Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

haha i love the Lego sense of humorDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    starting to feel bad about how many accounts i apparently missed with the ban hammerDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2018

BAN HAMMER is my new band nameWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    mine is Test Pit

(from all the GLX emails)DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    wow so i finally (accidentally) figured out how to check the new account applications and there were 168 of them and one was (maybe) realDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2018

Niiiiice. Real person, who are you???Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I'm not going to say except that it appears to not be a truly new person...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    oooh 11 more since last night, all spam, but one of them had the un "skidskids"...they're learning.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

why are they even here
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

how can they be learning but never learn how the formatting works to actually get links? (good lord, are they me?!?)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Skidskids is my new band name"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2018

Surprisefries for President is my new band name.

So now that we've solved the spambot problem.....how serious are we about making this place hospitable for new/returning users again? I have some thoughts but I'd love to hear what others think.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2018

...is it starting a new sw33t fixie craze? I say open it up to folks like bike partiers if they don't already have an off-fb hangout. Do the wheelie kids have a forum? The wheelie kids should have a forum."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Wow I didn't check for 4 whole days (was in Vegas, baby!) and no spams! Amaze.

Yeah I think we should try to open it up as much as we can, not sure the best way to do that though other than put it out there in other forums/IRL.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2018 edited

Nandy's joke is actually on point. I think if we rebranded slightly we could show new arrivals that it's not just for fixie kidz. I'd be willing to pay for an alternative domain name, and we wouldn't even have to lose the old URL for OGs:

Create an alias (or the action formerly known as parking a domain)
    When the system creates an alias, it does the same thing as a redirect; except that the website name shown on the address bar does not change. Think of it as using two different picture frames for the same artwork. The website content is the same for both URLs (the artwork), but what changes is the URL shown in the address bar (the picture frame in the example). For example, example.org is an alias for example.com. Try it!

You can create an alias for several domains to show the same page. The domains have to be registered with a valid domain registrar before you can create the alias. Also, you’ll need to make sure the nameservers are the same as those for your primary domain (the domain that you are pointing towards).

Important: Make sure you know what type of hosting account or package your account has. If you have a reseller account, you will need to ask your provider if you have access or permission to create an alias.

If you do not have this permission, you may be able to redirect one of the URLs instead of creating the alias.
    If you have permission, ask for the number of domains for which you are allowed to create an alias.

Of course, we'd still need to decide on a new domain, and we'd probably have to edit the header image to be more general... And then get some of the cool kids back on here. And then post in some of the FB groups we follow, etc etc.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Good ideas! I posted on the bostonfixed FB page but that is pretty dead too. Some of this would probably necessitate getting Brandon involved a)for help and b)because it's his domain and we should probably make sure he's cool with it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2018

Or we could just keep it going as a sw33t s e c r e t h a n g o u t and see if people come back/ find it on their own."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2018

password is still riding ur sw33t fixie

(I hope "sw33t fixie" never gets old)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    my businesslaziness will trend toward that :)

At the very least we can start trying to bring people back while we work on more options.

sw33t f1xie 4evaDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2018

Nandy:password is still riding ur sw33t fixie

(I hope "sw33t fixie" never gets old)

Oh hell yesWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    sw33tfixie.momDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2018

surprisefries:sw33tfixie.cop

Fixed that for youWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    but
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2018

"how can we get new users?" *wanders off for multiple days*

lookin lively and inviting! =PThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    lolllllDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    goddamnit i just went to bulk deny a bunch of applications from spammers but i seem to have bulk approved

hold on to your butts

i'm sorryDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

lack of posting sorted!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

looool"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    damn people tryin' to talk to me about work shit when i'm about to click a button on the forumDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D