Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

For anyone that doesn't have their ticket yet, D2R2 2015 is Saturday August 22nd. Tickets are $140 now and go up on Wednesday.

On the topic of tickets, have any of you sold one before? What did you have to do to transfer it over?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015 edited

Transferring one is really easy, or at least it was in 2011. It's just a matter of contacting them and saying "please put their name down in my place". That's how I got mine, I believe from Sean Reilly.

DQ I'm thinking about doing it again. I haven't ridden distance in 4 years now, but I'll be doing it on new lungs. I'm hesitant to drop $140 until I know what my body is going to do in response. Do you know how much the ticket price goes up?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Psst, if you want to do some distance rides, holler at me. I'm looking to get in better distance shape as well. Maybe I'll sign up too!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

The year I did it I came down with an awful cough the day before, which was a great excuse for walking up all the hills and taking the 115 route, and then I got back to dinner just before the thunderstorm hit."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015 edited

Rob, I think that might be a thing we can do. How about a few rides first and then we decide? TSB needs to mount up anyway.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Andy should come too.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I would fucking love to, but I'll probably be pulling my hair out getting some abandoned shitbox of a house habitable on the 22nd. Hopefully next year! We want to ride the Erie canal and end up at the D2R2."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

How about on a century some weekend? Destination, ice cream and a beach?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

In."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I'm very interested in a TSB re-boot. I have the week of July 7th off too if anyone else does."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2015

6kidz:I'm very interested in a TSB re-boot. I have the week of July 7th off too if anyone else does.
    joeyfresh:How about on a century some weekend? Destination, ice cream and a beach?
    I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'll be out of town from 7/3-7/12, but I can do most weekends when I return.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'm down for most weekends, though maybe we should start in the 40-50 mile range. What about a ride to Providence, lunch, and a train ride back?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Yeah let's start off shorter, I barely ride anymore and can't commit to my second ride of the year being a century."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Joe, what time do you leave on Friday? Can you squeeze a short-long ride (30ish miles) in Friday morning?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Unfortunately, I leave in the morning on Friday so I can't get in a ride before I go.

I'm down for a shorter ride. Do we have a route to Providence that doesn't suck ass?

The thing is, I hate, hate, hate "training" rides. Everything in my being tells me it's a waste of time, that I'm just doing a loop on this torture machine for no reason, and that I wished I'd gone on a walk instead. As long as we pick a destination that's desirable, I'm in.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I hate training rides too. Much prefer riding to a destination (more sense of accomplishment).Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorObo

Aye, may the ride+eat+drink for slow kids return!I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Always have a destination, even if it's "huh, I haven't been to Gloucester in a while, it's a cute place and I had a nice coffee there one time". Training is for people who hate fun and life."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    i'ma register for the 115k if anyone cares.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

FYI, the registration fee only increases by $10 if you miss this Wednesday's deadline. I'm thinking about the 115K as well, btw. Though, can't you basically ride any route once you've registered?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    idk. i've never done it. i'm mostly concerned with riding with friends.

also i might do this single speed.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthortristan

you are gonna be a sad panda if you do that single speedascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    PROBABLY.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    eh, he'd be fine ;)

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2015

Nandy:I would fucking love to, but I'll probably be pulling my hair out getting some abandoned shitbox of a house habitable on the 22nd. Hopefully next year! We want to ride the Erie canal and end up at the D2R2.

I would totally plan to do this with you next year. A+++ one of the best rail trails on the planet. It comes by like a mile from my house. I haven't done more than 30 miles of it yet but I really want to become an End to Ender.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015

i wanna do the 100 or 115k routes.
    anyone driving in the morning with space for random? i ain't been on the forum in a year or so but i'm good people.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

Look the robot knew I wanted this thread...

I have 2 open seats/roof top trays if anyone wants a ride going up Friday evening
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015

i managed to get a lift out friday afternoon!

can't freaken wait. trying to get all day friday off so i can do the d1r1 ride too, but probably not going to happen