Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014

I'm hungry.
    And it's only because I didn't pack my usual snacks and lunch to bring to work. So I ran next door to spend $5 on a subpar, bland turkey sandwich I smashed down my face during a ten minute break.
    What do you pack for lunch? My brown bag list is becoming a bit too repetitive and I need some fresh inspiration!

I typically bring two bananas, a peanut butter sandwich for a snack.
    Lunch rotation -
    a romaine, tomato, feta salad with shredded leftover chicken or tuna, a sweet potato, piece of fruit
    baked ziti (leftovers) with a carrot, tomato, cuke vinaigrette salad
    Lentil soup, crusty bread, hard cheese, fruit
    Chili, tortilla chips, avocado, fruit
    Endless variation of salads, also put into wrap form.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Can you make my lunches, plz? I usually forget to bring food and real lunches are expensive so I usually live on cheap bagels or free stale front desk candy all day. Great thread idea though, I need inspiration to get my shit together and bring food."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Lately it's always a yogurt for a snack and a sandwich with tomatoes, fresh ricotta, and some kind of green (often arugula). In non-tomato season, I usually change the sandwich up to be homemade hummus, some kind of green (often arugula) and some combination of mint, cilantro, or both, depending on what's in the fridge. Sounds weird; surprisingly good.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

During the week, my lunch almost invariably consists of: large pyrex bowl of kale or collards, sweet or white potatoes, and slow roasted beef or chicken, with hot sauce, bbq sauce, or green chile sauce. I am in a bbq sauce phase right now. Sometimes I add microwave cooked scrambled eggs on top, sometimes I don't. Two bananas, some spherical fruit, and a small piece of chocolate throughout the day.
    It's simple, easy, and satisfying, like your mom.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i am a spoiled brat and we have a ridiculous cafeteria that i usually spend $10+ at per day :D / :(

but i am trying to put a stop to that

last night i made some coconut jasmine rice (cooks in 10 min!), lemon ginger garlic cilantro broccoli and mushrooms, garlic tomato black beans + avocado on top and i made enough so i'd have lunch today and extra rice left over. i usually eat lighter for lunch (salad) but, dang it was good.

BUT
    as it gets colder you can just bust out Ball Jar Veggies (BJV). it tastes awesome and takes < 5 min to prep in the morning:
    get a large ball jar
    cut up veggies of your choice / whatever is leftover in your fridge
    put a small amount of butter or oil (if you wanna)
    add seasonings
    when it's lunch time, fill 1/4 with water (or more if you want more brothy stuff), microwave for however long, and you have fresh hot yummy veggie soup stuff!

i usually went for brussel sprout, carrot, onion, mushroom with butter, ginger garlic seasoning mix + braggs + nutritional yeast, filled up 1/3 with water and microwaved for 5 minutes. everyone at work was jelly. it also looks super fancy cuz all of the veggies and stuff are layered. and it's easy to switch up. sooooo good!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

I've been trying to bring this or something like into the office lately.
    Warm chickpea saladWe are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Aw, some bunghole stunk this thread.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    dora:i am a spoiled brat and we have a better-than-most cafeteria that i usually spend $5+ at per day :D / :(

If not though it's usually just a cold cuts sandwich, carrots, peanuts in the shell, and an apple or pear. Boring but gets the job done.

These days I don't generally have the capacity or energy to do more than the bare minimum in the morning.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That jar soup is a game changer.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Damn fools. This how you eat lunch.

American Sushi:
    -Raw cookie dough

American Meiso:
    -Cake batter in a box, add water, stir, eat.

American Wusabi:
    -Nutella

American Fruitcup
    -Skittles

Russian Camelback / Road Soda
    -Vodka

GTG!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2014

/threadWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Today's lunch:

Can of chickpeas
    Chopped cucumber
    Chopped small bell pepper
    Some halved cherry tomatoes
    Olive oil, salt, pepper

Dump in an old pasta jar and eat."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

paul jameson:That jar soup is a game changer.

it is seriously so easy and so yummy

nerdo:/thread

sedition wins!

Nandy:Today's lunch:

Can of chickpeas
    Chopped cucumber
    Chopped small bell pepper
    Some halved cherry tomatoes
    Olive oil, salt, pepper

Dump in an old pasta jar and eat.

that sounds awesome
    you can fuck shit up with a can of chickpeas

even just can of chickpeas + cut up avocado + salad dressing is baller. you don't even have to do anything in the morning besides throw that shit in yer bagMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

also tone's chickpea salad looks good ! chickpeas!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

of course, i'm saying all of this and i have brought lunch maybe 5% of the time since moving to this new building with a pizza bar, sushi bar, burger bar, dessert bar, salad/soup bar, snack barMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    brb searching job postings thereDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:brb searching job postings there

plz keep me informedi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    only 1 RA job posted right now, in vivo pharmacokineticsDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Every time I see this thread on the top page, I parse it as "BAD lunch ideas". But only Sedition's post counts in that regard.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    umm all of those are delicious except the American Miso.

And vodka. Not really delicious but I wouldn't kick it outta bed.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oh and also except when my mother-in-law mixes skittles and m&ms in the same dishDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    pocky:Every time I see this thread on the top page, I parse it as "BAD lunch ideas". But only Sedition's post counts in that regard.

Look, if you don't love America, then you just need to leave.
    I hear France has nice luncheonettes.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014

^Chris, I heard this in your voice.
    It was perfect.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorben

Anyone want to explain what NSIH is? I don't feel like reading this whole threadI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Not Safe If H_____. If you can't figure it out you're hopeless.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Not sure if hungry?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

NOT SAFE IF HUNGRY! due to the mouth water inducing discussion

See? It made me crack open a banana, and I was even hungry before!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Potassium junkies are the worst.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Need Some Igloos Here

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

pocky:Not Safe If H_____. If you can't figure it out you're hopeless.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    i had no idea what that meant

^that is one sexy igloo!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

tinyhonkshus:
    surprisefries:brb searching job postings there

plz keep me informed

IVE BEEN TRYNA GET ALL MY FRIENDS JOBS HERE so we can attack the snax together every day at lunchMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

did i mention free beer?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Wait, what? Free beer??? I'm in.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

everything in this thread is wonderful and relevant to our little lives -- why stinky? did I not put the ice pack in with it?
    Dora get someone to make a job I'm qualified for! :DDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    tyler:everything in this thread is wonderful and relevant to our little lives -- why stinky? did I not put the ice pack in with it?

No food = die. Thread is good.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I've been waging an unstink war with a super-stinker. Reveal thyself, crusty one, and tell us why you think eating food is lame.

Today's bag lunch: Cold, leftover pizza from the Pleasant Cafe in Rozzie. If you've never been to the Pleasant Cafe, you must go. It's old skool, wood panel Roslindale.

Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Dora, what was your red pasta sauce recipe? You posted it somewhere a while ago and I didn't write it down and now I have a bunch of tomatoes."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Dora's original post about this:
    dora:
    surprisefries:^Beat me to it. There's no way you can slice garlic paper thin with a razor blade and have it all take 5min, yo.

nononono

or use a kitchen knive but don't cut yourself

smash it once
    and it makes the skin come right off
    do it again
    and it mushes the garlic
    no choppage neededddddddddddddddddd

do that for a whole clove of garlic
    finely chop a big sweet onion
    sautee that shit ON LOW with mad olive oil, salt, pepp and a little sugar until it smells so good you want to die (and everyhitng is translucent, like 15/20 min)
    then put your crushed 'maters and basil
    then
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2014

i cook a whole pound of pasta, throw in some veggies, and bring a bunch with me to work where i keep some salad dressing. it's boring and repetitive but still tasty and keeps well.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2014

thanks dan!

also, andy, depending on tomato type, if your sauce is too thin add one of those tiny cans of tomato paste to thicken it up

this thread stinks....like yummy food!!

today for lunch i brought:
    leftover side salad from italian take out dinner w/italian dressing
    everything bagel i brought back from long island
    a few slices of tempeh bacon
    threw all that shit together and had an awesome sammy that took me 1 minute to prep in the morning. wooH!
    bought a seltzer and a KIND bar from the cafeteria for snacky timeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014

TIH: Spent like 10 minutes making a delicious sandwich for lunch, using possibly the most beautiful and scrumptious tomato grown on God's green earth. Only to leave it on my kitchen counter this morning. Fffffuuuuu!!!!!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ^i do that all the time.

In the winter I get into the habit of making freezer burritos a week at a time. Just take one out in the morning and throw it in my bag for breakfast. I also make an enormous amount of soups.
    I post a lot of my recipes on tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/alexcarlson alongside art shit and stupid gifs.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014

Goddamn, I forgot my lunch again! Lunch recommendations in the Fort Point / Seaport area?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014

capones always