Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2014

• Did we get a date or is it still too early for that?

• Never having been to WMBR, what type of formats can we bring and how extensive is their library? Such as, can I bring my 8-tracks? Most of my punk vinyl was stolen some years back. I may have a copy of Kill for Christ kicking around but it may be out of true.

• Thoughts on the show format? Forced playlist / Free for all / Everyone gets 20 minutes to play what they want / Theme based - songs about bikes or songs with bike parts in the title or band name (chain, gear, wheel, etc)

We are the small axe.
    I wasn't planning on moving forward with anything on this till after holidays / Jan 1.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I was about to post that third wed in January is ON but then I realized I'm actually thinking of the second Wednesday, haha.

I will be on LRC on Wed the 14th and Wed the 28th.

If either of those work for you guys lemme know and we'll start planning for it. If not, it's possible I can do the 21st (and may have to cover it either way) but those other 2 dates I am definitely on.
    I say 28th. What say the rest of you?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2015

That works."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Also, everyone is paid up. If anyone else wants to jump-in, cost will be LESS than $25, and others will start getting money RETURNED to them to offset new cost per person.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2015

Should we be preparing programming for the big day or are we taking less of a role in it?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Yeah, Mark...what are your thoughts regarding how this is going to work content wise? Give everyone a set of some certain amount of time, etc?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    If you guys want to pick all the music for the show, that's cool. If you want to pick some and hang out and I play some stuff too that's cool. Really however you guys want to do it is fine with me.

An average LRC (for me) has 30-35 songs. With so many people on there will be more talking than usual so that could easily be more like 25 songs getting played. I think with a big group maybe what works best is everyone bring stuff and we can throw it all on wherever and you guys can talk about your tracks and rib each other or whatever when we announce what was played. You guys can read the concert reports and have fun with all that stuff.

I do ask that people try to bring physical copies of the music if possible. And also give me lists of stuff and I can see if we have it in the record library. Old punk metal etc stuff we may very well have. I mainly just don't want 8 people shoving phones at me telling me to use their Spotify haha. Also please be aware of excessive cursing in tracks, people are always forgetting that their favorite Circle Jerks song has 14 f bombs in it, heh
    I'm not going near the concert report. That thing is a Tolstoy novel. You have be a pro a reading it and not have it take the entire show. I ain't got those kind of skills. :)

And I miss the days when it wasn't really a problem to request something like Alphabet Song / Kudgel. Fuckin FCC.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Ok, kids...the tentative date we set (Jan 28) is looming. Many people who paid-up for this have NOT chimed-in. Please do so. That date is not set in stone. I realize that we not be able to get everyone on the same day, but we should make best efforts to maximize attendance.

WHAT SAY YOU:
    Dora
    Tone
    Evan
    Craig
    BenAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    28th should be OK for me.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

Craigglesofdoom:28th should be OK for me.
    We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

Same!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Mark, there was something I requested awhile ago that ya'll didn't have. I now have a digital copy. Can I just burn that to a CD, and bring that in?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    uggggh I don't think I can make this. Work is crazy right now. I will listen though, there's a web stream right?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

i can sneak out of work for this

i'll try to put a few songs together and get the list to you asap, mark. thanks for all of this!

i'll try to find songs that are somehow bike related (even if it's something in a band/song name or whatever). and/or just stuff i've been listening to lately

where is the WMBR actual station?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

Also, mark & folks; I was wondering if it would be OK to read a short statement/PSA about The Community Spoke on the show.

We have kind of been decommissioned, but we still have all of our stuff (tools, bike parts, etc) and are trying to get someone to take over and give them our "bike collective in a box".

Alex is writing a thing that will pretty much say, "this is the deal. if you're interested in starting a bike collective, we have stuff for you! email us!". I can send you the finalized blurb once it's done.

Would that be OK??Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    TCS promo/PSA is absolutely cool!

Burned CDs are also very cool and encouraged!

As for music to play, please feel free to bring as many CDs and/or records as you want. Please let me know by post in this thread (public or whispered) songs that you want me to check and see if we have in our library. Especially to help us make sure we have enough music to fill the two hours!

Looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun.
    I'll be posting-up music I am bringing (format), etc. over the weekend.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015

Heard a shout-out for our guest show around 11:50 today, so stoked!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

What time is this happening on 1/28? I totally dropped the ball and want in if I can make it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ 10am - 12pm

Studio is in the basement of MIT's Walker Memorial Building (142 Memorial Drive, by tennis courts, east side of Mass Ave).All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorMJ

chr|s sedition:^ 10am - 12pm

Studio is in the basement of MIT's Walker Memorial Building (142 Memorial Drive, by tennis courts, east side of Mass Ave).

Secondary thing if anyone else is interested, my favorite MIT bar is upstairs if anyone wants to grab a beer while it's going on!
    They serve beer at 10am?!? Moreover, who drinks beer at 10am? Everyone on here switches over to whiskey by 8am.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Muddy Charles is unfortunately closed for renovations.

I plan on getting there no later than 9:30 so we can pull music from the library and discuss the show and how we want to do it, hope to see as many of you as possible!
    The Muddy is probably the better of the MIT bars since the Thirsty Ear moved. RIP Old Thirsty Ear.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I started pulling music today. Holy shit. I've got to narrow this WAAAY down. There is just far too much good rock n rolls.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

surprisefries:The Muddy is probably the better of the MIT bars since the Thirsty Ear moved. RIP Old Thirsty Ear.

Never got around to the Thirsty Ear before it moved; I've been meaning to go lately but I always end up at the Muddy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Is the Thirsty Ear the one that used to be in the basement of some dorm building on the corner of Mass Ave and Mem Drive? With the $2 pitchers and the nerd karaoke? If so, I loved that place.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Yes, that's the place! And only one bathroom with 3 stalls. Graffiti everywhere. We used to go for karaoke on Thursdays after rugby practice- still do but it sure isn't the same.

That's actually where I met Mrs. Fries.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    chr|s sedition:I started pulling music today. Holy shit. I've got to narrow this WAAAY down. There is just far too much good rock n rolls.

I pretty much pull double what I need for a show, always think I have way too much, then say "argh running out of GOOD shit" halfway thru the show, then get bummed about 8 things I didn't play afterwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

surprisefries:That's actually where I met Mrs. Fries.

Whoa! Amazing!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Mark, there is only one track I don't have that I'd like to pull from the MBR library, if possible:

The Call Up | On the Water Tower | s/t demo | x | cd | 2003

(Also, is there any way to get a copy/burn/etc of that track? I only have an MP3 of shitty live version at TTs)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

Thanks, Sedition.
    I'll come and pitch in $ if I can contribute at least one modern rap song and at least one late 70s UK punk song.
    What are our guidelines and restrictions?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^ It's a punk/metal show. No hippity.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

Freewheel Burning:TCS promo/PSA is absolutely cool!

Burned CDs are also very cool and encouraged!

As for music to play, please feel free to bring as many CDs and/or records as you want. Please let me know by post in this thread (public or whispered) songs that you want me to check and see if we have in our library. Especially to help us make sure we have enough music to fill the two hours!

Looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun.

Awesome, thank you for letting us do a TCS PSA!

Are you able to play cassette tapes?? I realized that most of my favorite music is on tapes. Also it would be easier for me to put my songs all on a tape vs. a CD, would that be OK/convenient for you? If not I'll make something else work!

Also what's the deal if we have snowpocalypse?

i'm excited!

joe you're only allowed to play rap if it's from Dee Dee Ramone's rap album :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to accommodate cassettes ... we have one tape player at the station and it's in the other studio that we won't be using. That's the studio I usually go out of but we are going to use the more modern one that has seats and multiple microphones for guests (which actually has me stressing out because I am really unfamiliar with the studio we will be in, I only use it once every couple of years!) ... I'm also pretty sure the last time I tried to use the cassette player we do have, it was messed up. :(

So yeah SNOWPOCALYPSE is a concern, but as of now I am planning on doing the show. If by wed morning it's still snowing and roads aren't clear we may need to reconsider/reschedule. WATCH THIS SPACE.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

BUMP?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Still trying to assess whether I can get there in the morning! What is everybody else thinking at this point? Seems like the worst of the storm is over, I just read that after 8pm any further snow won't accumulate more than 1". Soooo assuming I can dig my girlfriend's car out and either get my bike out of the back of it and ride or have her drive me, I should be able to make it. Lemme know everyone's status!
    I'm still ify. Still in Dedham. Have a lot of shoveling to do. I'd still might be able to make it, but a post-ponment would make life a LOT easier.

What say others?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Just to be clear I am totally cool with postponement.
    Craig just texted me. 101 fever. He can't make tomorrow. Let's post-pone.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

cool, that's perfect. i feel like it's going to take me forever to get around tomorrow so another date would be better IMHO. and it gives me time to get my songs together :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Ok. We will postpone to a date TBD. Stupid snow.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

sorry, i hope that's OK and not a pain in the ass for you!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Okay I am completely in support of postponement."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Not a PITA at all except now I'm trying to get out of the show altogether since I had nothing prepared and I've been snowed in my girlfriend's house.
    So I know it's pretty short notice but would you guys be into doing this next wednesday?

As of now I have nobody to DJ the show so it looks like I may need to do it myself, and it would be a great week to get you guys on.

Let me know!
    Wed 5/4? I could do.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.