Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Need atonement? Have a confessional to make? This thread is your redemption.

I'll start.

A confession: I now own lycra.

A guilty pleasure: I might, might, concede benefits of above referenced matter.

That is all I can bring myself to disclose about this subject at this point in time. More after a few therapy sessions.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I would have saddle sores up the wazoo if I didn't have lycra for my ride to school every day.

Also SO AERO for those longer rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2014

I think my husband and I might have too many bicycles. But we're a family of 4 including the cats, so having about 26 bikes is normal, right? Do we have a hoarding problem?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^ Depends. How many cats?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014

Nandy:...we're a family of 4 including the cats...
    (emphasis added)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Can I bring this up next time someone makes a comment about me having 6 bikes?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

6 is a very reasonable number. Don't be us, we're really stupid."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014 edited

Maybe stupid AWESOME.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

Well if you think about it. 26 divided by the number of family members is only 6.5 bikes per living thing. So you can justify that you're only a half a bike over reasonable.

Wow, the first google image search for "bike cat" is linked to bfixed.We are the small axe.
    30 cats = hoarder. 6 cats = no way. Oh, wait...did you mean the bikes???? :)All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I almost never ride bikes anymore."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

do you ride cats?
    6kidz:I almost never ride bikes anymore.

A bold statement.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

He rides early-onset middle age.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I confess that the Toyota Tercel thread is my favorite thread on this forum.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

You are the worst person in the world.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I was actually kinda hoping for that.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    He needs to atone.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I think it was revenge for what I said about the Toyota Turdcel thread.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthortristan

I confess that I visit bfixed more frequently than I probably should given that I'm not in boston anymore.
    On the other hand, I ride way the hell more than I did in town.

Also I like Tercels.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    No. He needs to atone.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    anybody hiring out in bend tristan?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2014

I only like the Tercel thread because it captures PJ's essence, if I didn't know him I think I'd feel differently."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I posted this on Facebook. Might as well post it here, too, as there is some spill-over to bikes.

I have now been skateboarding for about 27 years. It has taught me valuable life lessons. These are a few;

(1) You will fall. A lot. Get up. Try again. Many people speak of this as a life-metaphor. For skaters this IS reality. You -actually- fall. You actually have to get up. You actually have to try again.

(2) In order to progress, you must fall/fail. If you don’t, you are not trying to tap your potential.

(3) You will get hurt. Often.

(4) Failure to fully commit can often result in a much more serious injury. You can’t “half-try” (a handrail). Confidence is a must. Doubt will kill you.

(5) Potential is everywhere. You just have to “see” it. Skateboarding fundamentally changes the way you see your environment. A curb is not just a curb. A ledge is not just a ledge. Once your “vision” has been changed, you see the potential to reappropriate and reevaluate the face value of **everything** in life.

(6) To see the potential (above) also requires creativity. The more creative you are, the more opportunity you’ll find.

(7) There will always be people who are much, much better than you. There will always be who will never be as skilled as you are. Do not be ashamed of your ability, or envious, around those who are better. Ascertain what you can learn from them. Do not be egotistical or entitled around those of lesser ability. Ascertain what you can teach. In both situations, you can flourish.

(8) The police can be assholes.

(9) Rolling down the street, or at skate park, you have unlimited number of tricks to choose from; how to do them, what ramp to try them on, how fast to go, what to link them with, etc. Life is full of choices of how to respond to obstacles/environment around you. Some choices can be timid and inconsequential. Other can be brash, and reckless. The difference between them can be very subtle. The daily line you draw is up to you.

(10) People will judge you. They will either think you are a “cool kid,” or a total menace. Neither should be any of your concern. Follow your own path.

(11) People who push themselves, and fall hard, and often, get more peer respect than those who put in minimal effort.

(12) Things get harder as you get older. You also learn to enjoy the simpler things.

(13) With time, dedication, and real conviction, you can do things that you once thought impossible. You will have to fall, many times, in the process.

(14) Fun can be had anywhere. It is a choice.

(15) A small, unforeseen, pebble in the road can cause you to come crashing down. Be circumspect.

(16) Things you could once do, you will, at some point, no longer be able to. Do not be attached. Life is fluid.

(17) Skin grows back.

(18) No one will tell you what tricks to do. How you do them, in what order, etc. is of your own making. Be an unabashed, unapologetic, individual.

(19) Everyone is trying to figure out something new. Everyone falls. Everyone has their own battle, and scars.

(20) Find what you love. And let it kill you.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2015

(21) A butt is your best friend.

(22) Mountain Dewtm

(23) Be extreme.

(24) Being white is cool.

(25) No rules.

(26) Moms are cool as long as they make you bagel pizza.
    (21) No one can skate for you. Failure, and success, are yours, and yours alone.

(22) If you do the same tricks over and over, you will become very proficient at them. You will also quickly grow bored. Diversity is essential to keep life interesting.

(23) You will be treated as a lesser person, who participates in a lesser sport. In many places your very sport is criminalized. Just carrying a skateboard may make you a suspect class. This is a window into how other marginalized people experience life.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Great rules for life. I used to do some (rather pathetic) urban freeriding (yes, I was an asshole), and remember vividly how that changed my view of the city around me.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Confession:

That horrific ride home the other night. It traumatized me. Something changed. Aside from 3 min trips, I have not ridden since, despite it being like 25 degrees warmer (I wasn't even cold that night!). I am typing this on the way to work. On. The. Subway. The train is on stand-by. I'm going to be late. What has happened to me?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I was too warm towards the end of the day, rode the last few trips with my jacket open.

Maybe you just needed a break? That's normal, this weather (I think mostly the wind) wears you down and people drive so dumb."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

If you commute via public transportation for long enough you'll probably remember all the reasons you love biking and then you'll go back to it.

When I took the bus to work in an attempt to not kill my immune system and get over bronchitis, I lasted two or three days before I felt like I needed to start biking again.
    yo chris, re-read 1-4, 13, 15, and 17 on your list.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    seanile mick:yo chris, re-read 1-4, 13, 15, and 17 on your list.

•blink•All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfixiefriend
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015 edited

been riding the bus to work this week since I caught something over the weekend (from food i ate) and wanna get over it asap. loss of energy, light-headed, etc. otherwise would be riding.

a few years back I had the flu (misdiagnosed as a cold), biked to cvs to get a prescription cold med. fainted waiting for it to fill out, completely collapsing the makeshift flu-shot table (ironic) / foldable chair area. came to myself (nobody helped me), got the meds and biked back home, shivering, in perpetual fear that I was going to faint again mid-ride and get sucked under some providence city bus. it was exactly the same time of year. I made it home, but then later that night i was taken to the hospital via ambulance lol

breaks are goodgotta go fast
    Dude...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015

he knows.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Reading this thread has minimized the crisis I've been having since realizing I haven't ridden my bike in 2015. I crashed (stupidly and due to self inflicted circumstance) on New Years Eve and have been bussin' to work since. I've made a lot of excuses but really I've just been lazy. I get my Steamroller today so hopefully I'll be able to build it up and get it on the road tomorrow morning.

Nothing is sadder than paying for the bus in pocket change every morning with the same bus driver.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2015

I didn't ride at all for three weeks of December and January because I was traveling and there was some stupid shit in the last week about having airline bags get stuck at Logan which kept me from using my bike for my commute. Today has been the first full week of riding again, and it's so nice not to feel like a fat, out-of-shape POS again.
    I rode maybe 2-3 times in the 3 weeks I was on baby leave, I've been back since Jan 2 and I still feel like a fat, out of shape POS.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Due to this shit going down with my mom, I have not ridden in about 9 days. Due to that, and being crazy sick around XMAS, The last month has been the least I've ridden in about 10 years.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015

Do you guys all wanna go on a drive together?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    who's tercel will it be?

started riding again two days ago, but before then i stopped after that -25 degree windchill night a couple weeks ago, and got sick with something unrelated.gotta go fast
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

WHAT IS THIS THE COMPLAIN-ABOUT-BEING-SICK FORUM JESUSSSSSSSS
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

Everybody needs jesus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

nuggetross fessin to being a dildoWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Nuggetross:WHAT IS THIS THE COMPLAIN-ABOUT-BEING-SICK FORUM JESUSSSSSSSS

No. It's the complain about complaints forum.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    joeyfresh:Do you guys all wanna go on a drive together?

BFGCC (Boston Fixed Gear Car Club). I'll make bumper stickers.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Fixed Gear car? Engine brake only.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Why is that turkey leg so long?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

It's a club. For cars."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries