Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015 edited

Long time no see, and believe it or not, I kinda miss you guys. Even though there's only probably like 3 people who know who I am on this forum anymore.

So, bike theft sucks. I live in SF now and it's SO FUCKING BAD!!!!! I've seen 3 bikes get stolen from people i know in the last few weeks. Thieves literally make a career on it here.

I made a survey cause I was curious how people protected their bikes

I'm not trying to sell anything right now, you dont have to sign up for anything. I just think it would be cool to see how you all protect your bikes, what you want out of bike protection, etc.

Remember, the answers to this form will be public.

it's got 13 questions, half of which are multiple choice, most of the rest are one word answers.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kKsfaZX_Bw01dzYNFk_vt2MuF36lkazYR_hNhuG9SA4/

I'm honestly trying to get as many answers to this as possible. I'd love to get a few thousand answers to it if possible. Because fuck bike theft, and even if this doesnt help my idea, it might help other people protect their bikes. Delicious delicious data. Share it if you think it's worthy. Let me know what you think it's missing.

If you wanna see the results as they rack up... here you go: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kKsfaZX_Bw01dzYNFk_vt2MuF36lkazYR_hNhuG9SA4/viewanalytics

I came up with an idea of a new thing that might be able to help. It might not. I've been thinking about it for literally less than 24 hours. Plenty of research left to do there. it might not even work. Bystander effect is a huge fucking problem. And i dont wanna replace your u-lock either.

thanks.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    HI ZEV

*waves*Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

I vote for better parking.
    link because I can never get videos to work."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Heh, someone posted that earlier today on the SF facebook group page. I love that thing, and I would love to see it in the US.

I always wonder how close the clearances are on it.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...

HI ZEV!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Is Zev going to disrupt the bike lock industry??Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

ZevsInSF:
    I came up with an idea of a new thing that might be able to help. It might not. I've been thinking about it for literally less than 24 hours. Plenty of research left to do there. it might not even work. Bystander effect is a huge fucking problem. And i dont wanna replace your u-lock either.

PLEASE let it be this...
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I was disappointed that I could not find that photo just by searching "Zev with Pizza"Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015 edited

That photo is like the hang-in-there cat of Bostonfixed. I'm thinking about making it my desktop background.

Also, survey filled, though I doubt you'll like my answers.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2015

Done.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ben:Done.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.