Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorQue Sarah?
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014

Going with a couple of friends to Montreal then Quebec Friday to Wednesday. Bringing bikes and hoping for tips on what to do or what it's like biking up there in the city. We just wanna leave our car at the hostel and bike most of the time. Tips? Suggestions? Hidden gems?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2014

Naomi [Boston Bike Polo'er for a few years] moved to Montreal when she moved back to Canada. I don't think she ever posted here, but I'll point her to this thread. I think UN: Ben has been up there a few times riding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014

the ride between mtl and quebec is excellent if you have the time
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

i have a cycling map book of the cities and surrounding area if you'd like to borrow

That would be awesome. I can't see us doing the day ride to Quebec. We'll have the car, so we'll probably do some countryside viewing. One day I'd love to make that trek. I'm off tomorrow if you can meet up to do a drop?
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

most of the major arteries in the downtown core have cycletracks, which is different from Boston. Harder to go fast, and you'll sometimes get clogged up behind packs of MTBers and Bixi (their Hubway) riders, but it's nice as far as not having to deal with cars right hooking you or getting doored.

It's been a few years since I've ridden a bike in the city, but I remember that riding along the canals were fun, as was climbing up and descending from Mont Royal. If the weather's nice, you should put a picnic together by swinging by Jean Talon and getting tasty foods there, some bagels at either St. Viateur or Fairmount and then hang out at the park at the foot of Mont Royal. Also, those two bagel places are open 24 hours, so riding around at 3am with a fresh, hot sesame seed bagel to soak up a pleasant beer buzz is a great thing to do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

i brought a bike up there two summers ago. i mostly just biked from market to restaurant to park #swaglyfe. the city's not too big, and it's very easy to figure stuff out (except car street parking). i did a #norm bike tour with fitz & follwell. it was a good introduction to the city.

#lessnorm: mtl's music scene is pretty sweet. i would try to befriend some scenesters and find out where the secret clubs/events are at. they're everywhere. bring all the cigarettes you can carry.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014 edited

Hey if you haven't already figured out how to park your car, there's a big public parking garage under the library on Rue Berrii mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy

No we hadn't!! Or at least not that I know of. We're staying at a hostel (don't know which). Friend is planning those type of logistics. That sounds great.
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

#lessnorm: mtl's music scene is pretty sweet. i would try to befriend some scenesters and find out where the secret clubs/events are at. they're everywhere. bring all the cigarettes you can carry.
    most of my MTL friends are/were industrial kids who'd host us for Kinetik when it's on in May/June; but one venue that I totally like hanging out in regardless of scene is Casa Del Popolo (http://casadelpopolo.com/) which is ... imagine if The Middle East was all vegetarian, and owned and operated by Godspeed You! Black Emperor ... because that's actually what it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2015

Top, Going to Montreal and Burlington this weekend with my bike. Suggestion wanted.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I was just in Burlington last weekend, albeit without bike. Do you want, like, ride suggestions? Burlington the city seems very bikeable. Some great restaurants and many shitty college dives. Definitely ride the path along the lake...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I'm going to Montreal this weekend too! Although probably not with a bike. Are you going to the race?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Ride from montreal to quebec
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Burlington plans are pretty jam packed. Seeing purity ring and goig to Tilt before that. Riding the bike trail too.
    • CommentAuthorgc

in burlington, eat at al's french fries on williston road and 4 corners of the earth deli on pine st.
    oh myer's bagels are pretty good too.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I can also recommend Revolution Kitchen, if you're down for vegetarian fare. And that hipster Mexican diner place, whatever it's called.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016

When riding from Montreal to quebec one needs to know few facts below-

Distance from Montreal to Quebec City is aprox 300 Kms

Bikers usually takes this when they travel through this cities en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_Canada_Trail

Here's a trail map
    some_text

I think when riding those long distant ride you need to have a good bike that can withstand long ride without breaking in the middle of your journey,I purchased Schwinn Men’s Phocus 1600 for this purpose reading this review few months ago -http://roadbikehub.com/schwinn-mens-phocus-1600-700c-drop-bar-road-bicycle/ & its by far the best decision I have ever made for my biking journey.