Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015 edited

I cancelled the ShahJoe birthday party because I've been going through some hard stuff and I felt like I couldn't be what I figured everyone was expecting. Parties here have historically been ridiculous fun, but I can't count on me being in fun party host who takes care of everything and cleans up afterward mode so I cancelled. I realize now that that was a mistake. I wasn't trusting my friends to want to hang out if I'm not on top of my game. I also feel ripped up by Will's death and would like to have some closure with some people who knew him.

Here's what I'm suggesting.

A potluck. Everyone bring something. We celebrate Will. We celebrate the birthdays. I'll host and be here. Everyone lends a hand with cleaning up as needed. Spread the news far and wide. Post it on fb, even though I'm not there. Anyone who shares this feeling and wants to come say something about Will is welcome. Whether we've met or not, you're welcome. Whether you knew Will or not, you're welcome. There are a couple of people I've had beefs with in the past who were close to Will. They are welcome. I really don't give a fuck about whatever stupid shit happened in the past. Let's celebrate a couple of birthdays and toast to one of the brightest lights that shined in our community. Let's make up stupid shots and get ripped. I think it would be healing and I think Will would dig it.

So what say you? I'll be doing this regardless, whether anyone shows up or not. Maggie will be there too.

You know the address, and if you don't just whisper.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015

I was actually just about to offer to host, but happy to go somewhere else instead. I can bring homemade veggie burgers or whatever.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015 edited

i created a fb event for this for joe.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/703969753069468/

it's private due to the address being listed, so i don't know that you can see it if you're not friends with one of the hosts.. if you can't access it, let me know and I'll PM you the info/we'll figure something out.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    C and I will be sure to be there. If anyone needs a lift by car let me know.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

Bump. Looking forward to seeing y'all.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

Sean, will you add me to the fb event so I can find and communicate with folks?

Also, anyone who wants to recording, let me know.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

That was nice, thanks for hosting."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015

6kidz:That was nice, thanks for hosting.
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries