Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

(I'll sticky this post about 2-weeks out from the event.)

Below is the link for the JP version of the ride. I know Boston Bike Party is going to organize a Boston contingent set to collide/join-up with the JP crew. I'll post info about that faction once it's made public.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1484256838504458/All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    On Halloween Night we slither and crawl through the streets with jaw dropping costumes, ear popping tunes, and traffic stopping magnitude!

Meet at Copley Square at 7:30pm. (8pm departure)

We'll ride for 10-12 miles at a costume friendly pace and land in Allston for an epic after-party at Wonderbar, where we'll get freaky on the upstairs dance floor, or chill out in the downstairs lounge. We're working on getting some free food & snacks for everyone so that we have enough energy to party all night (more on that later).

Seriously, this is the ride you don't want to miss. Be sure to invite all of your ghoulish friends to the Facebook Event Page, forward this email & website to your friends who are not into social media, and get started on your costume!

www.halloweenbikeride.netAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2014

dq;
    folks have said there's a bike party that night.
    uh, is that different from this ride? or the same thingMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^theres two rides; one leaving from JP and then the Boston Bike Party Ride that leaves from the common. theres talk that the two rides will eventually converge and then the caravan will go to Wonderbar after the ride. I think Wonderbar is the party.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2014

^Ew, Wonderbore.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Actually, they're both meeting at Copley this year, according to the Facebook event. Although there are some "convoys" starting in other areas and going together to the meet-up point.
    Over 600 people have RSVPed. Actual number will be higher. INSANE.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Wow this is going to be nuts. Pretty proud of my costume too.
    so whats going to happen at the after party? Obviously not that many people can fit in wonderbar...'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2014

ok i'm gunna go on the JP ride

i say afterparty at the polo courts in lower allston?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^ That.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I will go on the JP ride and then go to a house party in JP.

I need help on a costume, though. I want to go as "denial wearing a hard-nosed, unsentimental rationalist mask", but I want it to be simple, I don't want to do much to prepare it, and I realize I am the most pretentious fuck in the world for picking this idea. Just reading that makes me want to put a bullet in my head. Fuck me.
    So either that, or "white knight."We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

is the wonderbar party not happening anymore?MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

I was thinking about putting some sort of funny cardboard cutout on my bike, but I'm real lazy. I think last year we were "bike commuters" and ran around with handlebars and day-glo yelling "on your left!". We also have no imagination."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^^ dave its still happening i just don't want to deal with 600 people trying to cram into the bar.
    Joe, I have an adult tiger onesie you can borrow!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

nvm, I got it. I'm going to dress normally and go as "sexy male privilege." Boom. Easy. And it's the laziest SJW halloween costume imaginable.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

hey uh, alex what size is that tiger costume? :D

also do y'all wanna have a specific meeting place at copley so we can find each other??Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014 edited

I always look for Sedition on the steps, to the left. seems to be his favorite spotHi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    First, this:

FRIDAY: 6:45pm meet-up at Tosci Park/Central Sq. to group ride over to Copley/Halloween ride.
    DON'T BE LATE. WE WONT WAIT FOR YOU. https://www.facebook.com/events/1490150627927398/

Second, yeah, for anyone showing at Copley, meet on church steps, left side (if facing the church). Jimmy, I like that spot because you can see the crowd better than ground level. Not sure what I am wearing yet. WWII uniform. Spiderman. Some kind of all-black skull thingy (rather/too typical of me).

Text/call me when down there if can't find us. |7|8|1|6|4|0| 6|2|1|0|All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    dora:hey uh, alex what size is that tiger costume? :D

also do y'all wanna have a specific meeting place at copley so we can find each other??

I think its kind of a one size fits all sort of thing. Its got a drop crotch and a zipper all the way down the front so basically anyone can fit into it. If you want to borrow it, you're more than welcome too. It is also warmer than most north face coats I've encountered.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2014

I am just gunna go straight from work to copley, so i'll meet y'all there around 7:30.

so, trinity church steps, left side. i'll be there.

alex, i will text you!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    700 have now RSVPed.

Numbers won't all fit inside Wonderbar for the afterparty, so Brighton Music Hall is opening its doors to Halloween Bikers for FREE! Just print out the black & white mini-flyer to get in at no cost (see Facebook page).All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    BUMP! TONIGHT!

BFG crowd is meeting circa 7:30, on church stairs (to the left, if facing the church).

The most amazing bike event of year. Be there!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2014

Fuck it, I'll see you there. I miss you sonsabitches. I'm only coming to see you and will probably bail early. Does anyone want me to print extra copies of the flyer to get into the venues? I have access to a printer here.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    YES!!!! Joe, I have a flyer for you.

Was going to ride the bike loaded up in the Today I Love thread, and go full-on World War I costume, but I'm supposed to help with corking/marshelling, and it's just too. damn. heavy. Save that for a tweed ride. Now I'm scrambling for a costume...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

ill be the one with long hair and horns (if they stay on)
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

thanks to alex carlson i'll be there with my tail wagging in anticipation :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Anybody printing those fliers? I don't have a printer but need 2!
    Good seeing people. Some great costumes.

Apparently my parents drove into the city, parked on Mass Ave by MIT, just to watch it go by. Awesome.

Too many people to manage. Some shit went down near Inman. Came up to an intersection and saw two people pulling on someone's bike, and him trying to get it back from the others. Lots of people watching. No one helping. I pulled over and jumped in. We eventually got the bike out of their hands, but not until after I got hit 3x in the head, from behind. I wanted to drop them, but I'm well versed in the art of restraint and didn't want to have to resort to that (they were way drunk, too).

Also saw some asshole cat-calling to women, and even hitting some lady on the ass with his hand (all pedestrians). I yelled at him, but doubt it did any good.

And then work...big fight tonight, too. Gah. Time for bed.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2014

That ride was awesome, in the sort of epic biblical sense of the word. i've never seen that many people on bikes at once.
    The ride was a lot of fun, but I must say that there is definitely a limit for how big one of these rides can be and we surpassed it. The back of the group kept getting stretched out/separated because if was just too many people to keep together! In the process I feel like a LOT more people were pissed off than usual and definitely saw some shit going down. I think there was some conflict between a driver running into a biker, no injuries but there was a cop there, I forget which intersection. It was all pretty insane for sure..
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2014

dude right after that hampshire street shit with the cops i dropped off the ride with some folx. drivers were SO FUCKING AGGRO all over the place. got caught in the pack that got separated from the rest of the bunch for a bit on mass ave btwn harvard and central and there was serious bullshit going down with a driver there too. i don't think boston is ready for a 700+ person bike ride. i did have fun, but at the same time it was also a huge fucking bummer.

sedition that sucks you got caught in that shit :(

it was good to see folks for the short time we got to hang!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2014 edited

dora: i don't think boston is ready for a 700+ person bike ride.

agreed, BBP should also try to keep everyone in a tighter group. it seemed like riders were a lot more spaced out than normal.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2014

dora:dude right after that hampshire street shit with the cops i dropped off the ride with some folx. drivers were SO FUCKING AGGRO all over the place. got caught in the pack that got separated from the rest of the bunch for a bit on mass ave btwn harvard and central and there was serious bullshit going down with a driver there too. i don't think boston is ready for a 700+ person bike ride. i did have fun, but at the same time it was also a huge fucking bummer.

it was good to see folks for the short time we got to hang!

I was wondering where you went!

I kept riding fairly slow thinking that the group may have caught up =[
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014

at the risk of politicizing what should be simply a goofy fun time, i like reminding drivers that there are enough cyclists in boston that we can and will stop traffic if we want to. there were a ton of aggro drivers, but that's their problem. all in all it took about 5-10 minutes for the entire group to pass - hardly something to get violent about. as my friend said, the reaction on the part of angry drivers was strange - your options are either to get pissed off or roll down the windows and pump the stereo and enjoy the scene. if anything, this kind of massive ride should happen on the regular, as long as everyone understands that ambulances, buses, and pedestrians should still get right of way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2014

Also, why would you expect to drive at full speed uninhibited at like 8 on a Friday? Calm the fuck down, drivers. No one needs to die so you can get to your Halloween party 30 seconds earlier.

I always hate that holiday traffic stress, the ride sounded fun but I'm glad I stayed in."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    When anyone, cyclist or automotive, presumes to "own the road," shit get bad. That goes for Critical Mass, as much as it does taxis.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    ^Well put
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014

MJF:
    dora:dude right after that hampshire street shit with the cops i dropped off the ride with some folx. drivers were SO FUCKING AGGRO all over the place. got caught in the pack that got separated from the rest of the bunch for a bit on mass ave btwn harvard and central and there was serious bullshit going down with a driver there too. i don't think boston is ready for a 700+ person bike ride. i did have fun, but at the same time it was also a huge fucking bummer.

it was good to see folks for the short time we got to hang!

I was wondering where you went!

I kept riding fairly slow thinking that the group may have caught up =[

i'm sorry i disappeared! after that hampshire street thing the ratio of fun to anxiety shifted and we were like, WE'RE DONE!

but we learned that on halloween veggie galaxy is deserted, which was a nice surprise.

did anyone go to the afterparties? i rode by the polo courts around 10:30 to see if anyone was there but didn't seen anyoneMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2014

there were only 6 of us at the courts, a few of us left for a warm house party before you got there.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict