Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014 edited

This is happening again, with all the usual stuff - lots of bikes, gear and parts from various vendors, lots cupcakes and whoopee pies in the bake sale, and lots of awesome raffle prizes!

Facebook event page HERE!

General Admission is $2 per person and the event is open to the public from 6-10pm.

Vendor Spaces are $30 in advance and $35 day-of and vendors may begin loading in at 3pm. Parking garages and metered spaces are available in the area.

Vendor spaces are 6 ft. x 6 ft. and vendors may sign up for multiple spaces. Any tables, chairs, or displays must be provided by the vendor.

To register in advance, register here!

Hope to see you there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2014

Date, time, and location to save people valuable link-clicking time:
    Friday, March 28, 2014
    6:00pm until 10:00pm
    Headquarters Boston
    12 Channel Street::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2014

it would be awesome to get some flyers and/or postcard like thingies to pass out about this. I think that is event could use a little advertising boost, last time it seemed like everyone was their to sell but not many people came to buy. I feel like dropping some flyers at coffee shops etc would be a win win for everyone.
    i think this is the most up to date flyer:
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014

what are the requirements for sponsorship?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014

Donating something to the raffle."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014

^INMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

oh shit that reminds me; i'll send you the logo via fb message nowMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Nandy:Donating something to the raffle.

How does one donate to this raffle?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2014 edited

Get in touch with any b2c2 person, asap if you want on the flyer!

The ones I know of on here are me, killersim, and ratattack."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    CRAIG WHAT ABOUT MINEYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    NATALIE SAID SHE MAILED IT

SHE QUIT SO I WILL CHECK ON THAT

SORRY

EMAIL ME AGAINNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Nandy:Get in touch with any b2c2 person, asap if you want on the flyer!

The ones I know of on here are me, killersim, and ratattack.

EMAIL ME WHERE I SHOULD SEND THINGS. I can probably send in a couple t-shirts and water bottles?
    craig@bourbondadventures.com but the right websiteNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Thanks! I let the team know, I could pick things up at the shop whenever if that's easiest."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    That sounds reasonable. I will talk to the boss about maybe getting a Jersey instead. I'll let you know when I've got stuffs in a bag for you.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I EMAILED YOUYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    after talking to mike this weekend, email one of us with thing you'd be willing to donate, and preferably a jpeg or vector file of your logo so we can put it on the flier. Mike also told me that any donations for the raffle would be best brought directly to HQ the day of the swap a little early because taking it to Back Bay will just get it lost/destroyed/eaten. If you can't make it to the swap early, just coordinate with one of us to pick it up and stash it so we can bring it on your behalf.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    That should work fine - I'll email the email on the flyer?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorMuzz_Dan
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014

Careful they may eat the Jersey....
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

uhNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues

rock dathe:

"This is Precious Roy, and who filled up my bathtub with this cheap jelly?!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014 edited

From Lauren:

" Some of you may have heard that a local cyclist, Sharon, was hit by a car that ran a red light yesterday [a few days ago] while riding in Concord. Mo has been posting status updates and has been in touch with her family. From what we know, her helmet saved her life but her face is really badly banged up, she was in surgery for 10-12 hours yesterday and it went okay but there were some complications. Her back and knee may have also sustained some injuries. I've been talking to Mo and a few other people and we'd like to a) get a get-well card drive going and also b) do some fundraising. It sounds like she'll be in the ICU for a while and will need a lot of medical care."

There will be a card drop off at the Swap, and the proceeds from the bake sale will be donated to her medical care. Please bring a get well card and an appetite for cookies!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014 edited

Thanks to Andy and Alex for answering questions for me, sorry I'm not on here as much since I started grad school. I'll be checking in more often before the swap but you can also email me at lauren.j.kling [at] gmail if you have questions.

Thank you Dora and Craig for donating items to the raffle!

Seconded on what Andy said - even if you don't know her, we would really love to get a lot of cards together for Sharon so that she knows the local bike community is rooting for her. Last I heard she's still in the ICU with family-only as visitors so we'd really like to let her know we're thinking of her.

Morgan - teammates report they've been posting fliers in bike shops, coffee shops, etc from here to NoHo. We've also been reaching outside of the Boston area and contacting anyone we can think of to get as many attendees as possible - I've heard the same comments from other vendors. It's also the ECCC Xpot weekend so we're hoping lots of collegiate riders will be coming to buy stuff and hang out!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014 edited

ugh that is terrrrrrrrribleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :( :(

but i feel a little better knowing my impending overconsumption of lauren's delicious baked goods will benefit a good causeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Fuck, that is bad news. I'll definitely be bringing a card or three.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2014 edited

Update on the bad news: Sharon is out of the ICU but I believe still in the hospital. Reports are that she's "talking/making sense". Hooray! Please please please do bring cards to wish her well!

Also - one week till the swap! Get stoked! & get a vendor spot if you want one, spaces are filling up fast and pre-reg closes Wednesday night!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014 edited

My bad."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    classic Kras-man.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

best post.
    .Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

Sorry for being a smeagol !"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    just edit the post and whisper it to yourself if you really want it gone'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I just assumed he knows that and is joking?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014

SO MUCH for sale! Rotor Cranks, 6500 cranks, bianchi pista complete, a couple of hybrids, RB-1 frameset.... Holla!
    Oh hi baggie of choc chip pudding cookies waiting in my bag at 1:30 am nom nom nom nom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2014 edited

Lauren (and the whole b2c2 crew!) I barely had a chance to say hi lastnight but many many thanks for putting this one! You rock!
    Rad time at the swap. Thanks so much to everyone involved in putting this on!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014

Whatever was in those vegan carrot cupcakes was flavor sorcery."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014

Did anyone pick up by accident, or find, some 26 inch mtb wheels? XTR hubs Rhyno lite front rim, Mavic 519 rear., with tires and cassette.

This was toward the end of the evening. Please whisper if you might know where they are. Basically they were being shown to a potential buyer, put down for a minute and then disappeared.

TIA :)