Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hey, I'm visiting Boston for a couple of days this week(Sat-Tue) and want to know if anybody has a bike I can borrow during my stay or is there a place that would rent me a decent bike. Fixie, single speed, geared, doesn't matter as long as it rides good. I'm visiting from San Diego where I work at a bike shop. I would like something around a size 56cm.

I heard Boston is better on a bicycle. Any places you recommend checking out, any rides happening during my stay?

Thanks

Tommy
    myspace.com/napalm_is_sexy
    we can make a ride happen if you find a bike - unfortunately I can't help you out in that department.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Doesn't Back Bay rent bikes? Greg/Lauren?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaryatid
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008

I thought Cambridge Bikes also rented. At least, they always have those rental-looking bikes on the racks out front.
    both shops rent bikes, but they're typically hybrids... who wants to pay to rent a hybrid?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    yeah that's what i figured, most shops just rent hybrids.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008

back bay has road bikes to rent, you should drop in... if you rent for a while it will prob be a reduced rate, but normally it's like 35 bucks a day (which is actually cheap compared to the places i went to when i visited chicago). there are some specialized allez's and various lemonds, mostly low end but current (9 speed)... lock and helmet are included.