Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

We batted this around almost a year ago...with the plan of revisiting when it comes around in 2014. Well, it's coming 'round again.

If memory serves correct, a $100 donation to 88.1/Late Riser's Club during November fundraising lands you a guest DJ spot. What we had talked about before was getting a few BFG people to pool funds for a $100 donation, and then we go in and guest DJ with Mark/Freewheel Burning on some given Wednesday (10am-12pm). As this is coming up soon, if it's a go, let's start planning because November will be here soon. I think it would be super fun.

Mark, want to chime in on this?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014

every preset on my home radio is 88.1
    ^ As should be.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    oh hey I just saw this for the first time, sorry! I'm actually doing my fundraiser show on the L&F this year, but if you guys donate to it for airtime you can definitely come down and host an LRC with me, as many people as you want.

I do think it is more than $100 tho ... maybe as much as $150, I have to check when I go in. I'll be on the air fundraising this Monday Noon-2pm.

However, the donation is supposed to be for a half show, one hour, but if you guys do it I'll give you the full 2 hours.

And even if the group show donation doesn't come together, anything anyone gives of course will be great!
    I could chip in for this for sureNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Anyone else? Evan? Paolo? James? KSim?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014

I'll chip in.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

oh shit i just saw this
    i've been meaning to donate to wmbr anyway

would totally do this!
    please text me if i miss the boat on any posts on here about this, i am 100% down to make this happen!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

same here"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Mark, you got a confirmation on amount to guest DJ? We could divide that by number of people who want to chip in?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yeah I heard them today, it's $150 :(

I think there's a t shirt included too, but only one so you guys will have to race or have a donut eating contest for it
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Haiku battle, obviously.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Ok, so I don't want people to throw in more than they can. Let's start here, and see what seems to work; If we could get 6 people to split $150 it would be $25 each. Does that sound reasonable? If don't want to discuss it publicly just PM me.

Short list so far:

1. Me
    2. Dora
    3. Joe
    4. Craig
    5. BenAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Mark's spot is MONDAY 11/10. We have short time to figure this out! Please respond promptly!!!

EDIT: We would need to make the donation on Mon, 11/10. Figuring out when we'd actually guest DJ is a whole other issue/date.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

I'd kick in for this. Can meet someone in Cambridge tomorrow.We are the small axe.
    If I can get commitment from ppl, I'll front the money.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    in for sure. tomorrow is monday 10th though not 12thDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    chr|s sedition:If I can get commitment from ppl, I'll front the money.

Committed.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2014

Committed for up to $25. It looks like fundraising week goes till Wed. the 12th.We are the small axe.
    Five people have CONFIRMED for $25.

-Jimi
    -Tone
    -Even
    -Craig
    -Me

I'm sure we can get someone(s) else to jump in. I'll front the $ and call in during Mark's set tomorrow. This is going to rock!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Also be aware that while we love credit card payments, you can say that you'll send a check or money order in when you pledge and then take time to collect from everyone (and maybe add people) before sending payment.

Make sure to tell them it's the BFG donation when you call so I can give proper shoutouts!
    chr|s sedition:Five people have CONFIRMED for $25.

-Jimi
    -Tone
    -Even
    -Craig
    -Me

Who has Paypal or Venmo?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2014

Is it too late for me to put in $25?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Not at all!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    If we end up with MORE than 6 people kicking in money, cost will be less than $25 per person. I'll equally distro money back to people based on total who enter pool such that everyone pays the same amount.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    DONE!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Mark, girl I talked to seemed a little confused. Asked if I wanted a premium and I just said, "Nope. I know Mark and he knows what's up with it. Just tell him the Boston Fixed donation came in." I was the Christopher from Somerville that called in at like 12:05pm. Paid by credit card.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

I could do paypal or set up Venmo. PM me your details and I can send the payment.We are the small axe.
    ah crap they really got confused about that, I even asked on air "was this BFG?" and they were like "huh? no" and said "he didn't want a premium" so I didn't think it was you ... ugh. Anyway I will remedy that now as far as shouts out and making sure they know that is for airtime!
    So I said it on the air but a huge THANKS to you guys for the donation! Things were pretty slow for me this year compared to in the past and your pledge was a big boost!

Now we just need to figure out the plans for your show. There is ZERO rush to do this. We can basically schedule it anytime in the next year, tho it will be on a Wednesday that I do LRC which cuts it down to around 2 Wednesdays a month over the next year that are available. Whenever you guys want just say. You can have the full 2 hours and play whatever you want. The more people that come down the merrier.
    YES HURRY: On getting money to me if you said you would commit to the $25.

NO HURRY: Figuring out when we are actually GOING to raid the Walker Memorial Building @ MIT. I imagine this might involve people having to get time off from work, etc. As Mark said, show is from 10am-12pm. Let's pick an arbitrary date and work from there.

First round: Some Wed in mid/late Jan 2015???All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm voting for sooner is better but my schedule is very flexible at work except for the 1st Wednesday of the month. Chris, I'd rather pay you cash than Paypal for many reasons, next 30rt?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

shit i'm sorry! i am bad at the internet on weekends and days that i'm busy at work
    just texted sedition for his paypal email address so i can send him the $ tonight.

as far as dates, i will prob be out of town from 15 dec to 04 jan so prettyyyy much any other days work for me. i just need to request off from work a few days before hand :D

thanks folks for organizing this and making it happen! awesome idea!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Ben: no problem!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Dora and Tone got $$ to me already. If push comes to shove when scheduling date to actually go into WMBR, first responders are going to take priority!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:Dora and Tone got $$ to me already. If push comes to shove when scheduling date to actually go into WMBR, first responders are going to take priority!

Add Evan to this list.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2014

In some strange twist of fate, the first time I donate to a college radio station in years and the next day I find out the station where I DJ'ed at for a decade over 20 years ago is hanging it up and going to web only because they are overwhelmed with the FCC logs and can't figure out what is appropriate to play.We are the small axe.
    Whoa.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Arrived in today's mail. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2014

Let's do 3rd Wednesday in January?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    3rd wednesday in january is AOK by meNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Just a heads up, third Wednesday in January may not be possible. I'm on every other wednesday, so I have to make sure I'm on that day before I commit. I am the one that makes the entire schedule for LRC, so some tweaking on my end is possible, but I won't know if that day is possible until late December when I make the schedule for January.
    That's not to say it CAN'T be that day, I just can't commit to it until I see what the schedule looks like for that month.
    PAID:
    Dora
    Tone
    Evan
    Craig
    Me

PENDING
    Ben (next 30 Rack). Once paid, the $150 has been reached.

OTHERS
    Joe and Jimi also expressed interest. If they, or anyone else wants to chip in, we can start giving money BACK to people such that everyone pays the same amount.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2014

I listen to WMBR every day, it's going to be a challenge for me to wait!

Also, Chris, I'd rather submit to evil and use paypal than be publicly noted as a debt-evader."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    WHAT!?!? Who ever said that! Fuck paypal. 30 Rack is fine. I will REFUSE any paypal payment you send me!

Anyone else wants in on the MBR action, just chime in!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Or just use venmo. It's easier than PayPal too.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Venmo rocks.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014

Man, I've been in moving hell so I didn't see this. I would love to take part in this (if I'm in town) and contribute to the cause (even if I'm not in town).::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014 edited

i could/would put in like 10$ just to visit the wmbr studio and look around. dont really have any input for music. its up to yall if you think thats fair