Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    me+minifriesDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

bike messengers who used to deliver telegrams in rawlins

(a guy who used to work for western union came in today and donated a ton of really cool stuff!)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

oh my god, my piano teacher in nh, who i haven't talked to in a decade, apparently grew up here in wy and went to school with one of these guys. weirdest coincidence!
    • CommentAuthortheboy
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2015

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015

George Eastman, bicycle enthusiast
    57 miles per day over dirt roads in the Berkshires on a brakeless fix1e at the turn of the century... George Eastman was a badass.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    ^ !All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2015 edited

Also...
    Eastman remarked to a friend in 1895: "They are getting bicycles down in this country to marvelously low weights. Crouch has just bought oneā€¦that only weighs 17 lbs."

Holy shit, WTB for next Tweed Ride. Chris, find me one of these.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015

just found a tiny news blurb from 1887 - George W. Nellis biked from NY to SF on whatever terrible bikes they had back then, and did it in 72 days (stopping in my town for a night)