Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but I hey I'm new(ish) here. I wanna take a ride today after work, about 20 miles round trip that would end near the Davis area. I'd like I find some nicer roads out of heavy traffic (as in not just ride around Boston proper) and I can deal with some hills. I'm trying to find good routes to put mileage on my new road bike during the week when I don't have the time/energy to ride out to the burbs/up to the north shore. Thanks!and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

A loop to Walden is really nice. Something along these lines -- http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Cambridge-to-Walden-Pond-loop
    Be forewarned though, Trapelo road is NOT a great biking road. Traffic is relatively respectful, but there's more potholes than flat pavement. I usually do that part in the latter end, and don't bomb too hard through it.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

depending on the time of day, doing the Minuteman bike path can be nice. It starts in Davis and goes out to Bedford, it's like a little more than 10 miles each way. There can be a lot of pedestrian traffic but sometimes it's really nice getting away from cars!

You can also incorporate the Minuteman into the Walden loop; take the streets out and the Minuteman back or something like that.

Also, i have been checking out some little laminated ride maps that some bike shops sell - I know Cambridge Bikes and I'm pretty sure Ace on Elm Street sells them also. You can go check 'em out and see if you like any of them. IDK about you but I"m bad with directions and need something I can look at every 10 seconds and the ppl who make them seem pretty rad :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

The pain of double-flatting on Trapelo Road will haunt me always.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I flatted on Trapelo once, and my patch job was a total fail, didn't have a fresh tube, and it was about 5 blocks from Wheelworks but 15 minutes past closing time.

Fortunately I was meeting my softball team at a bar a mile or two away and everyone else drove.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D