Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorweapon x
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2008

So my wife's old bike [mid 90's Nishiki] is broken, and I cannibalized it pretty good, so all that's left is the damaged frame. I'm wondering if anybody here knows where I should ditch it. SCUL or somebody that needs it for a funny/tall bike. Or even just a steel recycler. I just don't want to chuck the thing in the trash on the side of the road [especially so that it's not picked up by some unsuspecting chap who subsequently dies], or wastes space in a landfill. Any ideas? Thanks.mess with the best, die like the rest
    recycle?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    how is it broken?
    Was this the bike they were sawing the BB off of yest. @ BNB?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm sure Marty Geekhouse would take it off your hands: somewhere at the bottom of his to-do list is "build a tall bike"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorweapon x
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2008

No, the bike was not at BNB. The top tube and the downtube near the head tube are a bit crumpled from a head on crash. Luckily my wife was the one who crashed on it, it was like that when the bike was given to her, but I noticed the damage, and didn't want her riding it. Maybe I'll ask Marty.mess with the best, die like the rest
    weapon x:...Luckily my wife was the one who crashed on it...

Best quote ever

even though from the rest of it I see that that is not what you meant.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorweapon x

^
    HAHAHA, that was totally a type-o

[edit] luckily my wife was NOT the one who crashed it...mess with the best, die like the rest
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

give it to the scul crew.
    give it to marty, his tall bike needs a far more important than sculride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

ilikeitfixed:give it to marty, his tall bike needs a far more important than scul

srsly.

Does he plan on building one with pursuit geometry?The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson

alexi gigantic:make it into a chair!

Like this but without the rocking horse aspect!

•  
      CommentAuthorweapon x

^
    That is great, I should totally make it a rocking chair. And as for Marty, I just realized he probably wouldn't want it since it's a ladies style frame:
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    • CommentAuthorPork_sword

I gave nosepicker my frame after I woke up next to it and he used the rear triangle for part of a bike... dunno if that kid needs more bike bit though
    this has a little more classic class with a brooks saddle:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    hide it in aaron's beard?there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    along with half the piece of pizza I had in there last night...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Aaron Gigantic:this has a little more classic class with a brooks saddle:

Looks a little like a creepy sex toy.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!