Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO BE #BOSTONSTRONG?
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

going to new orleans for marathon weekend.
    boycotting Jansportsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

HAVE YOU GUYS THROWN OUT YOUR PRESSURE COOKERS YET?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Getting threatened off the road by Boston sports fans and getting on a plane to France."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Eating junk foodi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I've decided to not shower all week. By Monday, I'm sure to smell #BostonStrong.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

Can we make the Friday after every marathon be Lockdown Day and just have everyone shelter in place with cookies and booze? Because, you know, never forget.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

spokenword:Can we make the Friday after every marathon be Lockdown Day and just have everyone shelter in place with cookies and booze? Because, you know, never forget.
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014 edited

Dude, I've been doing Lockdown Day for the past 6 weeks so I'm really good at it now. I volunteer my place this year.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

But seriously, everybody who uses the phrase "Boston Strong" should be forced to read this and look at this map of shootings since the Marathon Bombings and then be required to write an essay on why it nearly forms the perfect shape of Roxbury and Dorchester combined.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    A+ Laura Everett's the bees knees.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthormfratt

I'm sick of people getting teary eyed over this. Yes, people died. Yes, people were hurt. It sucks. Welcome to the fucking world. There is no excuse from the security-theater, Constitution-suspending culture of fear that we got afterwards. And all the emotion and "hero stories" and #BostonStrong bullshit is just a mask to hide the *real* fallout from that week, which no one dares discuss else they be labeled a cold-hearted prick who doesn't care about the people who died.

The real fallout, in my eyes, is that our government now knows that if it can make the public even just a little bit scared, that they will gladly hand over all expectations of freedom and privacy - and then celebrate in the streets after doing so.

That is truly bone-chilling.

And to be honest (conspiracy warning), I'm not entirely convinced that the Tsnarev's weren't set up in the first place...
    Im so glad this thread existssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Nandy:
    spokenword:Can we make the Friday after every marathon be Lockdown Day and just have everyone shelter in place with cookies and booze? Because, you know, never forget.

rock dathe:Dude

surprisefries:i know
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.