Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Earth Crisis sticker. Girl Skateboards tattoo. Really big phones, that are actually smaller than the ones we have today.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

i have been MIA for many reasons but one of them is b/c i went on my dream vaca to Moab (it was like a month ago, but it still counts). MTB til i died every day for a week. obsessed.
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^Canyonlands national park, island in the sky districtMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

awesome. go out there and get those dreams.
    SplooshDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2015

a coworker drove through moab recently and now all i can think about is taking a long weekend in the spring and heading out there to ride! jealous, dora!
    • CommentAuthortristan

dont let your dreams be dreamsascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

How did I not see that pic from Dora's vacation?
    Fuck. Tristan, remember when we were going to do that?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

Still want to explore down there!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

We should figure something out.
    Unfortunately, I'm balling on a budget so I have no idea when I'll be able to sport that.
    Getting the fatbike will get me partly there, though.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I have always wanted to go there. It's on my bucket list. Dora, I hate you.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2015

anyone able to do a long weekend in moab in march? (it's like a 6 hour drive for me and probably a few dozen degrees warmer than wy, so i'm into it/probs won't have left this town since december and will be going crazy)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2015

Who has suggestions for visiting Yosemite?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    It's pretty sweet inthe wintersomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

I'd be going in June...I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015 edited

I'm going to Portland OR for two weeks (Jan 26th to Feb 11th) and staying with my friend who lives in Sellwood. Bfixed expats, you want to get together?

Oh, also, a_lion, I'm coming to Jackson Hole from January 6th to 13th to do a lot of skiing and I know that's not horribly far away from you, by Wyoming standards.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015

4 1/2 - 5 hours... are you bringing skis? if so are they the wide-as-fuck ones? i haven't skiied out here yet but i brought my skis and wonder if they're not up to powder or what.
    i...assume you're coming with people and don't want a rando on your floor for a night or two? (assuming the roads are open around rawlins then - highway was just closed for 4 days straight. making me scared about planning my moab bike trip!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015 edited

It's a BU students-and-alumni trip but it's open to everyone. If you wanted to come for a whole week it's a killer deal ($770 without airfare, including 7 nights lodging and 5 days of skiing, $50 more for the 6th day of skiing), but if you wanted to come for just a couple of days I could ask the organizer and probably find you a deal.

What kind of stuff do you like to ski and exactly what skis do you own? You would be fine on "East Coast" skis because there's always runs that will be groomed. And people always *used* to ski powder on narrower skis "back in the day" -- you just have to "lean back". If you decide you really want to shred pow you could always rent something wider or really luck out and happen upon a free demo day. I'm bringing my Volkl Bridge 2014's. Not quite wide-as-fuck, but pretty wide by East Coast standards. Demoed them two seasons ago at a demo day and then snagged the one pair that they just happened to have, that just happened to be in my size, at the end of season demo sale at Jay peak. Full rocker but somehow, magically, they can carve and not kill you on ice. I freaking love these. I still bring out my carving skis when it's all firm stuff but I'm planning to sell my Roxy Alakazam's because I just don't use them anymore now that I have the Bridge.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

I've got... blizzards? From like 2008 or 2009 (it's been a sadly ski-lite last buncha years)
    i like, uh, whatever they got in nh? i'm comfortable on anything at cranmore or attitash, which are where i've done 98% of my skiing.

saw your email, got a scary phone call now, will get back to you after!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016 edited

pocky and a_lion in Jackson, WY. #notbostonnotfixed
     photo 2016_0109_172405_001_zpsde1leofh.jpg
     photo 2016_0111_154949_001_zpsf9fojtwz.jpg::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2016

Skiing scares the crap out of me, but what a view!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

and on the groomed side...

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Ooh, you captured the "faerie dust"!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2016

finally gonna do my moab trip in a week and a half, but i haven't actually ridden anything but a spin bike since...sept? so probably i will bike for half an hour then go back to my airbnb and hug the dogs that are there for the rest of the day every day, i guess??
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016

That spin class is going to have made you indestructible. All spin class instructors are like drill sergeants or something, aren't they? You will probably surprise yourself and ride better than ever before on your Moab trip.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016

our spin class is for old people, and it's actually 'spinn and tone' so the first 15 minutes are doing stretches (on the bike), quick sprint, nearly 10 minutes using hand weights, 20 minutes of actual hard spinning, then 10 minutes of cooling down, stretching (on and off the bike) and a lil bit more weights. some lady with an oxygen tank makes it through, although she doesn't use weights, but i mean, she's there...
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016

Was it this lady?

http://wreg.com/2016/04/01/78-year-old-grandmother-deadlifts-245lbs-at-the-gym/"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016

she's probably more like the 'two years ago couldn't even get off the floor' version of that lady