, paging Chris Sedition for period re-enactment advice.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I'm calling fish outta water on that Bixi.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    I fully intend to dress up for this.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    pocky:Holy shit, paging Chris Sedition for period re-enactment advice.

#1 Rule for reenacting advice: First, get drunk.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    drunk history, live!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

surprisefries:drunk history, live!
    I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2014

I imagine that every re-enactment that Chris participates in is exactly like this South Park episode where the civil war re-enactors are all getting drunk on peppermint schnapps:
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103752/a-refueled-confederacy::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Yo modskis, wanna sticky this?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    It's a while away, generally things don't get stickied until 2 weeks out, maybe a month.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Cool. Feels closer!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    2 weeks, suckas. Get some new shoes for your horses.

TIME CHANGE

now leaving at 7:30 to accommodate a more relaxed pace.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014

This is past, right? Unsticky!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Shout out to Paolo and Dan and the other bfixxers who came out the other night - great fun.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt